DRevitalize portable is a program that repairs bad sectors (physical defects) on popular magnetic media (hard drives and also floppy drives to some extent) by generating a special sequence of high and low signals around the physically damaged area. The surface of almost any drive can be repaired with this utility (even hard drives that were dropped down or exposed to strong electromagnetic fields).
Please note that under Windows you need to run DRevitalize as an administrator to have access to anything else than a floppy disk. Windows will not allow you to scan hard drives in simple user mode. Although DRevitalize can run in the background, it is not recommended to run other programs which use the drive being tested. This is especially true when revitalize/refresh slow sectors option is active as it could result in data corruption on the revitalized drive. Additionally, the revitalize/refresh slow sectors option should never be run on drives with important data.
Whats New :
• Drevitalize (Win) : Drives detection corrected. Removed a bug that would in rare cases prevent displaying USB connected devices
• Drevitalize (all) : Drive size is now displayed in GB if it’s size is at least 1GB.
• Drevitalize (all) : Current scan position is now displayed in GB if MB count reaches 1024.
• Drevitalize (all) : Current scan or copy speed is now displayed in MB if the speed is at least 1024KB/s.
• Drevitalize (all) : Current hard drive type is displayed on scan screen and SMART screen. Either HDD or SSD.
• Drevitalize (all) : Copy drive screen now displays serial number of drive to choose.