Portable 7-Zip 18.06 Final Multilanguage
7-Zip is a file archiver with a high compression ratio. Usually, 7-Zip compresses to 7z format 30-70% better than to zip format. High compression ratio in new 7z format with LZMA compression. Supported formats – Packing / unpacking: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR. Unpacking only: 7z, ZIP, RAR, GZIP, GZ, BZIP2, BZ2, TAR, CAB, ISO, ARJ, LZH, LHA, CHM, MSI, WIM, Z, CPIO, RPM, DEB, CPIO, DMG, FAT, HFS, LZMA, NTFS, SPLIT, SWM, TAZ, TBZ, TBZ2, TGZ, TPZ, VHD, XAR, XZ, Z and NSIS. For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip. Self-extracting capability for 7z format. Integration with Windows Shell. Powerful File Manager. Localizations for 70 languages.
The main features of 7-Zip:
- High compression ratio in 7z format with LZMA and LZMA2 compression
- Supported formats:
- Packing / unpacking: 7z, XZ, BZIP2, GZIP, TAR, ZIP and WIM
- Unpacking only: AR, ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, CramFS, DMG, EXT, FAT, GPT, HFS, IHEX, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MBR, MSI, NSIS, NTFS, QCOW2, RAR, RPM, SquashFS, UDF, UEFI, VDI, VHD, VMDK, WIM, XAR and Z.
- For ZIP and GZIP formats, 7-Zip provides a compression ratio that is 2-10 % better than the ratio provided by PKZip and WinZip
- Strong AES-256 encryption in 7z and ZIP formats
- Self-extracting capability for 7z format
- Integration with Windows Shell
- Powerful File Manager
- Powerful command line version
- Plugin for FAR Manager
- Localizations for 87 languages
- 7-Zip works in Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP / 2012 / 2008 / 2003 / 2000 / NT. There is a port of the command line version to Linux/Unix.
7z has an open architecture, so it can support any new compression method, too. The following methods currently are integrated into 7z:
- LZMA – Improved and optimized version of LZ77 algorithm
- PPMD – Dmitry Shkarin’s PPMdH with small changes
- BCJ – Converter for 32-bit x86 executables
- BCJ2 – Converter for 32-bit x86 executables
- BZip2 – Standard BWT algorithm
- Deflate – Standard LZ77-based algorithm
LZMA is the default and general compression method of 7z format. The main features of LZMA are:
- High compression ratio
- Variable dictionary size (up to 4 GB)
- Compression speed: about 1 MB/s on 2 GHz CPU
- Decompression speed: about 10-20 MB/s on 2 GHz CPU
- Small memory requirement for decompression (depend from dictionary size)
- Small code size for decompression: about 5 KB
- Supports multi-threading and P4’s hyper-threading
- The speed for LZMA/LZMA2 compressing was increased by 3-10%,
- and there are minor changes in compression ratio.
- Some bugs were fixed.
- The bug in 7-Zip 18.02-18.05 was fixed: there was memory leak in xz decoder.
- 7-Zip 18.02-18.05 used only one CPU thread for bz2 archive creation.