Chaos Intellect: Business email client and contact manager. Our newest addition to our product line has been a big hit since its release and is ready for Vista! Read on to see what the buzz is about or read Chaos Intellect email client testimonials from actual users.
Why choose to use Chaos Intellect instead of better known email client software competitors?
1) It is not just an email client, but a full contact management system!
We have an award winning contact manager called Time & Chaos, sold since 1991, and have taken all the features from it and added it to Chaos Intellect. This includes Appointment calendars, Task lists, Memos, and full network sharing capabilities.
2) It has automatically linked email for your contacts
Our Time & Chaos contact manager made sure appointments and tasks were linked back to contacts to give you a record of what had happened in your relationship with them.
Intellect takes it one step further by indexing all of the incoming and outgoing messages and automatically linking them to contacts with recognized email addresses.
In the inbox, messages from people you know are immediately apparent, as they have a special business card icon on your message list.
On any contact, if you bring up their details and go to Linked Mail Items, you can quickly see any emails they sent you or you sent them!
3) It has powerful spam-fighting tools
Mail filters, Bayesian learning filters and a special SmartFilter designed to catch the “cheaters” who send spam specifically designed to beat normal filters. All of these mail rules are available to help get the junk out of your inbox!
The people in your contacts, however, are protected and “white-listed” so any messages from them will go straight to your inbox instead of getting filtered out by mistake.
4) It has special email features for Business users, including email merges
With the powerful contact database we have, the people you email often can be placed into groups and categories, which can function as the various mailing lists you use. With categories, one contact can be on as many different specialized lists as you would choose to create.
When you send to a group of contacts, you aren’t forced to use the Blind Copy field to keep email addresses private. You can also choose to use our mail merge features instead, similar to the merge features with Microsoft Word for paper letters. Insert some fields into your email, select the recipients, and Intellect will create an individual, personalized message for each person you are sending the message to, addressed directly to them, and looking like a one-to-one message directly from you.
5) Your data, including email messages, can be shared or synchronized
Intellect is network ready, so you can share databases or mailboxes with other users on your network. You can even pick and choose which databases you want to share, if you want to keep some of the databases personal for you.
Intellect also has an option to “Sync with removable media” to take a copy of your data and email with you or to merge your changes back when you return. No longer will you have to be at a particular machine to read and answer your email!
What’s New version 188.8.131.52:
- fixed an issue on column sizing when “Autosize columns” is turned off
- fixed an issue in Reports module when switching databases after a task report that would cause an error.
- the contact profile printout has been adapted to remove the redundancy of repeating the contact name on both the primary and secondary address blocks
- new windows 10 theme and removal of the ORB now replaced by a File Menu (boring but that’s Microsoft’s consistant new style)
- various other minor fixes and tweaks
- mail: fixed a bug that prevented Mailmerge Results from being dropped on the Queued Messages folder.
- mail: fixed a bug where a ctrl + d keyboard shortcut would change the date of a mail message
- mail: fixed mail receipts were not sending correctly
- mail: fixed a bug that prevented the viewing of an empty queued message folder
- mail: improved decoding of html mail with incorrect character set specified within the html.