Hex Editor NeoPortable allows you to set colors of almost every editor window’s element. Select an element in a list and then select a color using color picker control. You can also set the color to “automatic”. The sample window layout below immediately reflects changes you make. Pressing Apply button also immediately applies your current coloring scheme to all opened editor windows.
Hex Code Editing, Binary Data and Files Modifying Software
The unique hex code editing and manipulation software
High performance and code optimized tool that helps developers to manipulate binary files quick and easy
Invaluable utility for software developers since it helps them to edit the raw and exact content of a file directly, researching the functionality of any .exe file
Hex Editor Neo Portable is a binary files editing software utility for Windows with best functionality/price ratio. It’s rich and handy set of features will help all software and hardware developers working with ASCII, hex, decimal, float, double and binary data.
Highly optimized performance, carefully tuned user interface among with new level of application stability will save a lot of your time, money and precious nerves while working with binary files.
Make patches with just two mouse clicks; manipulate your EXE, DLL, DAT, AVI, MP3, JPG files with unlimited undo/redo. Taste the visual operation history with branching.
Features: Editing Files of ANY Size; Built-In Explorer; Unlimited Undo/Redo; Multiple Selection; Selection Save and Load; Find All; Replace All; History Browsing; History Save and Load; Patch Creation; Clipboard Operations; Bytes, Words, Double Words, Quad Words, Floats and Doubles Edit Mode; Pattern Coloring; Data Inspector; Bookmarks; Base Converter; Advanced copy & export; Encodings.
Hex Editor Neo is highly optimized to quickly perform the requested actions. It also allows you to continue working with a document while another document is busy performing a lengthy operation.
Hex Editor Neo Portable can be successfully used for:
- editing binary files of any size at highest speed
- searching and replacing your data in a binary file
- writing your microcode programs
- researching the functionality of any executable file
- streamlining your work using Undo/Redo and other features
- HexEdit can be successfully used by:
- software developers
- private users
- university students
Hex Editor Neo Portable usage areas:
- Binary files
- EXE files
- DLL data
- DAT files
- AVI data
- MP3 data
- JPG data
- HexEdit Features
Hex Editor Neo Portableoffers the following functionality:
- opens files of any size
- allows you to open as many files as you need
- opens different views for each instance
- allows you to split the individual view into two panes, so you can view and edit the same instance in two places
- organizes data in different ways: hex and decimal bytes, words, dwords and qwords. You can tell the software how many bytes in a row to display, whether to display the byte symbols and so on
- works in overwrite and insert editing modes. In insert mode you can physically delete selected data or insert new data at arbitrary position. The speed of the operation does not depend on the file size
- allows you to make simple (continuous) selection.
- allows you to make selection of any form and shape. You can select multiple areas of the document and apply editing commands on them at the same time
- offers a large set of editing commands, including delete, fill, find and replace
- supports powerful Find All, Replace All, Select From Bookmarks, Select Invert, Select Block commands
- allows you to place bookmarks in the edited document and convert bookmarks to selection or vise versa
- offers complete Undo and Redo lists with visual representation. All editing actions you perform on the document can be undone and then optionally redone again
- allows you to copy or cut selected portion(s) of the document into the same or another Hex Editor Neo window, Windows Explorer® window (as file fragment) or any application as text fragment
- allows you to paste the file from the Windows Explorer® into the file opened in the Hex Editor Neo
- all images in the editor (including the command icons in menus and toolbars, dialogs and documentation) are stored in vector format and are rendered according to the current user’s DPI settings.
- Operation history saving & loading
- Customizable editor color schemes
- Patch creation
- Customizable user interface
- Selection saving & loading
- Base Converter
- Data Inspector
- Pattern Coloring
- Structure Viewer
- Find in Files
- Advanced copy & export
- Checksum calculation
- Full support for NTFS alternate data streams
- much more …
Editing of autobinding schemes
It is now possible to edit the autobinding scheme configuration.
Updates to “Convert to Selection” File Compare function
The function now takes into account currently configured filters.
Updated new structure definition template
The default boilerplate for a new structure definition file has been updated.
Improved startup and overall performance
An update to a number of key components resulted in startup and overall application performance improvements.
Crash in Structure Viewer
Hex Editor Neo could crash when trying to compile some structure definition files.
Typo in zip.h structure definition header
The wrong field name has been fixed in zip.h structure definition header.
Fixed online Structure Definition repository integration
This release fixes a broken integration with an online Structure Definition repository.