VEGAS Pro portable is your project companion from start to finish. Edit professional video and audio material in high resolution formats up to 4K. Discover workflow-optimized plug-ins for image stabilization, design dynamic titles and create custom DVDs and Blu-ray Discs. Experience a new type of creative freedom with VEGAS Pro 14.
Give your creativity space to grow. VEGAS Pro 14 guides your video editing projects with its intelligent workflows and industry-leading audio editing tools, putting professional standards within easy reach. Native support for HEVC and ProRes file formats lets you place all common formats alongside one another on the timeline – even video from RED cameras.
VEGAS Pro 14 gives you more editing power than ever before. With new velocity limits, you can create fast motion that’s 40 times faster than normal speed. New hover scrub capabilities make marking in and out points and adding footage from the Trimmer much faster and more efficient. That leaves more time for your main goal: creating impressive videos.
A solid foundation – Image stabilization with proDAD Mercalli V4
Make shaky footage a thing of the past. Rescue material you thought was unusable and optimize it with proDAD Mercalli V4. Stabilize fisheye images or videos from your digital camera, action cam or 3D drone cam. The dynamic zoom-in function lets you create smooth, stabilized videos without impairing wide-angle shots.
Make a statement – NewBlueFX Titler Pro Express
Create titles, captions and closing credits in broadcast quality with the NewBlueFX Titler tool in VEGAS Pro 14. Give your productions extra polish with sophisticated animated titles to brand your projects with your unique style.
Stylish – NewBlueFX looks
Enhance the appearance of your footage with stunning video looks from NewBlueFX. Select from Film Color, Color Fixer Pro, Gradient Tint, Spotlight and Glow Pro.
VEGAS Pro 14 supports you right from the import and through to the finished disc. The included VEGAS DVD Architect gives you full control – from label design and menu controls to encoder settings.
Import Photoshop files with multiple layers to create custom keyframe-compatible graphic animations and overlays. Comprehensive menu design and detailed encoder settings in VEGAS DVD Architect make it an indispensable tool for creating DVDs and Blu-ray Discs.
– Intuitive drag & drop workflow
– Smart tools for upscaling footage to 4K and Ultra High Definition
– Perfect image stabilization with proDAD Mercalli V4
– Titler Pro Express from NewBlueFX
– NewBlueFX Looks
– HEVC file support and native ProRes format support
– DVD and Blu-ray Disc Authoring with VEGAS DVD Architect
– High DPI Support
– High Frame Rate (HFR) support
New features in version 14.0
– Added Smart Zoom, Smart Scale, and Smart adaptive deinterlacing to allow you to upscale clips for Ultra HD delivery (requires a supported NVIDIA, AMD/ATI, or Intel GPU).
– Added a Vignette video effect.
– Added support for working with high-frame-rate (HFR) clips.
– Added hover scrub to the Trimmer for fast scrubbing.
– Updated support for current BlackMagic Design hardware:
– DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G, 4K Pro, 4K Extreme, Studio 4K, SDI 4K, HD Extreme, Extreme 3D, Mini Monitor, and Mini Recorder.
– Intensity Shuttle, Pro 4K, and Pro.
– UltraStudio 4K Extreme, 4K, Pro, SDI, Express, Mini Monitor, and Mini Recorder.
– Improved support for clips from RED ONE, EPIC, SCARLET, and WEAPON cameras.
– Added Post lift, Post gamma, Post gain, and Dragon enhanced blacks controls to the R3D Decode Properties dialog.
– Fixed an issue that caused certain clips to fail to load on upgraded RED WEAPON cameras with older firmware.
– Fixed a crash that could occur when loading certain old RED ONE clips.
– Fixed a color cast that could occur in clips shot with RED Motion Mount on the latest camera firmware.
– Updated support for current AJA hardware.
– Added a Resample mode drop-down list to the Video tab in the Project Properties dialog. You can use this control to set the default resample mode for your project video. To override the project resample mode, you can use the Force resample and Disable resample event switches.
– Improved playback and editing performance when using a Dynamic RAM Preview cache size greater than 200 MB.
– Improved gamma calculations for still-image sequence renders for 32-bit floating point projects. Now levels for 32-bit floating point (video levels) and 32-bit floating point (full range) with nonlinear gamma are more consistent with 8-bit levels.
– Added a Group Video and Audio Events script (Tools > Scripting) to allow you to easily group audio and video events from an imported EDL.
– Increased the top-end of the range of event Velocity envelopes to 1,000% to increase the maximum possible overall velocity of video on the timeline to 40 times normal speed (in conjunction with the Playback rate event property).
– New artwork and icons for buttons and other interface elements give the application an updated, more modern look and feel.
– Support for reading and writing HEVC/H265 files.
– Native support for reading ProRes 422 files without the need for QuickTime.
– Fixed a bug that caused a disabled Beziér mask to become enabled when the mask is moved
– Fixed a bug that caused some Video Capture Help links to be non functional
– Fixed a bug that caused the Sharpen FX to exhibit different results when set to 0.000 depending upon whether the GPU was engaged or not
– Fixed a but that caused the arrow keys and J/K/L shortcuts to lose the ability to move the play head after undoing a framerate change in Project Properties
– Fixed a bug that prevented users from choosing their language during the installation process
– Fixed a bug that prevented video files from some cell phone devices from being recognized
– Fixed a bug in the scripting API that could cause an OverflowException in scripting extensions
– Fixed a bug that could cause VEGAS Pro to hang if the Escape key is pressed to dismiss the Render As dialog box
– Improved support for HiDPI displays. WIndows 8.1 or Windows 10 is recommended when using a HiDPI display.
– Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash when clicking in the header of the Vegas Explorer in Details view.
– Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash when renaming an in-use file in the Vegas Explorer.
– Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash during startup when running with multiple GPUs.
– Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to crash during startup when running with many network adapters.
– Fixed a bug that could cause Vegas to become unresponsive when loading projects that contained unavailable plug-ins.
– Fixed a bug that could cause rendered files to be truncated when rendering from FLAC source audio.
– Fixed a bug that could cause inconsistent audio and video stream lengths when working with some MP4 clips.
– Fixed an issue that could cause one frame to appear black when using Side by side (full) stereoscopic 3D mode with GPU acceleration enabled.
– Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect output when using Track Motion to offset horizontally only with GPU acceleration enabled.
– Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect output when using Track Motion when the 2D Glow check box was selected with GPU acceleration enabled.
– Fixed an issue that could cause incorrect display when using FX Bypass mode in a split-screen configuration with GPU acceleration enabled.
– Fixed an error that incorrectly listed the Studio RGB range in the Broadcast Colors plug-in as 16-135. The correct range — 16-235 — is now displayed.
– Fixed drawing and scaling issues that could occur when running Vegas Pro with a HiDPI display on Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10.
– Fixed drawing issues that could occur when scaling the keyframe timeline for OpenFX plug-ins.
– Improved performance when using 64-bit VST plug-ins.
– Fixed a bug that could result in inconsistent behavior after pasting video event attributes.
– Fixed a bug that could prevent Vegas Pro from correctly reading the Field Order value in some MOV files.
– Fixed a bug that prevented the Titles & Text plug-in from working correctly.
– Fixed a bug that could cause the application to become unresponsive in projects that contain a large number of bins in the Project Media window.
– Fixed a bug that prevented smart bins from preserving their Condition setting.
– Pressing A in the Trimmer now adds the current selection to the timeline as an event. If there is no selection in the Trimmer, the entire clip is used.