AnVir Task Manager is a program that lets you make some adjustments to the operating system, in order to increase its performance. The program’s GUI is well-organized. So, you can edit or disable Registry entries which are automatically initialized at system startup, as well as terminate active processes, services or applications, or bring their window to the front.
It is possible to monitor the traffic and view hidden processes, filter services by type (Microsoft, non-Microsoft, Windows), check out log details and export them to an HTML file for further analysis.
Additional features of AnVir Task Manager let you locate DLLs, files, processes or drives on the computer, as well as check an item for malicious agents via VirusTotal.com.
A wide range of configuration settings are available through the Options screen. For instance, you can minimize the app to the system tray area, create a list of programs to be automatically disabled from the Windows boot sequence, as well as balance the CPU utilization, among others.
The program runs on a low quantity of CPU and system memory, so it doesn’t put a strain on the computer’s resources. It is very responsive to key strokes and mouse events, and offers user documentation. We have not encountered any problems in our tests, since the app did not hang, crash or pop up error dialogs. Furthermore, AnVir Task Manager can be used by individuals of any skill level. There’s also a portable edition available, Portable AnVir Task Manager Free, in case you don’t want to install the app.
Monitor processes, services, startup programs. Replace Windows Task Manager:
• Full information about processes including command line, DLLs that the program uses, inbound and outbound traffic, disk load, tray icon, performance graph, internet connections, Windows, threads, open files, etc.
• Information about startup programs and services. Integrated database with Descriptions for 100 000+ startup programs, Internet Explorer toolbars and services
• Information about drivers, Internet (TCP/UPD) connections
• Icons in the system tray.
Get rid of viruses and spyware that your antivirus missed:
• Security risk rating for each active process, service and startup program. The security risk rating indicates the likelihood of a program being potential virus, spyware, malware or trojan. The rating is based on behavior, code analysis, and integrated database
• Get notification when any program tries to add itself to startup, and cancel useless or harmful startup program
• Right click on any suspicious process or file and check it on virustotal.com with 30+ antiviruses
• Click on the title of any applicationto
• minimize window to system tray and save the taskbar space from clutter
• make window semi-transparent, save windows transparency
• pin window ‘always on top’
• List of recently used folders in Open / Save dialogs
• Drive’s free space as a colored horizontal bar in Windows ‘My Computer’ (Vista style icons on Windows XP)
• Last launched and favorites programs and folders in tray menu
Speed up your PC and Windows startup:
• Startup tab shows all programs that run on Windows start. It includes name, file path, company and description. Disable or delete programs that you don’t need, and your PC will run much faster
• “Delayed Startup” lets you set up any startup program to run few minutes later after Windows startup. This allows you to begin using the computer without waiting for Windows to load all startup applications
• Run startup programs minimized to system tray, or as a floating icon, or as a services on Windows startup
• Balance CPU usage, optimize memory, save process priority