Portable Teaching-You First Aid Skills
Wherever we are, and whatever we do, accidents and emergencies are a part of our lives. Would you know what to do if you were first on the scene? By knowing how to make essential first aid decisions, you can make sure that you are prepared to act in an emergency. Using simulations of real-life events where your choices and decisions affect the outcome, Teaching-you First Aid Skills helps you to acquire those skills, which we all need to learn, but for which we have never found the time.
Hundreds of photographs, animations, videos and diagrams provide clear, step by step explanations on how to recognise and treat common complaints like headaches to major, potentially life threatening conditions such as choking and shock, equipping you with vital skills that one day could help you save a life.
ESSENTIAL FAMILY REFERENCE
An indispensable reference or quick refresher guide covering topics such as the correct First Aid sequence, how to assess a casualty and the recovery position, Teaching-you First Aid Skills is a valuable training aid for the whole family.
A fully illustrated First Aid kit details all the essential items and how to use them. Create your own kit for home, work, or travel. Simply enter the number of adults and children that you want to provide for, and the program will automatically calculate the correct amount of items that you need to include in your first aid kit. Finally print out the list of recommended contents as a handy shopping list to take to your chemist or local supermarket.
PRACTISE THE THEORY
Put your skills to the test using scenarios that you might encounter in your day-to-day life – such as a road accident, an incident at work or home, or a potential drowning, where your choices and decisions will determine the outcome. This program will give you the confidence to know what to do should you find yourself in a similar situation; and will guide you through the steps that you should take.
SEE, HEAR AND DO
Over 200 specially-commissioned photographs and diagrams help you identify injuries and illnesses, and illustrate their treatment. Superb animations combined with over 25 minutes of video explain complex life-saving techniques.
- Airway and Breathing choking, blocked airway, drowning, hyperventilation, croup and fume inhalation.
- Fractures open, closed, spinal, ribcage and pelvic.
- Resuscitation adult, baby and child.
- Common Complaints fever, headache, diarrhoea and vomiting.
- Head & Brain concussion, compression and stroke.
- Bites & Stings animal bites, insect stings, marine life and snake bites.
- Soft Tissue Injuries sprains, strains and dislocations.
- Heart heart attack, angina and cardiac arrest.
- Attacks and Seizures asthma, diabetes, epilepsy and anaphylactic shock.
- Foreign Bodies in the skin, children and in the eye.
- Shock shock and fainting.
- Burns & Scalds minor and major.
- Overexposure heat stroke, heat exhaustion, hypothermia and frostbite.
- Bleeding bruises, severe internal, cuts and scrapes and severe external.
- Poisoning corrosive and non-corrosive.