Portable WinRAR 5.61 Final
WinRAR 5 is a powerful archive manager (Windows, Linux, Mac). This is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives. It can backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format. The archiver puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well. WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. It automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method.
The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well. RAR files can usually compress content by 8 percent to 15 percent more than ZIP files can.
• Using WinRAR puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression by consistently making smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs.
• The program provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives.
• WinRAR offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface.
• WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
• WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
• WinRAR supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. The number of archived files is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.
• WinRAR offers the ability to create selfextracting and multivolume archives.
Recovery record and recovery volumes allow to reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
• WinRAR features are constantly being developed to keep WinRAR ahead of the pack.
1. “Delete archive” extraction option deletes all volumes even if user started extraction from non-first RAR volume, but first volume is present and all files are unpacked successfully. In such case previous versions ignored “Delete archive” even if WinRAR was able to locate the first volume and process the volume set from beginning.
2. Compression ratio bar is not displayed on “Archive” page of Explorer file properties for archives with encrypted file names. WinRAR cannot reliably calculate it for such archives without a password and previously it just displayed 0% here.
3. Bugs fixed:
a) WinRAR displayed “The specified password is incorrect” message infinitely when attempting to open RAR5 archive with encrypted file names if wrong global password was set with Ctrl+P;
b) memory management bug in the password dialog could lead to access to already freed memory followed by crash. This issue may be also associated with security risks;
c) fixed crashes in corrupt RAR, ACE and LZH archives. This issue may be also associated with security risks;
d) while starting, WinRAR could cause a brief flickering in menu bars of few other applications;
e) WinRAR “Find” command matched “String to find” against all archived files ignoring “File names to find” mask when searching
in CAB archives;
f) SFX module “License” command did not set a title of license window;
g) if “Start-up folder” in WinRAR settings included the trailing backslash, WinRAR ignored first “Up one level” command.