Portable Scarab Darkroom 2.24 (Repost)
Scarab Darkroom provides a variate set of tools that work together in order to assist you in easily enhancing the quality of your RAW images and generate masterpieces that you can be proud of. While it does not sport the same rich feature set of its most important competitors, the extended range of supported digital cameras (various models from Canon, FujiFilm, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Pentax, Samsung and Sony, even some of the latest ones) and the ease of use makes it rather popular amongst users. The straightforward approach that it goes for does not mean that it does not include a wide palette of editing tools. On the contrary, there are various aspects that you can adjust in Scarab Darkroom to make your photo stand out from the crowd.
The main interface comprises a tree-view file explorer and a simple thumbnail browser that help you quickly find the picture you want to process. The photo is then displayed within the large preview pane, which occupies most of the GUI, so that no detail is missed.
The application enables you to fine-tune your photo, adjust the brightness, contrast, the highlight recover, black and fill light levels in order to alter its exposure. The temperature, the tint, hue, saturation, luminance and vibrance levels can also be changed and a grayscale effect can be applied.
Split toning, sharpening without amplifying interpolation artifacts, noise filtering, chromatic aberration, tone curve adjustment, cropping, resizing are some of the other options for editing your photography.
The ‘Metadata’ tab displays details about the conditions in which the photo was taken, such as exposure, aperture, the focal length, ISO speed and date.
Using a proprietary demosaic algorithm and its color-grading engine, Scarab Darkroom offers good detail rendering, high output quality and a complete set of tools for digital photography processing.
Canon EOS 1D, 1D Mark IV, 1Ds, 1Ds Mark II, 1D X, 1D X Mark II, 5D, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 6D, 7D, 7D Mark II, 10D, 30D, 40D, 50D, 60D, 70D, 80D, 100D/Rebel SL1, 300D/Digital Rebel, 350D/XT, 400D/XTi, 450D/XSi, 500D/T1i, 550D/T2i, 600D/T3i, 650D/T4i, 700D, 750D, 760D, 1000D/XS, 1100D/T3, 1200D, 1300D, M, M3, M10, Powershot Pro 1, S45, S50, S70, S90, S95, S100, SX1 IS, G2, G3, G6, G9, G10, G11, G12, G15, G1X
Fujifilm F550EXR, F600EXR, HS10/HS11, X10, X100
Nikon 1 AW1, 1 J1, 1 J4, 1 V1, 1 V2, 1 V3, Coolpix A, D1, D1H, D2H, D2X, D2Xs, D3, D3s, D3X, D4, D5, D40, D40X, D50, D60, D70, D70s, D80, D90, D100, D200, D300, D300s, D500, D600, D610, D700, D3000, D3100, D3200, D3300, D5000, D5100, D5200, D5300, D5500, D7000, D7200, Df, E8400, P330, P6000, P7000, P7100, P7700, P7800
Nikon D800 support is coming in the upcoming 64 bit version.
Olympus E-1, E-3, E-5, E-5 Mark II, E-30, E-300, E-400, E-410, E-420, E-450, E-500, E-510, E-520, E-600, E-620, E-M1, E-M5, E-M10, E-M10 Mark II, E-P1, E-P2, E-P3, E-P5, E-PL1, E-PL1s, E-PL2, E-PL3, E-PL5, E-PL6, E-PL7, E-PM1, E-PM2, SH-2, SP-350, SP-510 UZ, SP-550 UZ, SP-560 UZ, SP-570 UZ, C5050Z, C8080WZ, XZ-1
Panasonic DMC-G1, DMC-G2, DMC-G3, DMC-G5, DMC-GF1, DMC-GF2, DMC-GF3, DMC-GF5, DMC-GF6, DMC-GH1, DMC-GH2, DMC-GH3, DMC-G10, DMC-GM1, DMC-GX1, DMC-GX7, DMC-L10, DMC-LF1, DMC-LX3, DMC-LX5, DMC-FZ18, DMC-FZ28, DMC-FZ38, DMC-FZ35, DMC-FZ150, DMC-FZ200, DMC-LX7
Pentax K-01, K-3, K-5, K-5 II, K-5 II s, K-7, K10D, K20D, K-30, K50, K100D, K100D Super, K110D, K200D, K500, K-m/K2000D, K-r, K-S1, K-x, *ist D, *ist DL, *ist DL2, *ist DS, *ist DS2, MX-1, Q, Q10
Samsung EX1, GX-1, GX-1S, GX-1L, GX-20, NX10, NX11, NX20, NX30, NX200, NX210, NX300, NX1000, NX1100, Pro 815
Sony A100, A200, A230, A290, A300, A330, A350, A380, A390, A450, A500, A550, A560, A580, A700, A850, A900, NEX-3, NEX-3N, NEX-5, NEX-5N, NEX-5T, NEX-6, NEX-7, NEX-C3, NEX-F3, SLT-A33, SLT-A35, SLT-A37, SLT-A55, SLT-A57, SLT-A58, SLT-A65, SLT-A77, SLT-A99, DSC-R, DSC-V3, RX1, RX1R, RX10, RX100
• Added support for Canon EOS 7D Mark II, 1D X Mark II, M3, M10, 80D, 100D, 750D, 760D, 1200D, and 1300D
• New thumbnails are now automatically loaded when files are added to the current directory. This allows one to already start processing the pictures while copying them from the memory card.
• Fixed a crash bug, which occurred in version 2.23 with Nikon P330, P7700, and P7800 raw files
• Corrected dark edges problem on Canon PowerShot S95.
• Fixed a memory leak, which occurred when deleting an image.
• Changed default vibrance to 0.10 and the black level back to 0.01.
• A small optimization for faster loading (and slightly increased memory consumption).
• Fixed a texture filtering problem on the right edge of the image (it didn’t affect the saved image).
• Fixed a tiny imprecision with image rotation.
• The error dialog window for unsupported cameras is now always on top.
• A change in the handling of mouse capture events.
• Much better resilience to damaged raw files
• Canon EOS 1D and 1Ds III support fixed and re-added
• Canon EOS 1D II(N) support fixed and re-added
• Removed support for Canon EOS 20D (crashes in 2.23)
• Small code changes preparing for a 64 bit version