Portable PDF-XChange Editor Pro 9.5.367.0 Multilingual
Text documents are usually to compose and edit, but it’s not the same when handling PDF files. These are preferred for their level of security, and possibility to hold different types of content. In this regard, PDF-XChange Editor Portable comes as a powerful PDF editor which bundles a variety of features to work on existing documents and save with new changes.
File support and view options
Files first need to be loaded to be able to use any features. On the bright side of things, the application supports an impressive variety of formats besides PDF, such as XMP, BMP, GIF, ICO, JBG, PBM, PGM, TGA, PCX, DCX, PNG, JPG, TIFF, EMF, RTF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, PPT, TXT, and a few more. Each document you open is at a mouse click away in its own tab.
View options make it possible to adjust page display for a more comfortable experience, with options for single or continuous pages. Thumbnails can be enabled for preview, rotation is included, zoom helps analyze details, while the ruler makes it easy to measure specific elements or better align objects inside the document.
Content editing and exporting
Document content benefits from a decent array of manipulation tools. It’s possible to extract multiple pages, and even have them replaced. Furthermore, you can limit editing to content itself, with options to insert and select text, add pictures, barcode, or draw directly on the page using dedicated brush tools and shapes.
In case you’re working with freshly-scanned paces, the OCR component attempts to translate readable text, which you can then fine-tune with the built-in spell check tool. You can take snapshots of the documents and save as pictures, and measure perimeter, distance, or area.
Export possibilities aren’t that abundant, but make it possible to generate a new PDF, or even PPT file with all changes you make. Additionally, documents can be sent via email, or saved to SharePoint servers, or cloud services like Dropbox or Google Drive.
• PDF-XChange Editor (Plus only) Create and Edit Fillable PDF Forms
• PDF-XChange Editor (Plus only) Create and Edit Dynamic Stamps
• Convert PDF to MSPowerPoint® format
• Reduce PDF file size by Image compression/downsampling & embed/unembed Font, PDF Optimization
• Advanced PDF Bookmark creation and management
• Direct Content Editing (Paths & Images)
• Combine PDFs open/closed pdfs
• Import Directly from XPS and other support formats
• Header & Footer Support
• Bates Numbering
• Delete Pages
• Move Pages – By Drag&drop in Thumbnails View.
• Insert/Import Pages (from existing PDF files)
• Extract pages to a new file (PDF or Image format – 15 formats supported)
• Crop Pages/Files
• Flatten Annotations/Comments
• Insert Blank page
• Summarize Comments
• Export Comments
• Scan Direct to PDF (now with inline OCR option during scanning process)
• Create PDF documents from text and RTF files
• Convert 15 supported image formats to PDF
• Extended Digital Signature Support (incl. Time Stamps)
• Security Profiles (for adding security to documents conveniently)
• Improved Browser Plug-ins to reduce compatibility issues
• and much more…
PDF-XChange Pro Portable
PDF-XChange PRO Portable is the ultimate PDF solution. It’s a bundle package that combines the three best-selling applications that Tracker Software produces:
- PDF-XChange Editor Plus is a hugely dynamic and fully-customizable PDF application. Create, view, edit, annotate, OCR* and sign PDF files – and that’s just the beginning. If you work with PDF then this fully-customizable product will optimize your work process to levels that no other product can achieve. Create PDF files from scanned documents, images, text files, Markdown files and much more. Open, edit and convert Microsoft Office documents.* Avail of over thirty tools to assist in the creation of document comments, annotations, links and fillable forms. These tools make editing PDFs a finely-tuned, precise process that produces documentation and image files of the highest quality. Our user-friendly functionality is diverse enough to meet the needs of all practitioners from novices to professionals.**
- PDF-Tools is a worldwide leader in the creation and manipulation of PDF and image files. Highly user-friendly, it can be used to convert files of almost any format to/from PDF. Avail of seventy built-in standard tools, as well as functionality to clone and edit these tools and their variables as you desire. Use the Actions Library to fully customize your tools and the Tool Actions Sequence to determine the order in which they perform operations. Combine seventy-seven available actions to create your own tools – out of billions of possibilities. PDF-Tools is compatible with large PDF files and can also handle a huge number of files simultaneously – batch conversion is its strength.
What’s NEW in PDF-XChange Editor Portable
A range of additional features to those listed above have been added to PDF-XChange Editor/Editor Plus for the V9 release.
- The Split Documents by Size feature, which enables the splitting of documents via the specification of a desired output file size.
- The Overlay PDF feature, which makes it possible to overlay document pages with existing files.
