Portable HandBrake 1.3.2 (x64)
After more than 13 years of development, the HandBrake Team is delighted to present HandBrake v1. Thank you to all of our many contributors over the years for making HandBrake what it is today. HandBrake is a tool for converting video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs. HandBrake portable is a multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder. Supported sources: Any DVD-like source: VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD, and some .VOB and .TS files, Blu-ray source,
Most any multimedia file it can get libavformat to read and libavcodec to decode. Outputs: File format: MP4, MKV, Video: MPEG-4, H.264, or Theora (1 or 2 passes or constant quantizer/rate encoding), Audio: AAC, MP3, Vorbis or AC-3 pass-through (supports encoding of several audio tracks), Switchable or burned in subtitles and much more!
The interface of the application is standard and both beginners and experienced individuals can easily get accustomed to this program.
You can import a DVD folder or video file by using the file browser or the “drag and drop” method. Then, you can select the title and chapters, preset, output format destination, as well as configure settings before initiating the encoding process. I recommend using the included Presets if you lack the needed advanced knowledge.
You can apply many video filters (grayscale, detelecine, decomb, deinterlace, denoise, deblock), as well as set the video codec (H.264, H.265, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, VP8, Theora) framerate and quality, audio codec (AAC, HE-AAC, MP3, AC3, OGG), mixdown, sample frequency rate and bitrate.
Also, you can add, remove or import subtitles (SRT format only) and enable the “Forced Only”, “Burned In” and “Default” options, create chapter markers and import/export a CSV file.
When it comes to advanced options, you can select the encoding method (e.g. reference frames), psychovisual, analysis (e.g. “Adaptive Direct Mode”), partition type, deblocking, and others.
Additionally, you can preview results, create a task list (i.e. batch conversions), import and export presets, configure program settings, and more.
The program uses a moderate amount of system resources, takes a long time to complete a task but manages to keep very good image and sound quality. There’s also an online user guide available.
Built-in Device Presets:
Get started with HandBrake in seconds by choosing a profile optimised for your device, or choose a universal profile for standard or high quality conversions. Simple, easy, fast. For those that want more choice, tweak many basic and advanced options to improve your encodes.
Supported Input Sources:
Handbrake can process most common multimedia files and any DVD or BluRay sources that do not contain any kind of copy protection.
- File Containers: .MP4(.M4V) and .MKV
- Video Encoders: H.265 (x265 and QuickSync), H.264(x264 and QuickSync), H.265 MPEG-4 and MPEG-2, VP8 and Theora
- Audio Encoders: AAC / HE-AAC, MP3, Flac, AC3, or Vorbis
- Audio Pass-thru: AC-3, E-AC3, DTS, DTS-HD, TrueHD, AAC and MP3 tracks
Even more features:
- Title / chapter and range selection
- Batch Scan and Queueing of encodes
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR, CFR and VFR
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Denoise, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling
- Live Video Preview
What’s NEW in Handbrake Portable:
- Fixed point to point end detection in certain scenarios
- Improved support for H.265 video in AVI container produced by some security cameras
- Added logging to identify problematic sources where container and video track pixel aspect ratios differ
- Added logging to help debug potential JSON API issues
- Fixed color range conversion being applied twice when scaling video
- Fixed incorrect identification of support for QSV HEVC encoder on older Intel hardware
- Added logging to identify automatic picture rotation
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements
Fixed an upstream FFmpeg issue where passing through AAC ADTS audio could produce invalid MKV output in rare cases (error instead)
- Fixed uninitialized memory in NLMeans prefilter leading to video corruption at bottom of picture (only affects custom settings)
- Fixed a crash in the Detelecine filter with out of bounds parameters (only affects custom settings)
Fixed burned in subtitles position offset where cropscale filter is not used
- Fixed loading preset files with Unicode characters in path
- Fixed clear queue options to prevent them clearing active jobs
- Fixed main window status label not always reflecting the true count of queue jobs
- Fixed failure loading default settings which could cause various issues in the graphical interface
- Fixed preview images displaying incorrectly in some cases (anamorphic none, flip horizontal)
- Fixed various issues related to Auto Passthru, including fallback settings
- Fixed exported presets not importing correctly using the Mac graphical interface
- Fixed pause and resume not working correctly in some cases
- Fixed display of times greater than 24 hours (estimated time renaming, paused duration)
- Fixed various cosmetic issues in the graphical interface
- Improved display of long filenames in the queue
- Improved some UX stress cases related to the queue
- Improved error message when importing a preset specifying a nonexistent audio encoder
- Improved audio and subtitle languages behavior to preserve selected languages order where “any” is also selected
- Improved low disk space preferences and alerts
- Added a workaround for an upstream .NET issue causing tooltips to not render correctly in some cases
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and improvements