Portable TV-Browser 3.4.4
TV-Browser portable is a simple Digital TV Guide that supports more than 1000 TV channels and 100 Radio stations. TV-Browser collects TV program information from different sources on the internet and presents it neatly as a Digital TV Guide with pictures where there possible (if there are no copyright issues). TV-Browser is a free opensource software licensed under GPL that can run on multiple platforms like Windows, Linux, MacOS & OS/2 as it is Java based and requires only the SUN Java runtime environment to work properly (included in this portable).
An Electronic Program Guide that downloads the latest, up-to-date information about TV programs. TV-Browser is quite similar to the way that a standard TV Guide works. TV-Browser is an Electronic Program Guide (also known as an EPG). That means, it downloads the latest, up-to-date information about television programs from the internet and displays the information in a clear, understandable way.
Most features of TV-Browser are realized as a Plugin.
1. Blog this! – Simply do a Blog entry by one mouse click.
2. Calendar Export – Exports programs to a scheduler such as “Outlook”.
3. Clipboard – To collect broadcasts and forwards cluster to plugins.
4. Send e-mail – Send program info via e-mail.
5. Favorite programs – Manages your favourite programs.
6. View List – Displays the available program data in a list.
7. Genres – Shows the program genres in the tree view.
8. Growl – Growl-Plugin
9. Marker Plugin – Easy mark programs or add additional lists for marking programs with different priorities.
10. News – TV-Browser news.
11. Print program – Prints the TV program.
12. Program information – Shows detailed information about one program.
13. Recording Control – Enables TV-Browser to control external applications or devices e.g. for recording. List with examples.
14. Reminder – To remind on a program, you want to see.
15. Search – Search for programs.
16. Showview number calculator – To generate the “Showview” numbers.
17. TV Rater – To rate broadcasts and to see reviews from other users.
18. WebPlugin – Hand over broadcastings to web pages
New in TV-Browser 3.4.4
– TV-Browser 3.4.4 fixes bugs of the previous versions. New channels are now searched automatically on a regular base and changes will be shown directly, broken filters are easily recognizable, separators can be added to the channel list and the search contains a new type “Whole term” which allows to search for whole words and term without finding programs with parts of the term. The first day of the week is now configurable.