Advanced Uninstaller PRO Portable makes it easy to remove all damaged Start Menu shortcuts, to hide or show them at any time, and to alphabetically sort the entire Start Menu. The program can find and delete temporary files left behind by Windows, Internet Explorer, and other applications. You can also tweak Internet Explorer configuration settings, manage and uninstall fonts, uninstall unwanted Control Panel applets, and perform other system tasks efficiently.
The latest release also contains a powerful Registry cleaner, defragmenter and optimizer which will help you keep your Registry fast, clean, and easily accessible by all programs. There is also a Registry backup utility that lets you easily back up and restore this important system file when it gets damaged or lost.
Despite its name, the feature set of Advanced Uninstaller PRO goes beyond that of a simple application uninstaller. The application does allow you to securely remove installed programs, but it also bundles options to clean activity traces, manage running services and startup apps, remove duplicate and temporary files, optimize the registry, and the list goes on. In other words, Advanced Uninstaller PRO is, in fact, a rather complex optimization and maintenance toolbox for your computer.
Uninstaller, startup manager, cleaner, and more
Tools are neatly organized into different categories, which are easily accessed in the main window. Alongside the uninstaller, the “General Tools” include a services and a startup manager, and a start menu cleaner. Furthermore, monitoring an installation by creating a setup log is also possible, which helps you make sure to traces are left behind when that particular application is removed.
The File and Registry Tools category enables you to erase duplicate and temporary files, or compress data, all to free up storage space. Additionally, you can clean up the registry by removing errors and corrupted entries, or optimize the registry, which means reducing its defragmentation degree. Moreover, the application enables you to backup and restore the registry at your convenience.
Built-in browser tools and premium features
The package also comprises a few browser tools ready to help you protect your privacy. You can use Advanced Uninstaller PRO to manage Internet-related data, such as cookies, the browser history, temporary files, plugins, and add-ons, or toolbars. Firefox and Chrome are the two supported browsers alongside Internet Explorer.
Registered users also get a daily health checker, which runs maintenance tasks to keep the computer in top shape. Another premium feature is the virus scanner, which tries to keep malware away and safeguard your data.
A name that minimizes the actual functionality
Users might not fully understand why Advanced Uninstaller PRO is called the way it is as the array of functions that hide behind the name is much wider. Nevertheless, the element of surprise when downloading an uninstaller, and getting so much more is satisfactory.
- Easily uninstall applications and programs. The program starts a lot faster than the Control Panel Add/Remove applet, and has a handy quick search function.
- Uninstall, disable and enable Control Panel icons.
- Disable or delete the programs that run at startup.
- Remove items left behind in the Add/Remove section after program uninstall.
- Manage the fonts installed on your computer.
- Hide, show or sort your Start menu shortcuts. Automatically find and delete the non-working shortcuts on your desktop and Start menu.
- Uninstall Internet Explorer toolbars, plug-ins and BHOs (Browser Helper Objects).
- Find and delete garbage and temporary files.
- Delete the recently open files list of programs such as Microsoft Office, Windows Media Player, ICQ, MSN, WinZip, RealPlayer, Kazaa, Morpheus, WinAmp, etc.
- Delete the Internet history trail (information about the pages you visited, addresses you typed, cookies, etc).