Avidemux portable is a video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities. It supports most video formats like DVD, VOB, AVI, DivX, XviD, WMV, MPG, MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, DV, FLV.
Imagine an application which does everything VirtualDub can do, but runs on various platforms, supports a lot of containers, comes with all Codecs you need built-in and doesn´t use the nasty VfW interface. That applications is Avidemux! And now the “official” version: Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It´s graphical user interface looks pretty similar to VirtualDub and most features known from VirtualDub are available too. Avidemux natively supports a great number of file types, such as AVI, MPEG, VOB, TS, MP4, ASF, OGM, MKV and FLV. At the same time Avidemux natively supports a wide range of Video/Audio formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 ASP, H.264/AVC, DV, HuffYUV, MP3, AAC, AC-3 and Vorbis. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities. Video-DVD or (S)VCD compliant streams can be created with easy-to-use “Auto” wizards. Multi-threading is supported!
– support for non-linear video editing, visual effects, and transcoding
– support for muxing (multiplexing) and demuxing
– support for popular subtitle formats: SUB, SSA, ASS, SRT
– has powerful scripting capabilities (tutorial available here)
– multiple filtering options: auto-resize, gauss smoothing, deinterlacing, chroma shifts, add black borders, etc.
– comes with a GUI (graphical user interface) and command line interface
– various output formats supported: MKV, Flash, AVI, MPEG-1/2, OGM, MP4, etc.
– built-in video encoders for: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, FFHuffYUV, FFV1, H.263, H.263+, HuffYUV, MJPEG, MPEG-4, Snow, x264, x264, Xvid, Y800
– built-in audio encoders for MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3), Vorbis, AAC, MPEG-1 layer 2 (MP2), AC-3, MPEG-1 layer 2 (MP2), Microsoft RIFF WAV PCM, LPCM
Changes in Avidemux v2.7
– Core: FFmpeg switched to the 3.3.x branch
– Editing: Fixed frame computation bug that led to bad cutting (euma)
– i18n: Korean translation (sheppaul)
– win32: Put log files into the local folder (achim71)
– Jobs: Fix name of the executable search
– UI:Steplessly zoom paused video when the window is resized (euma)
– UI:Added Ctrl+Shift+C shortcut to copy the current PTS to clipboard (euma)
– Filter:eq2: UI improvements (euma)
– Decoding: Fix VP9 decoding
– Filter: Using rubber bands for crop too (me+euma)
– Build: Redone packaging on macOS
– Decoding: HEVC decoding via DXVA2 blacklisted on win32, active on win64
– New Filter: ADM ivtc
– Audio: Distinguish between AC3 and EAC3 when importing