Tails is a live system that aims to preserve your privacy and anonymity. It helps you to use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship almost anywhere you go and on any computer but leaving no trace unless you ask it to explicitly. It is a complete operating system designed to be used from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card independently of the computer’s original operating system.
Tails comes with several built-in applications pre-configured with security in mind: web browser, instant messaging client, email client, office suite, image and sound editor, etc.
Tails is a live operating system, that you can start on almost any computer from a DVD, USB stick, or SD card. It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity, and helps you to:
• use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship;
• all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network;
• leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly;
• use state-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.
New in version 3.2
- We added support for PPPoE and dial-up Internet connections.
- Please tell us if this still doesn’t work for you!
- We installed BookletImposer to convert linear PDF documents into booklets, and vice-versa.
- We added GNOME Screen Keyboard to replace Florence, the previous virtual keyboard, which had many issues
Upgrades and changes
- Upgrade Linux to 4.12.12. This should improve the support for newer hardware, especially NVIDIA Maxwell graphics card.
- Upgrade Thunderbird from 45.8 to 52.3.