The 3-Heights™ PDF Analysis & Repair component detects and repairs corrupted PDF documents in automated processing procedures. It repairs defective or illegible PDF documents or restores them as far as possible.
Incorrect PDF creation or manipulation, faulty FTP transfers, system crashes during creation, network interruptions or incomplete copying can all render PDF documents illegible.
This can result in the loss of important data and, as a consequence, the loss of information or production downtimes.
The 3-Heights™ PDF Analysis & Repair component analyses PDF documents with regard to PDF specifications and repairs them where indicated. It extracts legible content such as images or page fragments from irreparable documents and saves the data as a new document.
Properties and benefits
Firstly, 3-Heights™ PDF Analysis & Repair restores files that do not meet PDF specifications. Secondly, it can read out elements such as pages or images from illegible PDF documents and save them as a new document.
The 3-Heights™ PDF Analysis & Repair tool guarantees the quality and legibility of PDF documents in all business processes. The component is characterized by its high speed, comprehensive mechanisms for analysis and repair and its suitability for a variety of operating systems.
• High sensitivity in corruption detection
• Comprehensive repair functions
• Restoration of available data from illegible documents
• High restoration speed
• Definition of customized repair profiles for different output documents
• Platform independent
• New support for reading and writing PDF2.0 documents.
• New support for the creation of output files larger than 10GB (not PDF/A-1).
• New treatment of the DocumentID. In contrast to the InstanceID the DocumentID of the output documentis inherited from the input document.