QTranslate is a free translator for Windows (Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP/2008 Server/2003 Server). With this small utility, you simply select the text you want to translate and then press hot key (Ctrl+Q to show translation in the popup window or Double Ctrl click to show the translation in the main window). The program also has the ability to speak text (Ctrl+E) and perform a dictionary search (Ctrl+Alt+Q). Also, you can open the main window and type text manually.
If you’re not a native English speaker or often work with foreign languages, then a little help could come in handy. QTranslate is a small utility that can be of great help.
The program has a simple interface that should be quite easy to figure out, thanks to the intuitive layout.
Thus, whenever you want to know what a certain phrase means, you can use one of the available services, such as Google Translate, Microsoft Translator, Prompt, Babylon, SDL or Yandex.
You can insert text in the app by copying it into the upper field of the interface. The program can automatically detect the language used and translate it to a user-defined language
Alternatively, you can select a text from any program and press a key combination (Ctrl + Q) to show the translation in the popup window, or to display it in the main window (Ctrl + W). These shortcuts can be modified from the program’s Options area.
QTranslate also comes with an integrated dictionary that lets you view extensive definitions for any word you want to look for.
Furthermore, the program can spell check the text as you type it down. Also, it comes with a virtual keyboard that lets you input any words straight from the screen of your computer, thus bypassing any keyloggers.
You may define the default auto-detect languages by filling in those you use most. A history log may be accessed at any time.
The current version supports the following translation services:
- Google Translate
- Bing Translator
- SDL FreeTranslation.com
The program has two modes of translation by mouse selection (click on the program icon in the system tray to turn this mode on):
- Show icon (Select text in any program, the program icon will appear near the cursor. Click on the icon, the popup window with the translation of the selected text will appear);
- Show translation (Select text in any program and the popup window with the translation of the selected text will appear immediately).
The main features:
- Translate text in any application that supports text selection (Google Chrome, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Acrobat Reader, Skype, IE and etc.);
- Search in online dictionaries;
- Back translation;
- Replace the selected text with its translation;
- Instant translation;
- Spell checking;
- Text to speech synthesis;
- Word suggestion/autocomplete;
- History of translations;
- Virtual keyboard.
- New: Bengali, Tatar languages
- Fixed: Microsoft service