Portable WebSite-Watcher 2019 v19.0 Business Edition Multilanguage
WebSite-Watcher is a powerful yet simple website monitoring tool. It automatically checks web pages for updates and changes. Automate your daily routine, boost your productivity!
WebSite-Watcher is a comprehensive application that enables users to organize a list of favorite websites and track all changes. It can also be installed on USB flask drives for portability.
Although not particularly intuitive, the interface is user-friendly and lets you organize multiple bookmarks into lists. When adding a new website, whether it requires login credentials or not, you can specify the type between webpage, forum, and RSS/Atom-feed. Alternatively, you can use predefined plugins to check a page.
As far as bookmark properties go, you can edit the name and URL, insert an alternative URL for checking, import properties from another bookmark, as well as use a filter assistant or test filters yourself by comparing the current and previous version (with HTML tag highlights).
In addition, you can create a list of keywords to highlight in the page, enable auto-watch, set alerts on initialization, changes and/or errors, choose the method for checking web pages (e.g. screenshot), as well as run additional actions when an update is detected (e.g. play sound, open page, send email, run program, mark as read).
Advanced users may configure time settings, the highlight method and plugins, merge pages, follow links, ignore updates through a whitelist or blacklist, and more.
The bookmark file may be protected with a password. It is possible to optimize or repair the database, or re-create it from cache, minimize WebSite-Watcher to the system tray area, create news groups, locate duplicate bookmarks, import and export bookmarks (e.g. ZIP, CSV), synchronize two items, use a backup and restore service, as well as edit scripts, to name just a few.
WebSite-Watcher supports multiple languages and hotkeys that can be reconfigured. It has a good refresh rate and performs smoothly, without causing any issues to the OS. To sum it up, WebSite-Watcher supplies users with a wide array of features and settings for monitoring their favorite websites with ease.
- [+] New check technology: Chromium/Browser – This technology opens a hidden Chromium based browser window to check a bookmark. If the other check technologies fail, chances are high that the page can be checked with this new method. (Please note that this new technique requires Windows 7 64 bit or higher. It is not available on Windows XP or 32 bit systems).
- [+] Check-by-Screenshot: Area can be selected interactively with the mouse. This makes it super easy to select the area you want to monitor.
- [x] Check-by-Screenshot method improved
- [+] Facebook Groups can be checked via RSS feeds.
- [x] Facebook/Twitter/Instagram: RSS conversion improved
- [x] Huge performance improvements when monitoring and processing larger web pages. This improvement also affect smaller pages but is less noticeable.
- [x] Performance when creating Dropbox cache files for the WebSite-Watcher App significantly improved
- [+] New option “Prompt before stopping AutoWatch”. This option is disabled by default and can be enabled in “Program configuration + Advanced + Messages”.
- [x] Improved detection of IFRAMES when using the check technology “Internet Explorer/Browser”
- [x] Improved handling of IFRAMES
- [+] Bookmark properties + Troubleshooting: New option to extract link URLs
- [+] Bookmark properties + Troubleshooting: New option to extract image URLs
- [x] Bookmark properties + Convert to simple HTML version: WebSite-Watcher tries to keep tables
- [x] Improved support for images which are loaded dynamically when opening a page
- [x] If PDF files could not be accessed with the default checking method, chances are high that they work with the Chromium method
- [x] Bookmarks which are checked with the screenshot method are sent correctly to the Website-Watcher App
- [x] Internal improvements when sending e-mails
- [–] AutoWatch: the option “Automatic time configuration” has been removed. If you have used this option, then you probably you have to re-define the check interval.
- [–] Manual check time settings: the option “Automatic time configuration” has been removed.
- Smaller improvements and fixes