Tails is a live system that aims to preserve your privacy and anonymity. It helps you to use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship almost anywhere you go and on any computer but leaving no trace unless you ask it to explicitly. It is a complete operating system designed to be used from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card independently of the computer’s original operating system. It is Free Software and based on Debian GNU/Linux.
Tails comes with several built-in applications pre-configured with security in mind: web browser, instant messaging client, email client, office suite, image and sound editor, etc.
Tails is a live operating system, that you can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card. It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity, and helps you to:
• use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship;
• all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network;
• leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly;
• use state-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
New in version 2.7.1
Upgrades and changes
- Upgrade Tor Browser to 6.0.7 (build3) based on Firefox 45.5.1.
- Upgrade gstreamer0.10-based packages to 0.10.31-3+nmu4+deb8u2.
- Upgrade imagemagick-based packages to 8:126.96.36.199-5+deb8u6.
- Upgrade libicu52 to 52.1-8+deb8u4.
- Upgrade vim-based packages to 2:7.4.488-7+deb8u1