Portable Video Thumbnails Maker Platinum 188.8.131.52
Video Thumbnails Maker Portable allows you to make thumbnails (caps, previews, screen-lists) and screenshots of video files. The utility can be used for home-video cataloging and for network video sharing support. Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile or Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0+ is required to run the application.
The tool consists of:
Video Thumbnails Maker = MAKER
Pictures Thumbnails Viewer = VIEWER
The main advantage of the VIEWER is the ability to start related video-file right from a thumbnail sheet.
Moreover, you can start the video from the moment from which the thumbnail shot has been taken!
VTX picture files are required to be generated.
MAKER’s Key Features:
A thumbnail sheet is generated from a so called “set” of files (pictures from a separate folder or an archive); for instance, if you add a folder with 3 zip-archives and 8 separate pictures in it – 4 sheets will be created (3 for archives and 1 for 8 separate pictures)
Plenty of options and special effects; momentary rendered visual preview of your settings right in the Options window
5 customizable “base”-presets; special (non-“MxN”) matrices with big tiles
You can generate GIF-animations and HTML Galleries automatically using separate tiles of your sheets
Batch processing; you can pause/continue or stop active job at any moment
Options preset file format (*.ptm). After you run a preset, the program is automatically opened with the imported tuning
Command Line Interface (CLI, works only in activated version)
Zip, 7z and Rar archives are fully supported by the MAKER
VIEWER’s Key Features:
Zip and 7z archives are fully transparent to the program; you can manage a picture without worrying about its actual location; if a pictures is situated in a Zip or 7z archive the program will update the archive automatically
Rar archives are partly transparent to the VIEWER (automatic unpacking only); that means you can still navigate through pictures in Rar archives, but you can not delete/rename files in such archives (RAR license restriction)
*.ptx is a special “thumbnail gallery” or “sheet of thumbnails” file format; it is used by Pictures Thumbnails Viewer; a file with .ptx extension could be easily opened by double clicking on it in any file manager
*.vtx files are supported (that files are produced by Video Thumbnails Maker); the VIEWER allows you to start the video from its thumbnail sheet
Pictures Thumbnails Viewer keeps history of your navigation through thumbnail sheets; so you can “jump back and back” using Escape or Backspace keys
You can substitute any part of your thumbnail sheet right from the viewer as well as regenerate the entire sheet
Detailed picture info appears when moving the mouse cursor to the right screen border (somewhere at the middle point)
Key Features of The Program:
English, Russian, German and French interface languages.
Small size of the program.
- 3 new animation formats are added: MP4 (H.264 (AVC), H.265 (HEVC)) and OGV (Theora). Please refer to the table below for details (click to view full size image).
- You can create H.264/H.265/OGV animations using VTM right from Videonizer 6 or higher.
- You can use “Choose shots manually” interface to select which frames are to be used as a starting point for animation sections. So you can create any animation you want. You can use right mouse button on already selected frame to set the duration of the section. Sections are animated in order of appearance in “Choose shots manually”. To discard the section from the animation just select “Not animate” in Tile context menu.
- You can also set the default duration for all futher frames snapped in “Choose shots manually” interface using special new button right below the “Snap” button.
- 6 new tags are added to Options for the Comment. They are: [NAME] (Filename), [SIZE] (Filesize), [DUR] (Duration), [WxH] (Resolution), [FPS] (Framerate), [AUDIO] (the number of audio streams and channels).
- *.OGV checkbox is added to Settings -> “Add files with the following extensions”.