DaVinci Resolve Portable is the world’s only solution that combines professional 8K editing, color correction, visual effects and audio post production all in one software tool! You can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio with a single click. DaVinci Resolve Studio is also the only solution designed for multi user collaboration so editors, assistants, colorists, VFX artists and sound designers can all work live on the same project at the same time! Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a large collaborative team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and finishing on more Hollywood feature films, television shows and commercials than any other software.
DaVinci Resolve Portable features a revolutionary new cut page specifically designed for editors that need to work quickly and on tight deadlines! The new DaVinci Neural Engine uses machine learning to enable powerful new features such as facial recognition, speed warp and more. Adjustment clips let you apply effects and grades to clips on the timeline below, quick export can be used to upload projects to YouTube and Vimeo from anywhere in the application, and new GPU accelerated scopes provide more technical monitoring options than before. Plus, Fusion is dramatically faster and Fairlight adds immersive 3D audio. DaVinci Resolve Portable is a massive release with hundreds of features customers have asked for!
Introducing the Cut Page!
Designed specifically for editors working on high end fast turn around work such as television commercials and even news cutting, the cut page is all about speed. It’s an alternate edit page with a streamlined interface and revolutionary new tools that will help you work faster than ever. The cut page lets you import, edit, trim, add transitions, titles, automatically match color, mix audio and more. Whether you’re delivering for broadcast or for YouTube, the cut page has everything you need to get the job done, all in one place. Plus, the regular edit page is still available so you can switch between edit and cut pages to change editing style right in the middle of a job.
What’s New in DaVinci Resolve 17:
DaVinci Resolve 17 features new image processing for the latest wide gamut HDR, a powerful audio engine, immersive 3D audio workflows and more! Colorists get new HDR grading tools, AI based magic mask and more. Fairlight upgrades mouse and keyboard based edit selection tools along with Fairlight audio core, a high performance audio engine that supports 2,000 tracks on a single system! Editors get a new metadata based “slate” view with bin dividers to organize and find footage faster, zoomed waveforms for audio editing, smart reframing, proxies, live effect previews and more. In addition, effects, titles or transitions created on the Fusion page can be used on the edit and cut pages!
All In One Solution for Post Production
DaVinci Resolve is divided into “pages,” each of which gives you a dedicated workspace and tools for a specific task. Editing is done on the cut and edit pages, visual effects and motion graphics on the Fusion page, color correction on the color page, audio on the Fairlight page, and media organization and output on the media and deliver pages. All it takes is a single click to switch between tasks!
Color – Hollywood’s favorite color corrector!
The DaVinci Resolve color page is Hollywood’s most advanced color corrector and has been used to color and finish more high end feature films and television shows than any other system! It’s also approachable with exciting new features designed to make it easier for new users to get great results while they continue to learn the advanced tools. For example, new primary control sliders will be familiar to anyone that’s used image editing software, making it easy to adjust contrast, temperature, midtone detail, saturation and more. The color page has an incredible range of primary and secondary color grading features including PowerWindows™, qualifiers, tracking, advanced HDR grading tools and more!
Media and Delivery – Incredibly wide format support, finishing and mastering!
The media and delivery pages have everything you need to import, manage and deliver final projects. While you can import and organize footage into bins on both the cut and edit pages, the media page gives you a dedicated full screen workspace so you can focus on preparing footage, syncing clips, organizing footage into bins and adding metadata before you start editing. The media page also lets you clone camera media cards for backup purposes. The quick export tool lets you output and upload files to YouTube, Vimeo and Twitter from anywhere in the software, but the deliver page gives you total control over all encoding options and formats, along with a render queue for exporting multiple jobs!
DaVinci Resolve Studio 17 features over 100 GPU and CPU accelerated Resolve FX in categories such as blurs, light effects, noise, image restoration, beauty enhancement, stylize and more! Version 17 adds 11 new plugins for texture pop, detail recovery, creating video collages, 3D keyer, HSL keyer, luma keyer, smear, motion trails, noise reduction, image transforms and false color. The video collage plug-in is perfect for picture in picture zoom style videos, virtual choirs and more! There are also improvements to the object removal, dead pixel fixer, dust buster, blur and film grain plug‑ins. All Resolve FX can be animated using the new unified inspector on the cut, edit and Fusion pages!
DaVinci Resolve Color Panels
DaVinci Resolve color panels let you adjust multiple parameters at once so you can create unique looks that are impossible with a mouse and keyboard. The incredibly small DaVinci Resolve Micro Panel is great for new colorists just getting started or anyone that needs a portable panel. It features three high quality trackballs, knobs for primary adjustment controls and buttons for playback and navigation. The DaVinci Resolve Mini Panel features additional controls and screens for accessing virtually all palettes and tools. For the ultimate in control, the DaVinci Resolve Advanced Panel gives high end professional colorists access to every single feature and command mapped to a specific button!
