– IPTC and EXIF data handling
– Rotate images lossless
– Rename images and create catalogues
– Create HTML galleries
– Add and edit keywords
– Powerful search capabilities
– “Real” PDF Import and Export (not just a big image)
– Multipage documents
– Calendar and barcode creation
– Rich text functions
– Create Flash and GIF animations
– Web Export
– Tile images, create buttons and image maps
– Batch conversion
– Create slideshows
– Record actions
– Print multipage documents, flyers and labels
– USB-Stick support
– Multiprocessor support
What’s New in PhotoLine 19.00:
New Function “Align All”
- “Align All” is a new function in the Window menu. It adjusts the visible area and zoom of all opened documents to the active one. This way you can compare similar images more easily.
- The layer attribute for aligning layers to the pixel grid of the document has been enhanced. The following image shows an enlarged rounded rectangle without and with alignment.
- Additionally there is now the menu command “Layout > Alignment > Align To Pixels”, too.
New Browse function “Filename to XMP”
- “Filename to XMP” copies the filename of an image to its XMP data. This way you can save the original filename of a file before renaming it.
- Support of recent PSD versions
- Support of Smart Objects: PhotoLine will create a placeholder layer.
- Better support of adjustment layers
- If possible the PNG export is now creating a sRGB chunk instead of fully embedding the complete profile. This reduces the file size.
- You can now import APNG files.
- The PNG library has been updated.
- PhotoLine uses now the color space information included in the EXIF data.
- Some applications don’t embed the correct ICC profile, but just adjust the EXIF data accordingly. Now PhotoLine handles this kind of information correctly, too.
- The WebP library has been updated.
- The JPEG library has been updated.
- PDF import and export: many enhancements
- SVG import and export: many enhancements
- Some tools now have presets. You can create and apply them using the window menu of the tool settings.
Lasso and Mask Tools
- The lasso outline is now more precise with higher zoom factors.
- While transforming a lasso you can now see the outline of the lasso.
- The tool “Mask Brush” can now draw lines.
- The airbrush and the flood fill tool are now offering a blend mode in the tool settings.
- The painting tools are now working more precisely with low intensities. This affects mostly the airbrush tool.
- The brighter and the darker tool now have the option “Protect Tones”.
- Aside from the outline soft brush are now also showing the inner radius inside the document.
- Vector tools: You can now define the fill and line style of new vector layers in advance with vector tools, that allow creating new layers.
- The data of placeholder layer can now optionally be embedded in the document.
- If a placeholder layer is edited with an external application, PhotoLine will – if possible – transfer the original data of the placeholder layer to the external application.
- Dragging several files onto an empty placeholder layer will insert the remaining files to the following empty placeholder layers.
- The layer list can now be optionally controlled with the keyboard. This can be activated in the settings dialog at “Working > Special”.
- Alt+double click on a thumbnail of an image turns transparency on or off.
- Adding a layer to the selection is now optionally recorded as action.
- Enhanced selection of layers
- The document list has been modified, so that it can now act as a tab bar. To do so, it has to be oriented horizontally – usually by docking it at the top or the bottom – and its height must be low.
- In addition, files and layers can be dragged on documents in the document list to insert them in that document. This enhances working with maximized documents or with documents in full screen mode.
- The histogram can now optionally show additional information.
- The modal curve editor can now be resized. This allows more precise editing.
- You can now delete curve points by dragging them outside the curve editor.
- Layer effects are now applied to all active layers.
- The unsharpness of “Shadow 3D” is now increasing in order to get a better 3D effect.
- The edge of “Outline outside” and “Outline inside” is now antialiased and both effects are now supporting sub pixel widths.
- You can now drag a gradient in the document window by Alt+click&drag the gradient line.
- The size of the gradient handles has been adjusted. You can now edit them easier on 4K monitors.
- On Windows collapsable lists are now using a triangle instead of a “+” sign.
The context menu of formula field are now offering the command “Fix”. This replaces the formula by its numeric value.
- Precise Mouse Cursor
The new precise mouse cursor is less visually distracting.
- Full Preview in Dialogs
You can now control the full preview in dialogs by assigning a shortcut to the menu command “Layer > Display > Show Layer”.
- Text Styles
Text styles are now aplied to all active layers..
- Several performance improvements