Portable Calibre 5.27.0 Multilanguage
Effortlessly keep your e-book library thoroughly organized with the help of this efficient and straightforward software solution.Calibre Portable is a powerful and easy to use e-book manager. Users say it’s outstanding and a must-have. It’ll allow you to do nearly everything and it takes things a step beyond normal e-book software.
It’s also completely free and open source and great for both casual users and computer experts. It is free, open source and cross-platform in design and works on Linux, OSX and Windows.Calibre is meant to be a complete e-library solution and thus includes, library management, format conversion, news feeds to ebook conversion as well as e-book reader sync features.
Calibre is an application that allows you to view, convert and organize e-books in a simple manner.
The user interface of the program is simple to use. You can add e-books (from a single or multiple directories) by using the file browser or the “drag and drop” function. You can also add books by entering their ISBN code.
In the tag browser you can sort e-books according to their author, language, series, format, publisher, rating, as well as news, tags and identifies.
So, you can download or edit metadata individually or in bulk, get covers, merge e-book records, convert e-books individually or in bulk (in the XML, CSV, EPUB, MOBI and other formats), as well as send e-books to devices.
You can also use the “Fetch news” feature to download news from websites and convert them into a preferred e-book format. It is possible to schedule news downloads, add a custom sources or download all scheduled news sources as well.
Calibre allows you to create libraries and toggle between them, as well as rename, delete, backup and restore libraries, connect to iTunes, start a content server, search and sort e-books, and more.
The program uses a high amount of system resources and contains a comprehensive help file. It didn’t freeze or crash during our tests. Calibre is easy to use and provides a great solution for viewing and organizing e-books in various formats.
- When adding markdown (.md) or textile (.textile) files that contain references to images, automatically add them as txtz with the images
- DOCX Output: Correctly convert soft hyphens in the input document to DOCX soft hyphens
- DOCX Input: Fix a bookmark at the end of a paragraph causing the bookmark at the start of the paragraph to be skipped
- Edit book: Spell check: Fix EPUB 3 nav document not being spell checked when not in the spine
- PDF Output: Fix a rare failure when the input document has a ToC item pointing to the last page
- Windows: Fix a regression in calibre 5 that caused drag and drop from WinZip to not work
- TXT Output: Fix a regression in calibre 5 that caused the max line length option to not work
- When auto converting added TXT files with image references to TXTZ use a full markdown parser to detect markdown images
New news sources
- The Week by Kovid Goyal
Improved news sources
- BBC News
- Foreign Affairs