Avidemux portable is a video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities. It supports most video formats like DVD, VOB, AVI, DivX, XviD, WMV, MPG, MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, DV, FLV.
Imagine an application which does everything VirtualDub can do, but runs on various platforms, supports a lot of containers, comes with all Codecs you need built-in and doesn´t use the nasty VfW interface. That applications is Avidemux! And now the “official” version: Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It´s graphical user interface looks pretty similar to VirtualDub and most features known from VirtualDub are available too. Avidemux natively supports a great number of file types, such as AVI, MPEG, VOB, TS, MP4, ASF, OGM, MKV and FLV. At the same time Avidemux natively supports a wide range of Video/Audio formats, including MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 ASP, H.264/AVC, DV, HuffYUV, MP3, AAC, AC-3 and Vorbis. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities. Video-DVD or (S)VCD compliant streams can be created with easy-to-use “Auto” wizards. Multi-threading is supported!
– support for non-linear video editing, visual effects, and transcoding
– support for muxing (multiplexing) and demuxing
– support for popular subtitle formats: SUB, SSA, ASS, SRT
– has powerful scripting capabilities (tutorial available here)
– multiple filtering options: auto-resize, gauss smoothing, deinterlacing, chroma shifts, add black borders, etc.
– comes with a GUI (graphical user interface) and command line interface
– various output formats supported: MKV, Flash, AVI, MPEG-1/2, OGM, MP4, etc.
– built-in video encoders for: MPEG-1, MPEG-2, FFHuffYUV, FFV1, H.263, H.263+, HuffYUV, MJPEG, MPEG-4, Snow, x264, x264, Xvid, Y800
– built-in audio encoders for MPEG-1 Layer 3 (MP3), Vorbis, AAC, MPEG-1 layer 2 (MP2), AC-3, MPEG-1 layer 2 (MP2), Microsoft RIFF WAV PCM, LPCM
Changes in Avidemux v2.6.20
– Core: The bundled FFmpeg has been updated to version 3.0.7
– Core Encoder: A crash encoding MPEG-2 with B-frames disabled has been fixed
– Core Encoder: An error due to invalid decoding timestamps at the end of encoding with MPEG-2 has been fixed
– Core Audio: Sound issues including audio dropouts with AAC in MPEG TS fixed
– Core Audio: External AAC audio misidentified as E-AC3 fixed
– MKV Demuxer: FPS calculation improved
– MKV Demuxer: A crash with audio tracks using lacing extensively fixed
– MKV Muxer: The FPS value is set correctly now
– FLV Demuxer: File kept open preventing deletion fixed
– VPX Decoder: Swapped colors fixed, support for VP9 added
– VDPAU: Decode MPEG-1 instead of crashing
– Qt / Properties Dialog: A button to copy the data to clipboard added
– Qt / Filter Manager: Dynamically disable not applicable context menu entries in the list of active filters
– Qt / Filter Manager: Horizontal scrolling in the list of available filters eliminated
– Qt / MPlayer eq2 Plugin: The sliders on the right becoming squeezed horizontally fixed
– i18n: Russian and German translations updated (TotalCaesar659 / eumagga0x2a)
– Debug: Avidemux now prints the correct version string to the console or to the application log