It stays out of your way
No matter how many files are open, OcenAudio always remains responsive. Time-consuming tasks (such as opening and saving audio files, or applying effects) run in background, allowing you to work on other files.
The user comes first
The development of OcenAudio began when a brazilian research group at the Federal University of Santa Catarina (LINSE) needed an easy-to-use audio editor loaded with features such as multiple file formats support, spectral analysis and audio signal generation. OcenAudio development focuses primarily on usability, providing the user with a cohesive and intuitive audio editing and analysis tool.
VST plugins support
• OcenAudio supports VST (Virtual Studio Technology) plugins, giving its users access to numerous effects. Like the native effects, VST effects can use real-time preview to aide configuration.
Real-time preview of effects
• Applying effects such as EQ, gain and filtering is an important part of audio editing. However, it is very tricky to get the desired result by adjusting the controls configuration alone: you must listen the processed audio. To ease the configuration of audio effects, OcenAudio has a real time preview feature: you hear the processed signal while adjusting the controls.
• The effect configuration window also includes a miniature view of the selected audio signal. You can navigate on this miniature view in the same way as you do on the main interface, selecting parts that interest you and listening to the effect result in real time.
• OcenAudio is available for all major operating systems: Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Native applications are generated for each platform from a common source, in order to achieve excelent performance and seamless integration with the operating system. All versions of OcenAudio have a uniform set of features and the same graphical interface, so the skills you learn in one platform can be used in the others.
Multi-selection for delicate editions
• To speed up complex audio files editing, OcenAudio includes multi-selection. With this amazing tool, you can simultaneously select different portions of an audio file and listen, edit or even apply an effect to them.
• For example, if you want to normalize only the excerpts of an interview where the interviewee is talking, just select them and apply the effect.
Efficient editing of large files
• With OcenAudio, there is no limit to the length or the quantity of the audio files you can edit. Using an advanced memory management system, the application keeps your files open without wasting any of your computer’s memory. Even in files several hours long, common editing operations such as copy, cut or paste happen almost instantly.
Fully featured spectrogram
• Besides offering an incredible waveform view of your audio files, OcenAudio has a powerful and complete spectrogram view. In this view, you can analyze the spectral content of your audio signal with maximum clarity.
• Advanced users will be surprised to find that the spectrogram settings are applied in real time. The display is updated immediately when altering features such as the number of frequency bands, window type and size and dynamic range of the display.
Whats New :
Add “Convert to Mono” in open files list context menu
Add option “play head follows cursor position”
Add support to MP2 in MKV files
Optimization of waveform render (uses openGL when available)
Add regions highlight in open files search
Keybindings preferences can be changed with doubleclick
Add regions, markers and loop editors in the audio properties dialog
Add record cursor (only to show the record position)
Add Punch N Roll (with destructive recording)
Complete support to high DPI displays
Improvement of regions, markers and loops controls
Add open files list sort capability
Folder ($MUSIC)/ocenaudio is only created if used
Add cue file support
Removes “.dat” from ocenaudio associated extensions
Add remember last folder used to save a file
Add option to select bit depth when exporting PCM Linear in WAV and CAF
Keyboard focus goes to label editor when region or marker is created
Add optimization for linear transforms effects (gain, normalization and dc offset)
Stylesheet update of toolbar in windows and linux
Add support for audio screenshot in high dpi (requires Qt >= 5.5)
Layout update of QuickOpen
Add sinchronized view for two or more audio files
Fix presentation of preference dialog in Mac OS X full screen
Fix problem opening files with mimetype audio/l16
Fix regions playback issue
Fix freezing when close ocenaudio while region is being edited
Fix state of loop control in toolbar
Fix issue that can freeze ocenaudio when a message box is created during the close process
Fix a dead area bug (canvas area which not respond to mouse events)
Fix a problem that causes freezing in the audio mixer
Fix a bug with corrupted access of memory in some conditions. (Thanks to Frank!)
Fix a bug with channel synchronization during audio capture
Fix audio mixer when the selected backend dont have any active devices
Fix toolbar state on mac in some conditions
Fix issue that could create an empty undo when inserting regions
Fix issue that could freeze ocenaudio if region/marker or loop is being edited when quitting
Fix minors bugs