Portable mIRC 7.52
mIRC portable is a popular Internet Relay Chat client used by millions of people, and thousands of organizations, to communicate, share, play and work with each other on IRC networks around the world. Serving the Internet community for over a decade, mIRC has evolved into a powerful, reliable and fun piece of technology.
mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions. It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games.
mIRC 7.52 has been released! (February 28th 2018)
This release includes improvements, changes and fixes to a number of features, including:
- Added support for IRCv3 STS secure connection feature.
- Fixed SSL connect behaviour that prevented a retry connect attempt for non-critical SSL errors.
- Updated code signing certificate.
- Added support for IRCv3 batch feature.
- Fixed online timer bug that caused mIRC to freeze once a minute the more connected status windows were open.
- Extended ^K color support for indexes 16 to 98.
- Updated libraries to OpenSSL 1.0.2n.
- Fixed font dialog not displaying sample text correctly for certain fonts.
- Added “Hide away reminders” option that hides repeat away messages for ten minutes.
- Fixed /timer -h bug that prevented a subsequent /timer -h request from using the multimedia timer.
- Changed script editor file monitor to ignore daylight savings offset and to check file size changes.
- Changed CAP cap-notify support for NEW/DEL so that mIRC no longer disconnects/reconnects for most CAP features unless necessary.
- Changed mouse wheel scrolling to scroll by page if this option is enabled for your mouse in Windows.
- Added $fromeditbox identifier that returns $true/$false if command or identifier called directly from an editbox.
- Fixed $msfile() gpf when too many files are selected.
- Fixed regular expression bug relating to \K escape sequence.
- Added /ignore support for highlight, speech, and tips.
In total, there have been around 70 changes since the last release.