- The Recompress Multiple Images feature, which enables the simultaneous recompressing of multiple images.
- Media Box Normalization, which enables the location of the media box to be set to the (0;0) coordinates in order to facilitate simpler content copying and pasting.
- 3D PDF Measurement Tools are also now available, so you can now perform measurements on 3D documents.
- Crop to White Margins functionality.
A range of features have also been improved and enhanced for the V9 release. The Split Pages dialog box can now display deltas from both top and bottom, and several lines can be selected and removed at the same time. Additionally, a new ‘Split Every x Points’ command is available, which enables more dynamic splitting options, and it is now also possible to split pages by guide lines. The Watermarks features have also been updated – now you can specify when watermarks are visible: during View, Print and/or Export, and new macros have been made available. Dialog box functionality has also been enhanced in the Markdown to PDF and Export to Word/Excel/PowerPoint features.
A selection of new options are available in the Layers pane, including the ability to Import as Layer, Move Content and Annotations to layers, Specify Default layers, Drag and Drop content and annotations to the Layers Pane, Show/Hide/Toggle selected layers, Sort Layers alphabetically, Extract selected/visible layers and Flatten selected layers/all optional content. File and Destination controls have been updated in several dialog boxes, and the Export to Office options have been enhanced. The process of Editing Text also has some new features – it is now possible to retain the original text layout when editing document text, and list-creation is supported in both comments and page content. Numerous additional bug fixes and improvements have also been made to the software.
- Implemented the annot.refType and annot.replyTo properties.
- Added ‘Expand All/Collapse All’ buttons in the Advanced tab of the Metadata dialog box.
- Added ‘Delete but Retain Children’ feature for Bookmarks pane.
- The Default OCR engine (Tesseract) has been upgraded to the latest stable version (5.3).
- Fixed a potential vulnerability when handling crafted/corrupted TIFF files. Reported by: Mat Powell of Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative; Tran Van Khang (VinCSS), Rocco Calvi (@TerR0C), and Anonymous working with Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative.
- Fixed a potential vulnerability when handling crafted/corrupted J2K files. Reported by: Mat Powell of Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative; Tran Van Khang (VinCSS), Rocco Calvi (@TerR0C), and Anonymous working with Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative.
- Fixed a potential vulnerability when handling crafted/corrupted XPS files. Reported by: Mat Powell of Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative; Tran Van Khang (VinCSS), Rocco Calvi (@TerR0C), and Anonymous working with Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative.
- Fixed a potential vulnerability when handling crafted/corrupted PDF files. Reported by: Mat Powell of Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative; Tran Van Khang (VinCSS), Rocco Calvi (@TerR0C), and Anonymous working with Trend Micro Zero Day Initiative.
- Fixed the issue where some digital signatures generated by DocuSign were reported as invalid.
- Fixed the issue with the annot.gestures property. (39785)
- Fixed the issue with the doc.addWatermarkFromFile property. (39385)
- Fixed the issue with the ‘Fit Box by Text Content’ feature for callout and freetext annotations. (T# 4819)
- Fixed the rare issue with formatting measure values when fraction types are used. (T# 6362)
- Fixed the issue with moving hidden form fields via keyboard in the form editor. (T# 6381)
- Fixed a rare issue that caused a crash when loading PDFs that contain XFA forms.
- Fixed the issue with the ‘Sort Pages by Bookmarks’ feature on some documents. (T# 6343)
- Fixed the issue with the error message that appears when opening documents from a session.(T# 6359) (39711)
- Fixed the issue with the enabled/disabled state of ‘Insert/Replace Text’ buttons on toolbars. (39772)
- Fixed the issue that could cause a crash when a floating pane is active and the shortcut for ‘Full Screen’ is used. (39769)
- Fixed a rare issue that resulted in the incorrect positioning of redaction rectangles when OCR is being performed on a document and the ‘Editable Text and Images’ mode is enabled.
- Edit Content Tool: fixed the logic used with the selection of objects on pages when users right-click to open the context menu. Right-clicking on selected objects now retains the current selection, as it should.
- Changed a way of handling document information tags when converting from MS Office document formats.
- Fixed how information is displayed in the document info bar for PDF/A-4, PDF/A-4e and PDF/A-4f files.
- Added the ability to replace non-existent files when opening the associated session. (T# 6360) (39702)
- Fixed/improved the ‘OCR Images’ feature: reinstated the output options (for Enhanced OCR engine only). (39995)
- Improved/fixed the detection of skew/rotation angles when OCR is being performed on documents/images.
- Updated third-party components to address their known vulnerabilities.