MakeMKV is your one-click solution to convert video that you own into free and patents-unencumbered format that can be played everywhere. MakeMKV is a format converter otherwise called ‘transcoder’. It converts the video clips from proprietary (and usually encrypted) disc into a set of MKV files, preserving most information but not changing it in any way. The MKV format can store multiple video/audio tracks with all meta-information and preserve chapters There are many players that can play MKV files nearly on all platforms, and there are tools to convert MKV files to many formats, including DVD and Blu-ray discs.
Additionally MakeMKV can instantly stream decrypted video without intermediate conversion to wide range of players, so you may watch Blu-ray and DVD discs with your favorite player on your favorite OS or on your favorite device.
- Reads DVD and Blu-ray discs
- Reads Blu-ray discs protected with latest versions of AACS and BD+
- Preserves all video and audio tracks, including HD audio
- Preserves chapters information
- Preserves all meta-information (track language, audio type)
- Fast conversion – converts as fast as your drive can read data.
- No additional software is required for conversion or decryption.
MakeMKV v1.9.5 (27.7.2015 )
- Added support for AACS v56
- DTS (core) decoding is now handled by libdcadec as well (workaround for ffmpeg dca decoder bug)
- Added ability lo lock a program instance to a single drive
- Greatly improved compatibility with broken video streams (commonly present on BDAV discs)
- Small miscellaneous improvements
- Bug fixes:
- Win10: Program could randomly crash or behave erratically
- Ceratin BDAV discs couldn’t be opened on specific BD drives
- Language comparison logic was incorrect during profile evaluation (“ger” not equal to “deu” bug)