WinRAR Portable is a powerful archive manager (Windows, Linux, Mac). This is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives. It can backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format. The archiver puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well. WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. It automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method.
The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well. RAR files can usually compress content by 8 percent to 15 percent more than ZIP files can.
• Using WinRAR Portable puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression by consistently making smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs.
• The program provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives.
• WinRAR offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface.
• WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
• WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
• WinRAR supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. The number of archived files is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.
• WinRAR offers the ability to create selfextracting and multivolume archives.
• Recovery record and recovery volumes allow to reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
• WinRAR features are constantly being developed to keep WinRAR ahead of the pack.
WinRAR Portable Version 5.91
1. Dialogs are centered inside of WinRAR window similarly to WinRAR 5.80 and not inside of entire screen as in WinRAR 5.90.
2. When editing an archived file with external software, extra measures are taken to reduce the probability of interfering with editor and opening its temporary files while editor still may need them.
3. “Version to extract” field in archive properties opened from Windows Explorer context menu provides the additional informationì about ZIP compression and encryption algorithms, such as LZMA or AES. This information was already available in WinRAR “Info” command, but missed in archive information accessible from Windows Explorer.
4. “MS DOS” and “Unix” host OS types are recognized and included for LZH archives in “Info” command. Previously the host OS field was always “Unknown” for LZH archive format.
5. Files created by external editor and matching “Settings/Viewer/Ignore modifications for” masks are never added to archive. Previously WinRAR still added them if some file not matching these masks was also created or modified.
6. Bugs fixed:
a) empty file names were displayed inside of some Unix LZH archives;
b) WinRAR could not process more than 999 7z volumes in a single set;
c) if user cancelled the user account control prompt after changing “Integrate WinRAR into shell” option, a new state of this option was displayed in “Settings” dialog, even though the actual state of shell integration was not modified;
d) the main window size could be too small on the first run after clean install with no previous WinRAR version present; e) WinRAR could stop responding after editing an archived file with external software in Windows 10 version 2004.