Acronis True Image 2018 Build 12510 Multilanguage Boot ISO
Acronis, a global leader in hybrid cloud data protection for business and consumers, today introduced Acronis True Image 2018. The new release includes major updates the program’s backup and recovery capabilities, and is the first personal backup software to incorporate artificial intelligence-based technology designed to actively protect data against ransomware.
By combining the company’s artificial intelligence (AI) based ransomware defense, called Acronis Active Protection™, with a new generation of enhanced backup and recovery capabilities such as active disk cloning and automated WinPE boot media creation, Acronis True Image 2018 represents a new standard of “intelligent backup” for individuals, families and small businesses.
Reliable backup and recovery
During a survey of Acronis customers during July 2017, 95 percent of respondents said they choose and recommend Acronis True Image because the backups are so reliable. The 2018 release improves on those core backup and recovery capabilities even more, with enhancements such as:
- Active disk cloning: Users can create an exact replica of an active Windows system without stopping and restarting using bootable media, making migration to a faster or larger disk even easier.
- An updated media builder: Automatically creates boot media for a WinPE environment, so users can quickly resolve driver configuration issues and recover their systems to the same or new hardware.
- Continuous backup to the cloud: Users can update their backups as they work on files while securely storing an off-site version in the cloud.
- Virtual drive conversion: Users can test the recoverability of the full image backups, or run their system in a Hyper-V virtual environment to test various applications without risking the primary system, and move complete system image as a virtual drive to another computer.
- Faster incremental backups: Up to three-times faster with new Changed-Block Tracker technology that tracks image changes in real time.
- Automatic mobile backup to NAS devices: Morethana quarter of Acronis users have network-attached storage (NAS) at home. Now they don’t have to think about backing up a mobile device, since the process starts as soon as the mobile device connects to the same Wi-Fi as the NAS.
Acronis True Image 2018 also addresses the needs of the next generation of users by expanding its support for social media with automatic backups of Instagram accounts, including photos, comments and statistics, such as the number of likes, tags or comments a post gets.
New in Acronis True Image 2018:
New! Backup Statistics and Activity graphically represents content of a backup, provides statistics for backed-up file categories, such as documents, photos, videos, music, and others. Backup activity streams allow you to track history of backup operations starting from a backup creation, the operation statuses, and to analyze the statistics for successfully backed-up data.
Improved Media Builder to create WinPE media by using Windows Recovery Environment without downloading the additional component – Windows ADK or Windows AIK (up to 6 GB). You can customize your media in Advanced mode, or use the predetermined settings of Simple mode.
New! Active Protection Dashboard monitors how many potentially risky processes have been flagged, and the number of files duplicated in cache to protect them from the risky processes. The dashboard provides statistics for blocked, trusted processes and allows you to manage a permission list so your trusted applications could run as normal.
Improved Active Protection compatibility with Windows Defender and other third-party antivirus software.
Improved Clone disk utility – You can clone disk on an active Windows system without having to use bootable media. By using the volume shadow copy service (VSS), Acronis True Image allows you to create a snapshot of the active partition and boot from the new disk.
New! Conversion to Virtual Machine – Convert Acronis backup files to the Microsoft Virtual Hard Drive format to ensure the system will boot starting a virtual machine with Hyper-V. You can also mount a .vhd(x) file as a virtual hard drive.
New! Faster file and system recovery with the enabled WAN optimization option that increases download speed from Acronis Cloud data centers.
New! Faster Incremental Backup for disk and partition backups with Acronis Changed Block Tracker (CBT). The Volume Tracker reduces the amount of time taken to perform incremental or differential images by monitoring the changes to an image in real-time mode.
New! Laptop power setting allows you to pause backup while working on battery to save the battery power. The paused backups will continue automatically after connecting power adapter.
Usability and other improvements:
- Mobile devices are available in the backup source list.
- Access to backup shortcut menu with right-click.
- Progress bar was updated with application window blurring.
- Fixed issue with the search dialog that did not provide functionality of recovering several files from different
- backup versions.
- Fixed issue with possibility to move a backup from a password-protected network to a local drive or to another share.
- Backup to a DVD disk fails, if the ‘Validate backup when it is created’ option is activated.
- In bootable media environment disk restore from a backup split into several DVDs freezes at the ‘Recovering partition structure’ step.
- When adding the first part of a backup split into several DVDs, the error ‘Failed to add the backup to the backup list. The backup may be locked or corrupted.’ appears.
- Bootable media does not boot from a DVD if it was placed on this DVD during a backup with the ‘Place Acronis True Image on media’ option activated.