DaVinci Resolve Portable is the world’s only solution that combines professional 8K editing, color correction, visual effects and audio post production all in one software tool! You can instantly move between editing, color, effects, and audio with a single click. DaVinci Resolve Studio is also the only solution designed for multi user collaboration so editors, assistants, colorists, VFX artists and sound designers can all work live on the same project at the same time! Whether you’re an individual artist, or part of a large collaborative team, it’s easy to see why DaVinci Resolve is the standard for high end post production and finishing on more Hollywood feature films, television shows and commercials than any other software.
DaVinci Resolve Portable features a revolutionary new cut page specifically designed for editors that need to work quickly and on tight deadlines! The new DaVinci Neural Engine uses machine learning to enable powerful new features such as facial recognition, speed warp and more. Adjustment clips let you apply effects and grades to clips on the timeline below, quick export can be used to upload projects to YouTube and Vimeo from anywhere in the application, and new GPU accelerated scopes provide more technical monitoring options than before. Plus, Fusion is dramatically faster and Fairlight adds immersive 3D audio. DaVinci Resolve 16 is a massive release with hundreds of features customers have asked for!
Introducing the Cut Page!
Designed specifically for editors working on high end fast turn around work such as television commercials and even news cutting, the cut page is all about speed. It’s an alternate edit page with a streamlined interface and revolutionary new tools that will help you work faster than ever. The cut page lets you import, edit, trim, add transitions, titles, automatically match color, mix audio and more. Whether you’re delivering for broadcast or for YouTube, the cut page has everything you need to get the job done, all in one place. Plus, the regular edit page is still available so you can switch between edit and cut pages to change editing style right in the middle of a job.
New Editing Features in DaVinci Resolve 16:
DaVinci Resolve includes everything professional editors need to cut blockbuster films, television shows, and commercials. It’s perfect for both offline and online editing. The high performance playback engine makes editing and trimming incredibly fast, even for processor intensive formats such as H.264 and RAW.
New Fusion VFX Features in DaVinci Resolve 16:
With over 250 built in tools, Fusion VFX’s advanced 3D compositing engine and node based workflow let you quickly connect effects and tools together in a flow chart style, making it easy to create cinematic feature film quality visual effects and broadcast motion graphics right inside of DaVinci Resolve!
New Color Features in DaVinci Resolve 16:
DaVinci Resolve’s legendary color tools let you manipulate color in breathtaking ways to get results that are simply impossible on other systems. That’s why DaVinci Resolve has been used on more feature films and television shows than any other grading system! You get powerful primary and secondary tools, curves, tracking, stabilization and more!
New Fairlight Features in DaVinci Resolve 16:
With Fairlight in DaVinci Resolve Portable , audio is no longer an afterthought in post production! You get a completely integrated and powerful digital audio workstation with full mixer, EQ and dynamics processing, sample level audio editing, ADR tools, sound library support, FairlightFX audio plugins and more!
New Collaboration Features in DaVinci Resolve 16:
Featuring a universal timeline, powerful database driven design, bin and clip locking, built in chat, timeline comparison tools and more, DaVinci Resolve Studio is the world’s only post production solution that lets different artists all work together on the same project at the same time!
DaVinci Resolve Studio
Upgrade to DaVinci Resolve Studio for even more creative tools and options! You get a huge set of indispensable ResolveFX and FairlightFX plugins, along with support for 4K, 8K and higher resolution projects at frame rates up to 120 frames per second. You also get the new DaVinci Neural Engine which enables features such as facial recognition, speed warp retiming, automatic color balancing and automatic color matching. DaVinci Resolve Studio also adds film grain tools, advanced noise reduction, blur and mist effects, HDR grading, 10bit H.264 support, 3D immersive audio, stereoscopic 3D support, multi user collaboration tools and more!
