XMedia Recode can convert almost all known audio and video formats, including 3GP, 3GPP, 3GPP2, AAC, AC3, ADTS, AMR, ASF, AVI, AVISynth, DVD, FLAC, FLV, H.261, H.263, H.264, M4A , M1V, M2V, M4V, Matroska (MKV), MMF, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, TS, TRP, MP2, MP3, MP4, MP4V, MOV, QT, OGG, PSP, RM, (S ) VCD, SWF, VOB, WAV, WebM, WMA and WMV.
XMedia Recode can only convert unprotected DVDs.
XMedia Recode converts 3GP to AVI, 3GP to FLV, AC3 to MP3, AC3 to WAV, ASF to 3GP, ASF to FLV, ASF to MP4, AVI to FLV, AVI to 3GP, FLAC to MP3, FLAC to WMA, FLV to 3GP, FLV to Mp3, DVD to 3GP, DVD to AC3, DVD to AVI, DVD to MP3, DVD to MP4, DVD to MOV, DVD to SVCD, DVD to VCD, DVD to WMV, OGG to MP3, OGG to WMA, MPEG to AVI, MP2 to MP3, MP4 to FLV, MP4 to AVI, M4P to MP3, MOV to 3GP, MOV to AVI, MOV to FLV, WMA to MP3, WMV to FLV, WAV to MP3.
The utility works with most formats out there and it also has an option to convert DVD and Blu-Ray discs into any format you like. But probably the ace up its sleeve is actually the way it manages to address novice user and more experienced ones at the same time.
Different output profiles to work with
First of all, those uninitiated have the option to choose one of the many built-in profiles for a one-click conversion job. For example, if you wish to convert an AVI video and transfer it on your iPhone, you have the option to pick the iPhone model and let the app do the whole job.
At the same time, power users can step into the more advanced side and modify bitrate, keyframe interval, framerate, rate control mode and many other settings regarding both the video and audio chapters, using the other configuration tabs.
The conversion process goes very smoothly and the user also has the option to keep an eye on the running process by opening the ‘Jobs’ tab. The preferences dialog is minimal and is less likely to help you unless there’s a problem with the tool, as all the important settings are actually stored in the main window.
A top media encoder on the market
As a conclusion, if you are looking for an app that’s able to work with virtually all audio and video formats out there, XMedia Recode Portable should be one of your top choices.
What’s NEW in Xmedia Recode Portable:
- Update of ffmpeg
- Video Filter: Added “LUT (3D)”
- Video Filter: Added “Convert color matrix”
- Update of ffmpeg
- Update of x264 (3027) Codec
- Update of libbluray 1.2.1
- New profiles ( Honor, Huawei, Motorola, OnePlus, Samsung, Xiaomi )
- AV1 Codec: Added “Enable extended transform type” option
- AV1 Codec: Added “Enable 64-pt transform” option
- AV1 Codec: Added “Enable temporal mv prediction” option
- AV1 Codec: Added “Enable dual filter” option
- AV1 Codec: Added “Enable difference-weighted compound” option
- AV1 Codec: Added “Enable distance-weighted compound” option
- AV1 Codec: Added “Enable one sided compound” option
- AV1 Codec: Added “Enable interinter wedge compound” option
- AV1 Codec: Added “Enable interintra wedge compound” option
- AV1 Codec: Added “Enable masked compound” option
- AV1 Codec: Added “Enable interintra compound” option
- AV1 Codec: Added “Enable obmc” option
- Fixed minor bugs