Portable Macrium Reflect Technician’s 8.0.6034 (x64)
Macrium Reflect Portable – Image based backup and disaster recovery solutions have taken another big step forward in speed, simplicity and power. Our entire focus is helping organisations protect business critical data and systems, without fuss and budget breaking costs.
With a Macrium Reflect Technician’s License, IT maintenance and support engineers can put the power of Macrium Reflect’s backup engine in their pocket – on a USB stick.
This is useful because it gives engineers the ability to use Macrium Reflect without having to install it on a target workstation or server. Reflect can simply be run from a USB stick.
With a bootable rescue environment included, the Technician’s License also makes it possible to repair and restore computers that won’t boot.
With a Technician’s License you can add Macrium Reflect to a USB stick and carry the power of its backup engine in your pocket.
Perform maintenance and provide technical support with confidence by backing up data without ever installing Macrium on target machines.
By combining portability with reliability, you can ensure that users can get back to using their equipment quickly.
– New Backup Engine: Incremental and differential images up to 60 times faster
– Instant virtual booting of backup images: instantly create, start and manage Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines
– Ultra-fast Live imaging of windows systems, physical and virtual
– Restore images to dissimilar hardware using Macrium ReDeploy
– Greatly simplified administration including pre-defined Backup Plans for popular backup strategies
– Fully featured file and folder level backup and recovery
– Updated support for all the latest Windows Operating Systems and disk formats
Macrium Reflect 8 Features:
– Backup your entire PC to a single compressed image file.
– Backup files and folders to a single compressed archive file.
– Recover partitions and entire disk images with just a few clicks of your mouse
– Dynamic disk support
– MBR and GPT disk support
– Restore images to dissimilar hardware using Macrium ReDeploy
Macrium Reflect v8.0 has been comprehensively overhauled to provide a better user experience, and we’ve added some great new functionality as well…
- Resilient File System (ReFS) and exFAT support
- Dark Theme
- Intra-Daily scheduled backups
- Removable media Imaging and Cloning support
- Automatic partiton resizing when restoring or cloning to different sized disks
- New ‘Existing Backups’ view
- Improved File and Folder backup wizard
- Improved backup file name functionality
- New tbFAT driver for mounting File and Folder backups
- Redesigned and Improved ‘Log’ view
- OAuth 2.0 email authentication for Gmail and Outlook 365
- viBoot now includes Oracle VirtualBox support
- We’ve changed the menu fonts used in v8.0 to be the same face and point size as in v7.x. A future update will add additonal configuration options.
- The main application toolbar can now by hidden to save space. Take the ‘View’ > ‘Toolbar’ menu option.
- To save screen space, we’ve added a Show/Hide button for the filter options in the Log View.
- Logs were not being purged on startup when the retention was set for zero days. This has been resolved.
- We’ve resolved a crash when loading log files that are empty.
- File and Folder backups could incorrectly report access denied for some files when backing up. This has been resolved.
- The copied files list now shows Modified and Created dates in local time rather than UTC.
- Password reveal box now supports Windows Hello PIN authentication..
- We’ve fixed a problem with Outlook personal account usage in the MS Outlook 365 Email Settings
- Windows XPSome 32 bit components could error during initialization when running on Windows XP. This has been resolved.
- Shutdown after Backup We’ve resolved a problem that caused the power settings after a backup to not be honored.
- Exchange Exchange backups would not correctly group by year when selecting a backup to restore from. This has been resolved.
- Scheduled Backups View A rare program error could occur in the schedule history view when retrieving audit history records. This has been resolved.
- >UI Improvements
- Some Windows installations, including, but not limited to, Japanese and Chinese traditional, could substitute the UI font with an incorrect typeface. This has been resolved.
- Image Guardian Event Viewer did not correctly display Warning icons. This has been resolved.
- Technicians License The Technicians Portable application could display an incorrect expiry date in the application title bar. This has been resolved.
- Batch Backups Backups run in ‘batch mode’, using a script by passing parameters to the Reflect command line would incorrectly show a completion dialog. This has been resolved.
- viBoot viBoot could fail to load v8 encrypted image files. This has been resolved.
- Various Various minor fixes and changes to improve Macrium Reflect.
- Rescue Media Builder
- When determining what size partition to create for USB rescue media, the Rescue Media Builder will now always allocate at least 20% more space than is required for the files to ensure enough space is allocated.
- If the Rescue Media Builder could not find enough space on a USB stick to create the rescue media, the log could report incorrect partition numbers and size requirements. This has been resolved.
- An invalid filename for an iso file could cause the iso file path to be malformed. This has been resolved.
- Macrium Reflect UI – General
- We’ve added a Full/Diff/Inc backup type column to the Log View list.
- The ‘Type’ column in the ‘Definition Files’ view is now sortable.
- Disabled menu items could sometimes appear as enabled when using the light theme. This has been resolved.
- When trying to rename an XML definition file, the ‘c’ character could not be entered. This has been resolved.
- The mouse pointer detection zone for check-boxes in the Browse Image dialog box was too small, making them difficult to interact with. This has been resolved.
- Under Reflect Defaults, some text labels in the Email Settings could become misaligned. This has been resolved.
- Existing Files View
- We’ve changed the icon in the list of folders for network shares that can’t connect and for folders that don’t exist. We’ve also added a ‘Connect’ context menu to prompt for authentication and to display an appropriate error message for local folders.
- Intermittent connection issues could cause the list of backups in a shared folder to be empty. This has been resolved.
- Removing the last folder in the list of files to search in the existing backups view would not refresh the backups. This has been resolved.
- When authenticating a network share while booted into the Rescue Media, clicking the Show Password button could cause the Rescue Media to reboot. This has been resolved.
- The backup run dialog could be clipped when running at 800×600 resolution. This has been resolved.
- An incorrect VSS warning message box was displayed when imaging removable drives in the rescue media. This has been resolved.
- We’ve increased the time-out when connecting to network shares to reduce connection failures.
viBoot in VirtualBox mode now uses per-user repository for VMs instead of per-machine configuration. This is to bring it in-line with Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager UI. Existing VMs will be migrated to per-user repository when viBoot is restarted after installation.
- Removable Drive Images
Images of BitLocker encrypted flash/removable drives would fail with a file system error. This has been resolved.
A drive letter could be incorrectly assigned when ‘None’ was selected for the target partition drive letter. This has been resolved. .
- Server Plus Exchange
- Exchange backups now show a more appropriate error when attempting to backup databases that changed location.
- Encrypted and password protected Incremental backups could fail to append to an existing backup set. This has been resolved.
Various minor fixes and changes to improve Macrium Reflect.