The R-Studio data recovery software was originally developed for use by data recovery experts, system administrators, IT professionals, and advanced and experienced computer users. Some of R-Studio’s features were even designed exclusively for computer forensic experts, and most R-Studio users don’t need every single feature of the software.
In addition to being a full-featured data recovery utility, R-Studio also includes:
• An advanced RAID reconstruction module
• A feature-rich text/hexadecimal editor
• An entire advanced disk copying/imaging module in one single piece of software, which makes R-Studio your ideal complete solution for creating a data recovery workstation.
R-Studio utilities recover files:
• Deleted without Recycle Bin, or when Recycle Bin has been emptied;
• Removed by virus attack or power failure;
• After the partition with the files was reformatted, even for different file system;
• When the partition structure on a hard disk was changed or damaged. In this case, R-Studio utilities can scan the hard disk trying to find previously existed partitions and recover files from found partitions.
• From hard disk with bad sectors. R-Studio Data Recovery Software can first copy the entire disk or its part into an image file and then process such image file. This is especially useful when new bad sectors are constantly appearing on the hard disk, and remaining information must be immediately saved.
R-Studio Data Recovery Features :
• Standard Windows Explorer – style interface.
• Host OS: Windows 2000, XP, 2003 Server, Vista, 2008 Server, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012.
• Data recovery over the Network. Files can be recovered on network computers running Win2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows Server 2012, Macintosh, Linux, and UNIX.
• Supported file systems: FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, exFAT, NTFS, NTFS5, ReFS (a new file system introduced in Windows 2012 Server), HFS/HFS+ (Macintosh), Little and Big Endian variants of UFS1/UFS2 (FreeBSD/OpenBSD/NetBSD/Solaris) and Ext2/Ext3/Ext4 FS (Linux).
# Scan for Known File Types (raw file recovery): if the disk file system is heavily damaged or unsupported, R-Studio searches for specific data patterns (“file signatures”) typical for certain file types (Microsoft Office documents, jpgs, etc.). Such known file types can be custom-defined.
• Recognition and parsing Dynamic (Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Win7), Basic(MBR) and BSD (UNIX) partitions layout schema and Apple partition map. Dynamic partitions over GPT are supported as well as dynamic partitions over MBR.
• Damaged RAID recovery. If the OS cannot recognize your RAID, you can create a virtual RAID from its components. Such virtual RAID can be processed like a real one.
• Creates IMAGE FILES for an entire Hard Disk, Partition or its part. Such image files can be compressed and split into several files to put it on CD/DVD/flash or FAT16/FAT32/exFAT. Then the image files can be processed like regular disks.
• Data recovery on damaged or deleted partitions, encrypted files (NTFS 5), alternative data streams (NTFS, NTFS 5).
• Recovering data if:
o FDISK or other disk utilities have been run;
o VIRUS has invaded; FAT is damaged; MBR is destroyed.
• Recognizes localized names.
• Recovered files can be saved on any (including network) disks accessible by the host operating system.
• File or disk content can be viewed and edited with the advanced hexadecimal editor. The editor supports NTFS file attribute editing.
• Integration with DeepSpar Disk Imager, a professional HDD imaging device specifically built for data recovery from hard drives with hardware issues. Such integration provides R-Studio with a low-level fine-tuned access to drives with a certain level of hardware malfunction. Moreover, it allows disk imaging and analyzing be performed simultaneously. That is, any sector R-Studio accesses on the source disk will be immediately cloned to a clone disk and any other data recovery operation will be made from that clone disk avoiding further deterioration of the source disk and great reduction in processing time.
New R-Studio features in version 7.x:
• Accelerated disk scan for fast-read devices.
• More reliable and significantly faster recognition of NTFS and FAT partitions.
• Search for deleted file versions. R-Studio can search for deleted file versions using their sizes, names and extensions, and recognized file types as the search parameters.
• Improved data selection in the Hexadecimal editor. Now the beginning and end of the area to be selected can be set by the “Select from” and “Select to” commands in the shortcut menu.
• Appending data to an existing file in the Hexadecimal editor. A file fragment selected in the editor can be appended to an existing file.
• An external file can be loaded to a selected position in the file opened in the Hexadecimal editor.
• Automatic support for Windows Storage Spaces (Windows 8/8.1 and 10) even with small database damage. They can be manually assembled if their databases are totally corrupted on some parents.
• Automatic support for software Mac RAIDs. Members with severe corrupted RAID parameter records can be added manually.
• Automatic support for Linux Logical Volume Manager (LVM/LVM2) even with slightly damaged RAID parameter records. Components with severe corrupted RAID parameter records can be added manually.
• Support for DiskSpar Disk Imager images and disk maps. R-Studio can read and process images and disk maps created by the DiskSpar Disk Imager without R-Studio.
• Automatic RAID parameter recognition.R-Studio can recognize all RAID parameters for RAID 5 and 6. This feature helps the user to solve one of the most difficult problems in RAID recovery.
• S.M.A.R.T. attribute monitoring. R-Studio can display S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) attributes for hard drives to show their hardware health and predict their possible failures. Any unnecessary work with such hard drives should be avoided if S.M.A.R.T. warnings appear.
• New GUI languages: Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Portuguese.
• Support for parity delays in all applicable RAID layouts.
• Enhanced parity delay controls.