PartitionGuru portable is a partition management and data recovery program. In addition to traditional MBR partition table, it supports GUID partition table on GPT disks also. In addition to basic partition management functions such as creating, deleting, hiding, formatting partitions, it also provides more powerful functions like lost partitions recovery, deleted or lost files recovery, partition backup, partition clone, disk clone, quick partition, integral size partition, correct and check partition table error, advanced file operation, etc. It also supports VMware, VirtualBox and Virtual PC virtual disk files. Support IDE, SCSI, SATA drive and USB disk, memory card. Supports FAT12 / FAT16 / FAT32 / NTFS / EXT3 file systems.
Using PartitionGuru you can:
– Recover lost partitions
– Recover lost files
– Manage partitions, both MBR and GPT supported
– Delete files permanently
– Backup & Restore windows system and partitions
– Create rescue bootable USB flash disk
– Manage virtual disks of VMware, VirtualBox and Virtual PC
– Backup & Restore partition table
– Boot computer with DOS version PartitionGuru
PartitionGuru has powerful disk & partition management abilities, in addition to common functions such as creating, deleting, formatting, renaming and hiding partition, it provides more.
This function is for quickly re-partitioning a hard drive and formatting all its partitions in one step. Just open the Quick Partition dialog by press F6 key and then click the “OK” button, the disk will be partitioned and formatted rapidly. Also called “One Step Partition”.
Integral Size Partition
When you create a partition with a size like 10GB, 20GB or 100GB, it will be displayed as 9.99GB, 19.99GB or 99.99GB in the Windows Explorer. It looks like a little defective. The partitions created by PartitionGuru will be real integral partitions.
Backup Partition to Image File
Backup all available data of a partition include all its inner files to an image file. When the partition is damaged for any reasons, it can be restored from the image file.
Backup Partition Table
Although you can recover lost partitions by PartitionGuru most of time, if there is a backup copy of the partition table, you can restore it safely and easily. So it is a good idea to take a backup of the partition table.
Support GUID Partition Style
When the capacity of a disk is larger than 2TB, the disk must be managed by the GUID partition style. PartitionGuru fully support GUID partition style.
- Display and read files in EXT4 partition.
- Hex editor supports Go To Sector operations related to EXT4 file system.
- Hex editor supports Data Template related to EXT4 file system.
- Support FDD disk or image which is formatted to EXT4.
- Add support displaying data allocation table for EXT4 partition.
- Mouse cursor in data allocation table can be moved by Up and Down keys, and the cursor cannot be moved out of the table.
- When operating GUID partition for MAC, it won’t clear master boot record if not needed.
- Optimize the way of showing file cluster list.
- Fixed an issue that it couldn’t backup and restore partition table which contains EXT2/3/4 partition.
- Fixed an issue that it didn’t correctly display icon for folders in EXT3 partition.
- Fixed an issue that in some cases it couldn’t extend partition.
- Fixed an issue that hex editor couldn’t enter capitalized hex characters (A-F).