Portable dtSearch Desktop 7.94.8612
DtSearch Desktop provides instant searching of desktop-accessible files. dtSearch can instantly search terabytes of text because it builds a search index that stores the location of words in documents. Indexing is easy – simply select folders or entire drives to index and dtSearch does the rest. Once dtSearch has built an index, it can automatically update it using the Windows Task Scheduler to reflect additions, deletions and modifications to your document collection. Updating an index is even faster, since dtSearch will check each file, and only reindex files that have been added or changed.
The dtSearch indexer automatically recognizes and supports all popular file formats, and never alters original files. The dtSearch product line can instantly search terabytes of text across a desktop, network, Internet or Intranet site. dtSearch products also serve as tools for publishing, with instant text searching, large document collections to Web sites or CD/DVDs.
• A scrolling word list, for instant feedback as you type in a search.
• A look-up word feature, detailing the effect of fuzzy, phonic, wildcard, stemming and thesaurus search options.
• Browse and customize thesaurus options.
• A field button, showing all indexed document fields.
• A search history display.
• Search reports, showing hits in retrieved documents, along with the requested amount of context.
• Clipboard options, file launching, and other tools for working with retrieved data.
• Exporting of search results in various data formats, for easy use with other programs.
• Special forensic indexing and searching tools
- Fixed: Intermittent crash when generating search reports (build 8596)
- Fixed bugs in the new ICU-based Unicode processing including word breaking error affecting Katakana Half-width characters U+FF60-FF9F, U+2103 degrees Celsius and U+2109 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Fixed: Crash indexing corrupt PowerPoint file due to read past end of buffer
- Fixed: Indexing bug affecting the new accent-optional index type with the “hyphen all three” option set.
- Fixed: 16-byte memory leak each time ICU-based automatic encoding detection is done for a file with ambiguous encoding information during indexing or file conversion, potentially causing out-of-memory errors indexing very large document collections with the 32-bit indexer
- Fixed: Error compiling dtSearchNetApi4 sample code
- Other bug fixes