Moku Hanga—Japanese Wood Block Printing Effect
The Moku Hanga app, Moku the Japanese word for ‘wood’ and hanga known as ‘print’, allows you to create an artistic wood-block print from any picture or snapshot—no need for time consuming carving—the artists from JixiPix do all the work for you! With the power to fully customize your Moku Hanga, you can create a masterpiece artistic enough be part of printmaking history!
Moku Hanga Features
One-touch settings automatically transform photos into wood block prints. Choose from a range of bold chisled outlines and bright-to-subtle color combinations; or create your own color combinations for a customize artwork. In printmaking the final image does rely on the choice of paper, so included are kozo fibers and rice paper to add an artistic quaility to your completed print.
Moku Hanga Styles
• Multi Color — uses the original colors in your photo. By adjusting the image color slider you can reduce or add the amount of color in your artwork giving it a variety of printed-styles, from a full-color process to a spot-color one
• Multi Block — uses 5 blocks of color pulled from your original image then divides these colors across your artwork to give the look of a spot colored printing process. The cool thing about this style is the ability to randomize the color throughout your artwork, and the ability to replace any of these colors using the full-spectrum color picker
Moku Hanga Includes
• Two wood block printing styles
• Adjustable outline width and strength with control over how smooth or fluid the chiseled outline appears
• Customizable color using vibrancy, strength and color area sliders
• 18 Artistic Edges
• 60 Papers
• 40 One-touch paint styles