Postbox portable is a powerful application that aims to provide you with all the tools for keeping in touch with your friends and business partners. It can handle multiple email accounts and allows you to subscribe to RSS feeds in order to read the latest news. Take control of your day with Postbox’s clean and super-customizable interface. Make your email work for you, just the way you need it to.
New Features in Postbox 5:
A Fresh New Look (New!)
We’ve updated Postbox with new styling and High-DPI support on Windows.
Placeholders in Response Templates (New!)
Responses are pre-canned text/HTML snippets that can be reused within message replies. In Postbox 5, you can now add dynamic data fields to Responses and Templates. Placeholders automatically populate with data from the message itself –or– your own data through the custom fields you create. It’s very quick and intuitive to set these up, and once done, they can save you a ton of time!
70 Emails Every Business Needs (New!)
Responses with Placeholders are so powerful that we’re including 70 professionally written email responses that anyone can customize and use. You’ll receive emails for finding a job, hiring, making introductions, reaching out to investors, sales, and more.
Quick Post (New!)
Automate your world! Use Quick Post to more easily forward email content to hundreds of applications and services, like Evernote, Slack, Todoist and many more! Any service that can accept an email, or integration through Zapier or IFTTT. Best of all, Quick Post happens in the background, without the need for a compose window. You can even set your Filters to run Quick Post actions to create the ultimate workflow.
Image Scaling + Message Size Indicator (New!)
The Image Scaling feature in Postbox 5 resizes large inline images with just a few clicks. Select an image to be resized, then click on a resize icon to scale the image down. Deselect the resize icon to revert the image to its original size and resolution. What’s unique about the Postbox approach is that image scaling can be performed on a “per-image” basis, as opposed to the all or nothing approach found in some other email clients.
The message size indicator will display the total message size, including text and images. Since ISPs have size limits for messages sent through their servers (for example, Gmail places a 25MB limit), Postbox can be set to display a warning if you exceed a certain threshold.
To provide you with more privacy, Postbox 5 has a new “Anti-Tracking” feature that will alert you when tracking tools are used within a message. Use Anti-Tracking to prevent pesky salespeople from knowing if, and when, you open a message.
25 Professionally Designed Signature Templates (New!)
As an added bonus, Postbox now includes 25 professionally designed email signatures that will present you in the best light possible. We’ve included designs of all shapes, colors and sizes. Each signature is fully customizable, and contains all the code examples you need to make a lasting impression.
Global Filters & New Filtering Options (New!)
When you create a new filter in Postbox, you can set the filter to either run per account, or “globally” across all accounts.
International Character Input & Updated Translations (New!)
In Postbox 5, you can now press and hold any key to bring up a set of international characters for easy input. And we’ve updated all of our translations for German, French, Spanish (Spain), Italian, Dutch, Portuguese (Brazilian), Russian, and Swedish.
Other New Features…
– Improved Favorites Bar
– Drag and Drop move of Messages to Favorites Bar Folders
– Reordering of Favorites Bar Folders
– Highlight Search Scope in Favorites Bar
– New Storage Option for Topics, Signatures, Responses, and Address Book
– Auto-Image Rotation and New Image Picker
– New Importer for Local Mail Files
– Emoji Support & Updated Emoticons
What’s NEW v5.0.5
– For Quick Post, the send action type can now be explicitly set within the Quick Post editor
– You can now perform Address Books searches in the Compose Sidebar by navigating to Options (pc) or Preferences (mac) / Composition / Addressing, and then by selecting between Address Books or Recent Contacts
– Attachment area will now scroll when a high number of files are attached
– Local mail importer will now recursively walk through folders when no mail files are found at the root level
– Local mail importer will now ignore Account Groups in the Local Mail directories
– Made the application icon on macOS slightly smaller to match other circular icons and to address some rounding artifacts
– Added path for local folders to Configuration Data
– Fixed a crash that could occur when Quick Posting with attachments
– Updated some localizations based on user feedback
– Windows 7, 8, and 10
– Pentium 4 or newer processor that supports SSE2
– 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
– At least 200 MB of available space on your hard drive
– Postbox runs on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.