Portable BOX4 v3.0 Final (x64)
BOX4 portable is a MKV/MP4/MOV/FLV to MKV/MP4 re-packager/remuxer/converter. It is an update to the old rebox.NET which needed refreshing simply because it was a little limited and concentrated too much on outputting to consoles. BOX4 now outputs to both MKV and MP4 using MP3, AAC and AC3 audio codec options. It also uses the audio filter ‘Dynamic Audio Normalizer’ which simply, is amazing.
VIDEO: AVC H.264
AUDIO: DTS|DCA|EAC3|AC3|AAC|AAC_LATM|MP3|MP2|PCM_S16LE|PC M_DVD|FLAC|VORBIS
VIDEO: AVC H.264 (PASSTHROUGH)
AUDIO: AAC|MP3|COPY (DYNAMIC AUDIO NORMALIZER OPTION)
SUBTITLE: BOTH TEXT AND BITMAP FORMATS (TEXT IN MP4 ARE APPLE COMPATIBLE)
FOLDER: Loads multiple files (and adds jobs) to the queue.
FILE: Loads a single file and adds the job to the queue.
PROFILES: Simple two profile setup.
SETTINGS: Change settings.
START: Starts (and stops) the queue.
ENABLED|DISABLED: Click to enable (green) or disable (red) job.
PATHS: Source and destination shown. Clicking the output allows changing.
PROFILE (MKV|MP4): Selected profile, click to change.
TRACKS: Opens the tracks selection window.
The tracks window allows you to select, and deselect, other audio and subtitle tracks (streams). Click to enable (green) or disable (red) track.
VIDEO TRACK: Just brief video information shown. Click ‘RETURN’ to go back to main window.
AUDIO TRACKS: Click to enable (green) or disable (red) track.
Select CODEC: Change output codec to MP3|AAC|COPY. Copy passes through the audio without re-encoding.
Select BITRATE: Change output bitrate for the audio stream.
Select D.A.N: This refers to the ‘Dynamic Audio Normalizer’ (see below).
SUBTITLE TRACKS: Click to enable (green) or disable (red) track.
DYNAMIC AUDIO NORMALIZER (D.A.N) created by: LoRd_MuldeR
The Dynamic Audio Normalizer is like a Dynamic Range Compressor AND Normalizer WITH intelligence ALL IN ONE.
I was fed up messing around with different ‘compand|pan’ filter options or manually altering channel levels (rebox.NET) so I was rather excited when I stumbled across this little tool. It was exactly what I wanted and I use it exclusively. Basically it performs D.R.C and normalizes the audio in an intelligent way to give you what many people ask for: A ‘Night Mode’. An audio track that is far more consistent in terms of volume across the range resulting in you not having to keep changing the volume throughout. I use this filter on all the movies I do for my daughter, no more constant volume changing.
INPUT|OUTPUT folders are independent and remembered between jobs and sessions.
BITMAP subtitles will not be taken into MP4 files, even if selected.
Only one AUDIO|SUBTITLE track can be selected (currently).
Your input file must contain a H264 VIDEO stream and at least one AUDIO stream.
BOX4 is x64 ONLY, it will not work on 32-BIT computers.
BOX4 has only been tested on WINDOWS 10 (developed) and WINDOWS 7.
BOX4 is a .NET application and requires .NET Framework v4.7.1 or greater (included in this portable).
- Fixed mp4|mkv profile button same file (extention) I/O check.
- Added the ability to edit the audio normaliser LOUDNORM parameters ‘I|LRA|TP’.
- Editible TextBoxes (Title & Normaliser ‘dynaudnorm-loudnorm’ options) highlight all on selection.
- A few font changes to add a little continuity.
- Simplified the input video|audio|subtitle|attachment format checks.
- Some trivial GUI/control/geometry changes and alignments.
- Changed, updated, and shifted, the input/import scan worker procedures slightly.
- Now all files load in almost instantly.
- Updated the input parsing routines. (both file input and subtitle import)
- Cleaned up the dialog message window.
- Cleaned up a few GUI properties.
- Amended some coding type conversions.
- Allow folders, as well as files, to be ‘drag and dropped’ for input.
- By default, auto select (enable) subtitle track if its ‘Forced’ flag is set.
- Tidied up a couple of minor ‘.Opacity Fade’ issues.