Portable VueScan Pro 9.7.65 + OCR Multilanguage
VueScan Portable is a powerful scanning application that allows you to acquire high-quality images using a flatbed or film scanner. If you are not satisfied with the software delivered by the scanner vendor or if you want to improve it with new functions you should try this program.
Tweak basic options and export them
The application provides the basic functions of a scanner software allowing you to change the scanning parameters such as the transparency, the resolution and the output file. You can customize the options and save them to a file that can be quickly loaded for certain media types.
Crop images in different ways and customize picture color
Before scanning the image you can preview the original and crop the part that interests you the most. You can use one of the presets available in the program (the most commonly used photo images such as 3×5 inches or 6×9 centimeters). For bigger images you can choose multiple crop that allows you to split the image into more parts.
It is also possible to use the application to adjust the colors of the image before scanning. The program offers the option to change the color balance of the image depending on the light source or the environment of the photo. You can choose from one of the presets (fluorescent, incandescent or natural light) or manually change the brightness of every individual color (RGB).
Supported formats and clear-cut GUI
The output image can be saved as TIFF, JPG or PDF and the properties of the file can be customized at will. For instance for a PDF file you can select the name, the compression, the paper size and you can create a multiple page document for the batch scanning jobs.
The interface comes with two display modes: simple for the average user and advanced for those who want to view all the options available in the program. This makes VueScan Portable an easy to use program for every computer user.
- Whether you need to scan a single page or a hundred page book, VueScan has the tools to help you.
- Scan with Flatbed and Automatic Document Feeders (ADF)
- Scan to PDF (Single and Multipage)
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR)
- Automatic Color Detection
- Small document file sizes
- Automatic document deskewing
Do you have a box full of photos in your drawer? Use VueScan to get them on your computer, and off your to-do list.
Scan to JPG or TIFF
Whether you’re saving a few snapshots or archiving boxes of prints, VueScan Portable has the tools you need to output your scans at either the highest possible quality or a large number of good quality scans.
Scan with Flatbed and Automatic Document Feeders (ADF)
VueScan supports over 3000+ different scanners from 35 manufacturers, even scanners that don’t have drivers from their manufacturers anymore.
Preset photo sizes for faster scans
VueScan Portable improves one of the slowest parts about scanning by scanning only the part of the flatbed where your photo is. So you can spend less time scanning, and more time enjoying your photos.
Scan multiple photos on the flatbed
Scanning multiple photos with VueScan is very simple. Just put them in the corners of the flatbed, do a preview, and manually crop each of the photos without needing to do another scan.
Automatic file naming for faster scans
Don’t waste time manually naming every photo, use VueScan’s auto naming feature to include dates, numbers, or other prefixes and suffixes in your file names.
Remove fading and correct colors
Stay out of Photoshop and save the best version possible of your photos with VueScan’s built in features to remove fading, and correct colors.
Scan Film and Slides
- VueScan Portable is the ultimate tool for all your film and slide scanning needs.
- Works with almost all film/slide scanners
- Scan to JPEG/TIFF/RAW
- Infrared Dust Removal
- Color correction
- IT8 Calibration
- Photoshop Integration
- Added support for rotating pages with right-click on thumbnail
- Support multi-page thumbnails for PDF, TIFF and JPEG files
- Faster loading of thumbnails
- Added PDF menu in menu bar
- Right-click on thumbnails supports all languages
- Fixed problem with thumbnails when changing language
- Fixed problems with crashes when producing thumbnails
- Reduced file size when ‘Input | Media’ is set to ‘Color text’
- Reduces file size between 3x and 5x
- Works the same as “Line art” in older versions of VueScan
- Only 8 colors stored in file
- Can use ‘Color | Threshold’ to adjust colors
- Can duplicate previous functionality with color scans using ‘Filter | Flatten’
- More types of PDF files work with thumbnails
- Right-clicking thumbnails display options available for that file type
- Fixed a number of thumbnail bugs
- When some options change, ‘Save’ and ‘Save+’ buttons reappear
- Added support multi-page PDF, TIFF and JPEG thumbnails
- Displays thumbnail for each page on right side of window
- Can drag pages to new location to rearrange pages
- Displayed when ‘Output | XXX multi page’ option is turned on
- Right click options for PDF and TIFF files:
- Delete all
- Swap even/odd
- Added support for reading some PDF files with ‘Input | Source’ set to “File”
- Added support for Fujitsu fi-7300NX
- Added support for transparency scans on Canon LiDE 700F on Windows
- Fixed problem with Brother MFC-9970CDW
- Fixed problem with some Canon DR-series scanners