Use your USB flash drive to transfer Windows installation packages from CD or DVD to use whenever a fresh setup of the operating system is required. WinToFlash portable accomplishes an amazing task: it extracts the contents of a Windows installation and transfers it on a bootable USB drive. It can be safely stated that this prolongs the life of your Windows package, seeing as compact discs are highly sensitive, whereas USB flash drives offer you more flexibility.
Keeps Windows installer packages safer
Traditionally, the original editions of Windows come on a CD and utmost care is required when handling the disc. Even the tiniest scratch could affect the integrity of the content and prevent you from running a successful installation.
For this reason, it is recommended that you have a backup of the package, preferably on a device that’s more reliable and less sensitive.
Support for most versions of Windows
This is where WinToFlash makes a difference. It seamlessly copies your Windows operating system from the CD or DVD to a USB flash drive. It features support for Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8 in all editions: Home, Professional, Media Center, Ultimate, etc.
Prerequisites are simple: you need a formatted USB flash drive (you can perform this operation from within the application) and the original Windows CD/DVD.
Provides a wizard to help you out
WinToFlash is very easy to use and doesn’t require any kind of installation. Simply run the executable file and configure the first-time wizard in the user interface.
After this step is complete, you are presented with two choices. The first one includes running a wizard that guides you through the process and requires fewer steps to be completed. Basically, user efforts are reduced to choosing the source CD/DVD and the output location.
Manage a series of thorough settings
The second one sports more advanced options, allowing you to accomplish more complex tasks, such as creating an emergency bootloader, a bootable MS-Dos drive or erasing a disk.
The read-only attribute can be removed from the files and you can also choose to collect system information, create a structure for folders, copy files, or check the USB drive for errors. Events can be viewed in the Service tab and multiple language packs are available. The creation of the bootable USB drive takes a decent amount of time and the result is truly satisfying.
All in all, WinToFlash seems to be a breakthrough on a market where Windows installations are mostly performed from a CD/DVD drive. It minimizes the chances of losing important data, making Windows editions last a life time. Furthermore, it supports multiboot, meaning that you can add as many bootable items to your USB drive as you deem necessary.
- Pull the contents of a Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/2012/8/10 install disc and prep the USB drive to become a bootable replacement
- Windows 32 bit and 64 bit full support
- Support all editions of Windows – Home, Professional, Media Center, Ultimate, etc.
- Transfer a Recovery CD or a tiny OS (BartPE based on Windows XP/2003, WinPE based on Windows Vista/2008/7/8/10) to a USB drive
- Wipe a USB media (destroy all data on it)
- Create a USB drive with emergency bootloader for Windows 2000/XP/2003
- Transfer MS-DOS to a USB drive
- Create a USB drive with Windows XP/2003 Recovery Console
- Format USB drive to FAT16 or FAT32
- Fine tune any option of FAT file system for better compatibility
- Fine tune any option of partitions table
- Select boot loader for a USB drive, like GRUB or Standard one
- Select partition type – CHS or LBA for better compatibility with some motherboards
- Create aswers file for Windows Setup. Add serial number, user name, etc.
- Windows Setup transfer process fine tune
- Check USB drive for file system errors after Windows Setup transfer process
- Fix some Windows Setup problems, like 0x6B BSOD
- AntiSMS function to fix boot blockers (send SMS to short number/buy something/etc. to unlock your PC problem) or viruses
- Tranfer profiles support – save your transfer options and load it at any time
- Windows serial number encryption in profile with password
- Detailed log file
- Updates reminder
- Easy to use classic interface, like ntbackup utility
- Wizard with only two options for quick Windows Setup transfer
- Multilanguage support
- Now includes free WinToFlash Suggestor
Available languages: Albanian, Bulgarian, Chinese, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovene, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian.
Whats New :
- Dramatically improved compatibility with Windows ISO images in the Multiboot mode. Now WinToFlash creates multiboot bootable USB from any Windows Setup ISO from Vista to 10 with any number of bootable WIM images in it
- Improved compatibility with modified Windows Setups in the Multiboot mode
- Fixed autoreboot problem in Windows Vista Setup on the multiboot bootable USB
- Added support for combined x86+x64 Windows 10 images from MediaCreationTool in the Singleboot and Wizard mode
- Tested under newest Windows core 10.0.16299
- Logging improved for better troubleshooting