Portable ASCOMP BackUp Maker Pro 8.011 Multilingual
As the name implies, BackUp Maker Portable is a software tool developed to create backup copies of important files, folders, CDs and DVDs, among others. It addresses both beginner and power users.The interface of the application is made from a standard window with a wizard-like layout, so navigating through its steps should be easy enough.
You can create a new backup job by selecting libraries, bookmarks and emails, as well as custom locations on your hard drive. It is also possible to create an inclusion or exclusion list, establish the maximum file size and to schedule automatic backup procedures on a system event (e.g. Windows startup or logoff, USB detection) and at a specific time.
Furthermore, you can let BackUp Maker resume backup updates if these are not possible at the mentioned time, create either a full or partial backup and customize settings (e.g. since the last full backup), as well as establish the total full and partial backup instances, assign passwords, and choose the split type.
The output files can be saved to a local destination, on a CD or DVD, or uploaded via FTP. In the wizard’s last step, it is possible to assign key combinations and write the backup name and belonging group (in case you manage multiple backups). Restoration can be seamlessly done in just a few steps.
The feature-packed program is low-demanding regarding system resources, has a good response time and swiftly finishes a backup or restore job, without causing the operating system to freeze, crash or pop up error notifications; we have not encountered any problems throughout our testing.
There’s also a complete user manual available. All in all, BackUp Maker should be able to meet most of your data backup necessities, whether you’re experienced with this type of software or not.
- Protect backups with passwords (PkZip v2.0)
- Encrypt backups with AES 256-Bit
- Burn backups onto CD/DVD without the need of external drivers
- DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, DVD+R Dual Layer, DVD-RAM, Blu-Ray
- Upload to internet servers using ftp connections
- Resume cancelled backup uploads
- Backup of files changed since last partial or full backup
- Combine execution of full backups and partial backups
- Creation of several backup generations/instances
- Execute backup when Windows starts/logs off
- Execute file or system operations before/after backup
- Restore without the need of other software