Portable Macrium Reflect Technician’s 8.0.6758 (x64)
Macrium Reflect Portable – Image based backup and disaster recovery solutions have taken another big step forward in speed, simplicity and power. Our entire focus is helping organisations protect business critical data and systems, without fuss and budget breaking costs.
With a Macrium Reflect Technician’s License, IT maintenance and support engineers can put the power of Macrium Reflect’s backup engine in their pocket – on a USB stick.
This is useful because it gives engineers the ability to use Macrium Reflect without having to install it on a target workstation or server. Reflect can simply be run from a USB stick.
With a bootable rescue environment included, the Technician’s License also makes it possible to repair and restore computers that won’t boot.
With a Technician’s License you can add Macrium Reflect to a USB stick and carry the power of its backup engine in your pocket.
Perform maintenance and provide technical support with confidence by backing up data without ever installing Macrium on target machines.
By combining portability with reliability, you can ensure that users can get back to using their equipment quickly.
– New Backup Engine: Incremental and differential images up to 60 times faster
– Instant virtual booting of backup images: instantly create, start and manage Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines
– Ultra-fast Live imaging of windows systems, physical and virtual
– Restore images to dissimilar hardware using Macrium ReDeploy
– Greatly simplified administration including pre-defined Backup Plans for popular backup strategies
– Fully featured file and folder level backup and recovery
– Updated support for all the latest Windows Operating Systems and disk formats
Macrium Reflect 8 Features:
– Backup your entire PC to a single compressed image file.
– Backup files and folders to a single compressed archive file.
– Recover partitions and entire disk images with just a few clicks of your mouse
– Dynamic disk support
– MBR and GPT disk support
– Restore images to dissimilar hardware using Macrium ReDeploy
Macrium Reflect v8.0 has been comprehensively overhauled to provide a better user experience, and we’ve added some great new functionality as well…
- Resilient File System (ReFS) and exFAT support
- Dark Theme
- Intra-Daily scheduled backups
- Removable media Imaging and Cloning support
- Automatic partiton resizing when restoring or cloning to different sized disks
- New ‘Existing Backups’ view
- Improved File and Folder backup wizard
- Improved backup file name functionality
- New tbFAT driver for mounting File and Folder backups
- Redesigned and Improved ‘Log’ view
- OAuth 2.0 email authentication for Gmail and Outlook 365
- viBoot now includes Oracle VirtualBox support
- We’ve changed the menu fonts used in v8.0 to be the same face and point size as in v7.x. A future update will add additonal configuration options.
- The main application toolbar can now by hidden to save space. Take the ‘View’ > ‘Toolbar’ menu option.
- To save screen space, we’ve added a Show/Hide button for the filter options in the Log View.
- Logs were not being purged on startup when the retention was set for zero days. This has been resolved.
- We’ve resolved a crash when loading log files that are empty.
- File and Folder backups could incorrectly report access denied for some files when backing up. This has been resolved.
- The copied files list now shows Modified and Created dates in local time rather than UTC.
- Password reveal box now supports Windows Hello PIN authentication..
- We’ve fixed a problem with Outlook personal account usage in the MS Outlook 365 Email Settings
- Windows XPSome 32 bit components could error during initialization when running on Windows XP. This has been resolved.
- Shutdown after Backup We’ve resolved a problem that caused the power settings after a backup to not be honored.
- Exchange Exchange backups would not correctly group by year when selecting a backup to restore from. This has been resolved.
- Scheduled Backups View A rare program error could occur in the schedule history view when retrieving audit history records. This has been resolved.
- >UI Improvements
- Some Windows installations, including, but not limited to, Japanese and Chinese traditional, could substitute the UI font with an incorrect typeface. This has been resolved.
- Image Guardian Event Viewer did not correctly display Warning icons. This has been resolved.
- Technicians License The Technicians Portable application could display an incorrect expiry date in the application title bar. This has been resolved.
- Batch Backups Backups run in ‘batch mode’, using a script by passing parameters to the Reflect command line would incorrectly show a completion dialog. This has been resolved.
- viBoot viBoot could fail to load v8 encrypted image files. This has been resolved.
- Various Various minor fixes and changes to improve Macrium Reflect.
We’ve added Chinese and Chinese (Taiwan) to Macrium Reflect, and improved the coverage of translated strings.
We would like to thank our localization contributors for their outstanding help with the Macrium Reflect localization project. For credits, please take the ‘Help’ > ‘About’ menu option and click ‘Localization Contributors’
- Macrium Reflect Automation Command Line Utility – MRAuto.exe
We’ve created a new utility to simplify common Image backup and restore tasks using the Windows command line.Note: MRAuto.exe is installed to the Macrium Reflect installation folder and is not available for Macrium Reflect Free.
- File and Folder
- We’ve added a “Select All” checkbox to the Search Restore Files Wizard. Note: When multiple versions of a file are available, only the most recent will be selected.
- Incremental and Differential backups could incorrectly list some unchanged files as included in the current backup. This has been resolved.
- Macrium Image Guardian
We’ve added an optional email notification for Blocked File Operations.
A password error could incorrectly be reported for encrypted image files during a VM Backup. This has been resolved.
- Rescue Media
When building PE 10 rescue media, if a custom wim file was provided, the Windows PE 10 download would sometimes incorrectly report failure. This has been resolved.
- Macrium Reflect General
- We’ve added additional information to the ‘Detach Image’ dialog to identify the mounted image file.
- We’ve added the ability to purge the scheduled tasks history for Macrium Task Scheduler (MTS) jobs.
- Image logs have been enhanced to include the unique volume path for each file system imaged. This helps to identify which volume is being verified when there is no drive letter assigned to the file system.
- Saving a generated backup script in a previously unseen folder will show a ‘Script folder warning’ message to ensure the folder is protected from unauthorised access.
- Renaming scripts from the script view context menu could prematurely cancel or lose the file extension. This has been resolved.
- Site Manager created Image Files and Logs would not always have the backup definition displayed as Site Manager nor be correctly filtered. This has been resolved.
- Using the Existing Files view context menu to View Backup Logs by definition, will now show Site Manager logs for a Site Manager created Image File.
Various minor fixes and changes to improve Macrium Reflect.