PixPlant portable is a smart 3D texturing tool that creates and edits seamless textures and 3D maps. PixPlant includes everything needed to quickly transform a common photo into seamlessly tiling 3D maps – it will save you a lot of time! Continue reading to learn more about what makes PixPlant stand apart.
Seamlessly Tiling Textures
PixPlant quickly creates seamless textures from photos. It is highly automated with most textures created in only a few clicks. Based on photos, PixPlant adds unlimited choice of realistic materials for your projects: pick an interesting photo, run PixPlant and get a perfect seamless 3D texture.
Extract 3D Maps from a Images
PixPlant includes tools to extract 3D maps from photos or from its own generated seamless tiling images. Displacement, Normal, Diffuse, Specular and Ambient Occlusion maps – all the extracted 3D maps can then be fine-tuned with the included editing tools.
3D Map Editing at Image and Pixel Level
Edit Displacement, Normal, Diffuse, Specular and AO maps at multiple scales. PixPlant includes tools for whole-surface editing at fine and coarse level, as well as pixel-level tools for specific precise adjustments. 3D map changes are instantly rendered in a 3D Preview with displacement and parallax-mapping, supporting your custom 3D models.
Where is PixPlant Being Used?
PixPlant is being used by well-known companies in many contexts where seamless 3D maps are important, like architectural and interior design, visual effects, 3D virtual prototyping and game development.
What’s New in PixPlant 3?
Version 3 of PixPlant includes many new features and improvements:
– Easy to use Seed Wizard in the Texture area simplifying seed image preparation.
– Revamped 3D preview area with new options, displacement rendering and custom model loading.
– Fully editable 3D maps with specific tools for each kind.
– Whole image/surface adjustments as well as pixel editors for image editing and displacement sculpting.
– Texture and 3D maps can now be edited in an external application with results returned to PixPlant.
– Ambient Occlusion rendering from a displacement map.
– PixPlant 3 includes project files, storing the open files and settings, so that you can return and continue work at any time.
– A “more modern” user interface with two skins.
– Many other improvements, optimizations and better stability. PixPlant remains DRM-Free: no activation or online connection is required to run PixPlant.
– New Parallel Synth feature allowing synchronized synthesis of multiple 3D maps. This feature can be used to make synchronized tiling versions of captured materials: for example captured normal, diffuse or specular maps can be made tileable while synchronized among themselves. Can also be used for other 3D map types which are not currently natively supported by PixPlant like roughness or metallic maps.
– Several minor fixes and improvements.