Portable WizTree 3.23
WizTree is a disk space analyzer. It scans your entire hard drive and shows you which files and folders are using the most disk space. It does this VERY QUICKLY. Use the information WizTree provides to quickly locate and remove “space hogs” from your hard drive. When scanning NTFS formatted hard drives (most modern hard drives use this format), WizTree reads the hard drive’s Master File Table (MFT) directly from the disk. The MFT is a special hidden file used by the NTFS file system to keep track of all files and folders on a hard drive. Scanning for files this way completely bypasses the operating system (Windows) and provides a huge performance boost.
- Finds the files and folders using the most space on your hard drive
- Work VERY Fast! We think it’s the fastest application of this type in the world!
- Finds the top 1000 largest files on your hard drive
- Sort the contents of your entire hard drive by folder size and optionally delete files and folders
3.23 (6 June 2018)
- Export to CSV would duplicate some folders (fixed)
- Configuration file name was incorrect in portable version (was using WizFile.ini instead of WizTree3.ini)
- Configuration file name for installed version now set to %appdata%\WizTree3\WizTree3.ini (was using WizFile.ini or WizFile64.ini before)