Portable StarStrider 2.8.7
StarStrider is a software planetarium, a virtual space-ship, an advanced 3D star chart, a solar system simulator, and more… It is both fun and educative, it is pure beauty and it’s scientifically accurate. It is our hope that it will not only give you a glimpse at the wonders of the universe, but that it will also inspire you with some of the awe that we feel for the universe.
- Contains the full Hipparcos database of 118 218 stars – plus an optional database of 2 million more stars – with true 3D-positions.
- Several star rendering modes – from simple points to Saturated Gauss bells with diffraction crosses.
- Visible extent when you get close to a star.
- Optional visual effects such as lens flares, camera burn-out, et c.
- Just double-click on a star to travel to it.
- Windows 10/ 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- DirectX libraries from June 2010 or later (not needed in Windows 10)
- Graphics card compatible with DirectX 9 (all are these days)
- CPU with SSE2 support (i.e. anything from the last decade)
- Anaglyph 3D glasses.
- AMD HD3D compatible graphics card + 3D TV or 3D projector with HDMI 1.4.
- Xbox 360 controller or a joystick.
- Side-by-side 3D modes are now properly supported. This should work with most brands of 3D displays, though you normally have to manually enable it on the display. Note that the effective resolution is halved though, which is why…
- AMD HD3D is now supported for full-resolution, full-colour stereo 3D (NB; this requires an AMD graphics card and an HDMI 1.4 compatible 3D TV or 3D projector).
- Minimum requirements now include a CPU with SSE2 instruction support (i.e. any x86 CPU from the last decade).