Portable EmEditor Professional 20.8 Multilanguage
Created as an intricate word processing application for truly experienced PC users, EmEditor Professional seems to have everything it needs to compete with other tools in its category.
It feels light, it’s very fast, and it has minimal impact on computer performance. However, the true attraction lies in its comprehensive set of features and customization preferences dedicated to text editing.
Customizable setup and interface
Setting up EmEditor takes little time, and you are given the possibility to customize components from the get-go. For example, you can exclude languages and plugins.
The program’s wrapped in a clean and intuitive interface, which consists of a large window that has all options neatly arranged in different menus, for text editing, search and replace functions, the viewing mode, document comparison, macro recording, tools, and window options.
Encoding support and fullscreen mode
EmEditor allows you to open very large files which are usually unsupported by common word processors. Moreover, it features full Unicode support and lets you switch to full screen mode. All clips are automatically recorded to history, so you can later examine and reuse them.
It’s possible to search and replace keywords within the same document or across multiple files in a specified directory, and the application lets you apply a wide range of advanced filters in this regard. Furthermore, you can compare two documents by placing them next to each other, as well as enable synchronized scrolling. A spellchecker can be enabled and personalized.
Syntax highlights and code snippets
You can record macros with mouse movements and key presses and play them for repetitive tasks that don’t require your intervention, load plugins, create shortcuts to launch external programs without leaving EmEditor’s interface, as well as activate word completion mode. These are just part of the features provided by this utility.
– Support for file sizes up to 248 GB
– Edit binary files
– Optimized search and relocation
– Improved design plug-ins
– Ability to display panel functions
– Optimized speed when each row has a greater length
– Auto-panning by clicking the mouse wheel
– Supports Drag and drop
– Specify the temporary folder in the program settings
– Import INI files in the registry
– User-friendly interface with customizable toolbar
EmEditor Professional Features List:
– Large File Support
– Unicode Support
– Vertical Selection Editing
– Tabbed Windows, Drag and Drop
– Lightweight Design
– Regular Expressions
– Binary Editing
– Crash Recovery
– Grab Text
- Fixed a pre-v20.7 bug of a potential crash while opening a file in Binary (Hexadecimal View) and with DirectWrite.
- Fixed a pre-v20.7 issue where the Ctrl+Wheel rotation direction in Print Preview was opposite.
- Fixed a pre-v20.7 potential crash in Minimap.
- Fixed a pre-v20.7 potential crash in DirectWrite mode.
- Fixed a pre-v20.7 CSV separator counting issue.
- Fixed customer reported issues (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6).