What’s New in DaVinci Resolve Portable:
• Improved thru-latency and adjustable processing/input buffers.
• Improved export clips dialog with naming, metadata and format control.
• Edit selections in the timeline can now be nudged.
• In-Out ranges can be cleared and navigated to in the timeline.
• Timeline clips can be selected from the Fairlight edit index.
• Improved context-based defaults when adding new audio tracks.
• Improved Fairlight timeline ruler resolution.
• Gain curves show tooltip values when selected.
• Changing clip gain under an edit selection now adds bounded keyframes.
• Timeline clip names and gain curves can now be hidden.
• New timeline scroll options during playback – fixed, page and none.
• Buses can be reordered by dragging in the track index.
• Bus delay compensation can now be bypassed in the track index.
• Multiple selected tracks can now be deleted from context menu.
• New audio I/O preference options with support for separate I/O selections.
• Support for a wider range of Windows native audio devices.
• Support for multichannel I/O on Windows using Steinberg ASIO.
• Native Linux audio recording support using ALSA inputs.
• Improved mixdown support for LRC, 5.0 and 7.0 track formats.
• Improved edit, nudge and fade behavior for linked clips.
• Modify track and mixer parameters on all or selected tracks with modifiers.
• Pan, EQ and dynamics control dialogs accessible from Fairlight consoles.
• User configurable default grid size for Color Warper.
• User configurable default zone preset for HDR color controls.
• Active playheads can be switched by clicking on the split screen viewer.
• New anamorphic aperture controls for Resolve FX Aperture Diffraction.
• New shapes and finer mosaic control for Resolve FX Mosaic Blur.
• New rotation controls for Resolve FX Keyer garbage mattes.
• New sat and gamma controls and faster performance for Resolve FX Glow.
• List views in the media pool can be sorted from column selection.
• New badge to easily identify still clips on the timeline.
• Improved sync bin to ignore still images placed on top in the timeline.
• Edits from subclips can now be match-framed to original media.
• Shape and iris transitions can be rotated from the inspector.
• Play around selection now works with transition selections.
• Newly added subtitles retain playhead position to allow text preview.
• Compound clip instances in the timeline can be renamed.
• Fusion compositions can be renamed from the inspector panel.
• Options to name and use full clip extents when creating a subclip.
• Timelines and clips in smart bins can be duplicated from context menu.
• Improved context menus with quick actions for tabbed timelines.
• Timeline viewer overlays are now retained during playback.
• Media pool marker lists can be expanded using cursor keys.
• New badge to easily identify still clips on the timeline.
• Improved offset tooltips and thumbnails for mouse drags in the timeline.
• DRFX bundles can be double-clicked to install on Windows and Linux.
• Support for viewing node type by holding Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-E.
Codecs & Deliver
• Support for audio encoding in the encoder plugin SDK.
• Optimized H.265 encodes for speed on Apple Silicon systems.
• Hardware accelerated AVC Intra decodes for on Apple Silicon.
• Support for decoding and encoding JPEG-HT .JPH image sequences.
• Support for decoding 12-bit DPX formats.
• Support for decoding AV1 clips on Mac OS and Linux.
• Hardware accelerated AV1 decodes on NVIDIA graphics in Linux.
• Hardware accelerated H.265 10-bit encode on AMD graphics on Windows.
• Hardware accelerated H.264 4:4:4 8-bit encodes in NVIDIA on Windows.
• Improved H.264 and H.265 decode performance in Windows Intel systems.
• Support for decoding MKV clips with VP9 video codecs.
• Support for DFXP sidecar export options for DCP renders.
• Improved decode performance for MKV clips with AAC and AC3 audio.
• Support for encoding ISDCF compliant audio channels for DCP packages.
• Support for embedding MPEG2 bitstream captions in XDCAM clips.
• Improved startup speeds for disk databases with many projects.
• Support for simplified database creation and connection process.
• AAF imports now support translation of simple nested clips.
• Resolve FX Motion Blur for dedicated motion effects across pages.
• Resolve FX Frame Replace to reuse or blend adjacent frames on artefacts.
• Multiple keyboards and speed editors can now be connected and used.
• JKL playback with stop and go to last position now works correctly.
• Timelines can be located in media pool from smart bin context menu.
• Media, inspector and other panels can be scrolled by holding middle click.
• Scripting API support for Gallery, Gallery Album and GalleryStill objects.
• Scripting API support for adding video or audio-only clips to the timeline.
• Addressed PostgreSQL installation issues on some Windows systems.
• General performance and stability improvements.