DaVinci Neural Engine
The new DaVinci Neural Engine uses state of the art deep neural networks and learning, along with artificial intelligence to power new features such as speed warp motion estimation for retiming, super scale for up-scaling footage, auto color and color matching, facial recognition and more! The DaVinci Neural Engine is entirely cross-platform and uses the latest GPU innovations for AI and deep learning to provide unparalleled performance and quality. The DaVinci Neural Engine provides simple tools to solve complex, repetitive and time consuming problems. For example, it enables facial recognition to automatically sort and organize clips into bins based on people in the shot!
New and Improved ResolveFX
DaVinci Resolve Studio 16 features major improvements to existing ResolveFX, along with several new plugins that editors and colorists will love! You get new ResolveFX plugins for adding vignettes, drop shadows, removing objects, adding analog noise and damage, chromatic aberration, stylizing video and more! There are also improvements to the scanline, beauty, face refinement, blanking fill, warper, dead pixel fixer and colorspace transformation plugins. Plus, you can now view and edit ResolveFX keyframes from the timeline curve editor on the Edit page or from the keyframe panel on the Color page!
Legendary DaVinci Quality
DaVinci Resolve’s Emmy™ award-winning image processing technology features deep 32-bit float processing combined with unique, patented YRGB color science that processes luminance independent of color. This allows you to adjust the luminance of video without rebalancing the color of your highlights, midtones, or shadows! The massive internal color space is perfect for the latest HDR and wide color gamut workflows.
Blackmagic RAW is a new and modern codec that gives you stunning image quality and blazing fast performance in an intelligent new file format. Featuring advanced de-mosaic technology and a revolutionary intelligent design, Blackmagic RAW gives you both the quality and benefits of RAW with the speed, ease of use and file sizes of traditional video formats.
Hardware Control Panels
When you have a client looking over your shoulder you need to work fast. DaVinci Resolve control panels are designed to give you fluid, hands-on control over multiple parameters at the same time, allowing you to create looks that are simply impossible with a standard mouse! All controls are logically placed near your natural hand positions and are made out of the highest quality materials. You get smooth, high resolution weighted trackballs, along with precision engineered knobs and dials that feature the perfect amount of resistance so you can accurately adjust any setting. DaVinci Resolve control panels let you instinctively touch every part of the image!
Fairlight Professional Consoles
Fairlight mixing consoles provide high quality controls for nearly every parameter and feature in the software. Unique user interfaces and dynamic configuration changes provide fast to use buttons and controls that are optimized for the task at hand allowing you to work faster with Fairlight audio than any other tool in the world. With the modular design you can start with a larger console frame than you need and add more modules to meet the growing needs of your facility.
Fairlight timeline editing toolset improvements.
• New mouse and keyboard based editing toolset.
• User adjustable per track scalable waveform display.
• Keyboard shortcut editing actions now include fade, cut, select and move.
• Support for alt/option dragging clips to create a clip copy.
• Support for pasting clips across timelines.
• Support for bouncing individual audio clips to files.
• Support for dragging audio clips to separate tracks using modifiers.
• Support for dragging audio clips to specific positions using modifiers.
• Support for converting multichannel tracks into linked groups.
• Support for a user preference to align audio edits to frame boundaries.
• Support for an action to trim all audio edits to frame boundaries.
Fairlight sound library.
• Release of the Fairlight sound library installer for foley effects.
• Support for searching and displaying sound library description metadata.
Effects and plugin management improvements.
• Automatic sorting of AU and VST audio effects into types and categories.
• Favorite audio plugins are now displayed at the top of the mixer plugin list.
Additional immersive audio support.
• Support for MPEG-H bussing and monitoring in DaVinci Resolve Studio.
• Improved pan and balance including the ability to constrain panning.
Track Index improvements.
• Support for the edit index in the Fairlight page.
• Drag selection of tracks, mute, solo and record controls in the track index.
• Drag and drop reordering of audio tracks in the track index.
AAF import/export improvements.
• Support for importing AAF sequences as new tracks in an existing timeline.
• Support for importing AAF sequences with an offset to an existing timeline.
• Support for importing multichannel tracks from an AAF as linked groups.
• Support for broadcast wave files when exporting an embedded AAF.
