Simple setup and clear-cut environment
The installation process is easy-to-follow, it only requires you to press a few “Next” buttons, after which you can get started on managing your e-mail identities.
Thunderbird sports a modern, yet user-friendly interface that concentrates all of the software’s functions in a few menus. Popular features such as writing a new email, chatting or search are made available from a quick access toolbar.
Impressive security features and support for multiple tabs
Managing e-mail accounts with Thunderbird is really easy. You can open messages in new tabs, you can use labels to mark important messages and you can read news without ever leaving its interface.
In terms of security, Thunderbird is no less disappointing. The Junk email filters blocks dangerous content, while the anti-phishing feature prevents your passwords and data from being stolen. Thunderbird’s security engine also includes digital signatures, certificates and encryption.
Chat with others and add extensions
The chat feature allows you to communicate with your friends in an easy and comfortable manner (it supports XMPP, IRC, Google Talk and Twitter). You can add new contacts, join a chat room and customize your status.
The last, but not the least of Thunderbird’s many advantages is that it is highly customizable. New features can be added via extensions, just like in Firefox’s case. The overall look and feel can also be changed by using themes or skins.
In conclusion, Thunderbird gets a thumbs-up from us. It allows you to manage multiple email identities, it can be used to chat and read news, and it can be adjusted to your needs with the help of add-ons. The response time is good, the system’s performance is not going to be hampered and we did not come across any errors or crashes in our tests.
• Simple to use, powerful, and customizable, Thunderbird is a full-featured email application. Thunderbird supports IMAP and POP mail protocols, as well as HTML mail formatting. Easily import your existing email accounts and messages. Built-in RSS capabilities, powerful quick search, spell check as you type, global inbox, deleting attachments and advanced message filtering round out Thunderbird’s modern feature set.
Junk Mail Filters:
• Each email you receive passes through Thunderbird’s leading-edge junk mail filters. Each time you mark messages as spam, Thunderbird improves its filtering so you can spend more time reading the mail that matters. Thunderbird will also use your mail provider’s spam filters to keep junk mail out of your inbox.
• Thunderbird protects you from increasingly common email scams “also known as “phishing” which try to fool you into handing over your passwords and other personal information. Thunderbird will tell you when it thinks a message might be a scam.
• Thunderbird provides enterprise and government grade security features including S/MIME, digital signing, message encryption, support for certificates and security devices. Attachments are never run without your express permission, protecting you from many worms and viruses.
• The new Software Update feature makes it easy to get the latest security and feature updates to Thunderbird. Thunderbird automatically downloads these small updates in the background and prompts you when they are ready to be installed.
• Select new button controls for your toolbars, install extensions to add new features, or change the look of your browser with themes the way Thunderbird looks and works is under your control.