Reg Organizer Portable is a feature-rich application designed to edit, clean and maintain registry, fix errors in the system, and improve computer performance. The deep registry search feature lets you find all registry keys related to a specific application. The program helps you to edit registry files (.reg) and view their content directly from Windows Explorer. There is also a built-in application uninstaller, allowing you to uninstall redundant applications from the system completely. Another set of features will be useful to administrators, as well as ordinary users.
- Registry editor for viewing and editing the system registry, manipulating the registry keys and values, exporting, importing, copying them, etc.
- The registry cleaner of Reg Organizer can detect many types of registry errors. These include searching the registry for invalid references to files, folders and DLLs; invalid uninstallation data; finding obsolete and invalid file extensions and other issues. Reg Organizer can repair many of these registry problems.
- Registry search feature can find all keys related to a certain application and delete them, if necessary. This feature can be useful if you manually delete some application that has no uninstall feature. In this case its keys can be left in the registry interfering with the normal operation of other programs. Reg Organizer provides the deepest search and can often find even those keys, that wouldn’t be identified by other similar programs.
- Defragmenting and compressing the registry: Increase the performance of the registry and consequently the overall performance of your system.
- Ablilty to change many undocumented Windows settings (tweaks). In particular, it can accelerate the work of your system by sending the system a command to increase cache memory size or by unloading unused libraries, etc.
- Ability to get information about any selected registry key and monitor changes of the specific keys.
- Preview of the registry files (*.reg) before adding their contents to the system registry. The files can be viewed directly from Windows Explorer. Reg Organizer presents the file contents in the tree-like form, helping to visualize all keys that will be imported into the registry.
- Functional registry file editor, allowing you to edit keys and values, add and delete data containing in the .reg files.
- Provide quick access to all of the programs that are automatically started when you turn on or logon to your computer. Using Reg Organizer, you can inspect, edit, or disable such programs.
- Registry search and replace mode offers you a variety of options for searching the registry and replacing the records matching the specified criteria.
- Built-in software uninstaller. It can take snapshots before and after application installs and eradicate ALL system changes made by an app like it was never installed. Besides, this feature can be used for displaying changes made by the application to each of the system components.
- Disk Cleanup tool lets you automatically remove unnecessary files from the hard drive of your computer, and to search for and fix invalid shortcuts.
- Redesigned and improved system load time measurement function in the Startup Applications tool.
- Recycle Bin cleaning ability has been added to Private Data Cleanup tool. If cleanup is enabled, you may specify the maximum duration of the files in Recycle Bin, after which they should be removed from there.
- When cleaning Obsolete Downloads, deletions are moved to the Recycle Bin.
- Registry Editor: When using the Search the Entire Registry command the data is searched in all root keys, not only HKLM and HKU (despite other root keys being derived from these two).
- You can manage all the background tasks of the application, as well as autorun of the Reg Organizer itself, through the new Background Tasks settings section.
- A new “Background Functions…” command has been added to the tray icon menu.
- The applications’ traces lookup algorithm has been improved.
- Improved safety of the Maximum Cleanup Mode when using the System Cleanup tool.
- Usability improvements.
- When clicking on the button next to the Optimizations caption in Express Check, the incorrect interface section might open.
- Startup Applications tool: The list could contain invalid services entries, which cannot be removed.
- Startup Applications tool: When the notification about a suspicious startup entry appeared, clicking the Disable at Startup button in the notification did not work.
- When viewing some backups in the Undo Changes Center window, the list of files included in the backup was not complete.
- The Obsolete Downloads location in the cleanup tools was always unavailable for enabling.