Portable 3D-Coat 2021.37 (x64)
3DCoat Portable is the one application that has all the tools you need to take your 3D idea from a block of digital clay all the way to a production ready, fully textured organic or hard surface model. Today 3DCoat is available to learn at 240 Universities, colleges and schools worldwide.
Being that the software is a state-of-the-art piece of software, its interface had to incorporate a multitude of features and options. The workspace is neatly disposed so you can have a large overview of the on-going project. The easy control of the 3D environment with only the mouse allows you to quickly examine and modify your 3D model.
Also, the menus along the sides of the actual workspace allow you to quickly access the tools you need in order to edit your artwork project.
Working on layers
Most of the digital image editing and creation programs use the layer system to allow you to disassemble your project and work on each individual component.
3D-Coat takes things further and incorporates the layer system in the 3D modeling process.
These layers can contain depth, color and specular, and they can be edited by adding extrusion, transparency, contrast, multiplication of depth or additional specular.
Any layer can be easily disabled or enabled at any time, allowing you to quickly try out different versions of the project.
A multitude of features
The program puts at your disposal a large collection of effects and textures for you to use when creating a 3D model.
The Retopology and UV, along with Voxel Sculpting, allow you to create extremely detailed and realistic models, to which you can easily add color and textures.
An advanced program for 3D sculpting
The vast array of options and features 3D-Coat has to offer, along with the intuitive interface and the easy mouse control over the workspace make the program a complex and professional tool for 3D sculpting, with impressive realistic results.
– Possibility to attach Smart Materials to layers! Materials managing becomes even easier.
– Improved Curvature calculation. This is crucial for Smart Materials to be looking even more realistic.
– New Primitives in Retopo room: cylinder, torus, cube, ellipse, spiral, etc. We are getting closer and closer to a low-poly modeling!
– Possibility to change resolution of textures, attached materials will automatically be re-sampled!
– Smart Materials usage history.
– Render scene in Renderman. Yep, you heard it right!
– Proxy Slider. Set your proxy degree with an easy slider movement.
– Baking Scan. Paint baking depth with brush. Now you can define with an ease of a brush stroke how big the depth of scanning will be.
– 4K monitors support. Now UI elements and font size will automatically fit your screen resolution.
– Rotation mode quick switch – around Y or free rotation. See navigation panel.
Need both modes at hand? Now you have the quick swap.
New ‘soft Boolean’ system chamfers intersection edges
The first major update to the software since 2017’s 3DCoat 4.8, the 4.9 update adds a range of new tools.
3DCoat’s Sculpt room now includes a ‘soft Boolean’ system, which enables the edge of a Boolean intersection to be filleted or chamfered during the operation.
It’s currently supported for geometric primitives, volumes, and by the Cut Off tool, which cuts a form defined by a guide curve or spline into a mesh.
Cut Off itself has been “completely redone” to improve the accuracy of the cut, and now includes a new Depth Limit setting, as shown in the video above.
Holes in geometry are now automatically closed before voxelisation, and the closure operation is described as being “much more stable and powerful”.
New ‘To Stripe’ UV unwrapping automatically straightens UV islands
Changes to the UV toolset include a new To Stripe method for UV unwrapping (shown above), which detects thin strips of quads and automatically straightens the corresponding UV islands.
The new method is now used by default, but users can restore the default to the other methods supported in the software, including Angle-Based Flattening (ABF) and Least Squares Conformal Mapping (LSCM).
The retopology toolset gets the option to identify sharp edges on meshes.
Changes to painting and scene export
The Paint toolset gets support for resolution-independent texture locking, intended to help users to “paint materials [at] low quality … then get high quality at the end”.
Importing or calculating a new normal, occlusion or cavity map locks the paint layer and saves the texture to disk. On changing resolution, the locked texture is used instead of resampling the current layer state.
The software also now supports 16-bit PNGs for alpha maps.
– Possibility to relocate 3DCoat’s data folder in the Edit menu.
– Support of language correction. Press F2 to correct any text in UI. You may also add new languages support within the UI and translate any UI elements.
– Automatic zipping of scenes. It is disabled by default, enable it in preferences to use.
– Create alphas from 3D models updated – fast preview rendering (previously it was software rendering), so high-poly meshes allowed there.
– Image files recognized not by extension (that may be wrong) but by signature. It prevents multiple user errors. Sometimes files downloaded from the internet have wrong extension.
– Correct alpha channel visualization in Paint mode for polygonal models (not voxels/surface!). Polygons sorted from back to front in real time for correct rendering. It works fast, but if you feel it is slow, you can turn it off in the View menu.
– .exr added to the list of extensions, acceptable for pen alpha.
– EPS files import corrected.
– Ref images changed.
– ESC closes guides.
– Edit plaсement and paint over ref images are separated to different menu commands to avoid unintentional painting.
– Possibility to show plane only for exact views (option in references droplist).
– FBX support up to FBX 2019.
– Importing multiple 3dcpacks.
- Very important changes in Brushes
- Clean and sharp look on 4K monitors
- Bake shader with reflections in the Light Bake Tool
- Full support of Unicode
- Tube/Toothpaste, Muscle Tools got a functionality update
- 2D-Paint/Carve remade to use Voxel Brush Engine