• Support for exporting audio cross fades and fade handles in AAF files.
Audio mixing improvements.
• Support for additional notch filters in clip EQ.
• Support for new FairlightFX Meters.
• Support for new FairlightFX LFE Filter.
Fairlight Audio Editor improvements.
• Support for dedicated controls for panning up and down.
• Support for editing clip EQ.
• Support for copying and pasting clip EQ.
• Support for creating and applying presets for clip EQ.
• Support for adding, managing and custom mapping of plugin parameters.
• Support for changing relative clip levels.
• Support for resetting clip levels to unity.
• Support for editing fade shapes and deleting fades.
• Support for saving and recalling user defined track view presets.
• Support for enabling layered audio editing from the desktop audio editor.
• Support for choosing automation curves from the editor panel or console.
• Improved behavior when moving track selection with no tracks selected.
• Support for improved timecode entry and high frame rate timecode.
• Support for entering relative timecode values.
• Support for inserting 00 in timecode entry by using the colon key.
• Support for master spill on console faders.
• Support for finer adjustment of controls using the mouse or audio editor.
• Support for media left and media right selection keys.
• Support for a text-only labels mode.
• Support for a traditional Fairlight keyboard layout.
Improved support for legacy Fairlight project import.
• Improved import of EQ, automation and fade from legacy Fairlight projects.
• Improved speed when importing large legacy Fairlight projects.
• Improved performance when switching to large timelines with many tracks.
• Support for creating a compound clip from an in-out range in the timeline.
• Support for previewing timeline audio during live overwrites of video edits.
• Support for editing individual angles to the timeline from a multi-cam viewer.
• Support for updating clip duration display while editing in the cut page.
• Support for a change transition duration dialog.
• Support for viewing duration in frames or timecode format in the viewers.
• Support for Fusion transition templates in the edit page.
• Support for Fusion generator templates in the edit page.
• Support for timeline view options per system in collaborative projects.
Media Pool improvements.
• Improved audio track metadata support with support for up to 24 tracks.
• Support for duplicated clips and timelines being placed in the source bin.
• Support for sorting media pool clips by date added.
• Support for showing synced audio filenames in the media pool list view.
• Support for revealing the media pool location of a clip from a smart bin.
• Support for a media pool context menu to duplicate clips and timelines.
• Support for only additional files when repeating media management copies.
Color grading improvements.
• Multiple stability and usability improvements for collaborative projects.
• Support for smart filters based on keywords and people metadata tags.
• Support for modifying primary grade values using numerical values.
• Support for retaining out of range data when monitoring at video levels.
• Support for Fusion MediaOut name tooltips on the node graph inputs.
• Support for feet and frames data burn-in options.
• Support for disabling output sizing and blanking for individual clip renders.
• Support option for showing scopes at video level and data level.
• Support for HLG gamma when using HDR scopes.
• Support for highlighting the color viewer qualifier position in the scopes.
• Support for Blackmagic RAW SDK 1.7.
• Support for rendering audio only timelines.
• Support for decoding 32 bit floating point audio.
• Improved support for color space and gamma when decoding H.265 clips.
• Support for displaying EXR codec name based on compression method.
• Support for overriding the color space and gamma tags in render settings.
• Support for RED SDK 7.2.1 and decoding clips from the Komodo camera.
• Support for two new parameters in the RED camera raw settings.
• Support for REDWideGamut Log3G10 IDT for ACES projects.
• Support for the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III camera.
• Support for decoding u-Law Audio in QuickTime clips.
• Support for alpha channel clips with the bypass re-encode option.
Scripting, API and general improvements.
• Support for running the primary screen as a window in dual screen mode.
• Improved scripting API with the ability to close an open project.
• Improved scripting API to set frame rate for media pool clips.
• Support for new scripting functions to return ordered lists.
• Support for video monitoring advance and delay on the Fairlight page.
• Support for GPI/GPO control on the Fairlight Audio Interface.
• Multiple performance and stability improvements.