Portable MusicDevelopments RapidComposer 3.5 (x64)
RapidComposer is a complete solution for music composers, both amateurs and professionals. It is a comprehensive software that offers you advanced tools for score composing or editing. With its preview tool you can listen to your creation as you compose it. RapidComposer is a unique, non-destructive, phrase-based music composition software.
– Advanced tools for phrase editing, phrase generation, phrase morphing, phrase grouping, motif development, chord progression editing
– Master track with chords (note names or universal notation) which all phrases automatically conform to
– Chord suggestions, chord progression generation with optional borrowed chords, chord progression rules editing, chord voicing editing and assigning to tracks and phrases
– Easy chord entry from Chord Selector, Circle Of Fifths chart, MIDI keyboard, or computer keyboard. Chord Selector offers ‘Chord List’, ‘Scale Degrees’, ‘Palette’, ‘Chord Builder’ and ‘Circle Of Fifths’.
– Included rhythm generators: Schillinger’s Interference, Polyrhythm, Subdivision, Generic Rhythm, Probabilistic Rhythm, Euclidean Rhythm, Smooth Rhythm, Bass Rhythm, Simple Intervals, Toggle Intervals
– Included phrase generators: Arpeggiator, Bass Generator, Chord Generator, Dyads Run, Generator, Fingerpicking Generator, Generic Generator, Phrase Container, Piano Run Generator, Strings Staccato Generator, only in the full edition: Melody Generator, Random Melody Generator, Phrase Morpher
– Included variations: Add Chord Notes, Add Interval, Adjust Note Lengths, Apply Rhythm, Audio Gain, Delay Notes, Double Note, Double Phrase, Expression, Extract Rhythm, Humanize, Join Notes, Limit Note Range, MIDI Echo, Make Monophonic, Mirror Horizontally, Mirror Vertically, Permute Chord Notes, Quantize, Remove Note, Remove Short Notes, Rests, Rotate Notes, Simplify Phrase, Spread Out Chord Notes, Staccato-Legato, Strumming, Swap Chord Notes, Swing, Transpose, Triple Phrase, Velocity, Velocity Generator
– Melody generation (full edition only), melody auto-harmonization using 2 methods ,
– Piano roll with scale and chord notes shading, and smart arranging of overlapped notes in two styles.
– In-place non-destructive phrase-level and note-level editing
– Editing percussion tracks using drum maps
– Sophisticated MIDI CC editing and recording
– Articulations can be assigned to phrases or even individual notes (full edition only)
– Extensive scale, chord, guitar chord, chord progression databases.
– Rhythm drag-and-drop between phrases or from rhythm browser, applying a rhythm pattern on a phrase,
– Taggable instrument browser of all MIDI, VSTi and SF2 presets in one place
– Integrated Idea Tool that can generate a multi-track composition, offering 3 different workflows (full edition only)
– Unlimited undo (simple list or version tree with branches)
– Fully customizable user interface (all colors and font size) with preset themes
– Fully customizable keyboard shortcuts
– MIDI drag-and-drop tracks or composition to DAWs
– Virtual instruments (VSTi v2.4 plug-ins) support
– SoundFont (.SF2) support
– Standalone and VST version (32-bit and 64-bit), both Windows and macOS. The VST version of RapidComposer is usable in DAWs that support VST plug-ins with MIDI output.
After more than 5 months of development and 16 beta versions, v3.5 was released today. The new version features the Percussion Generator which you can use to create original percussion phrases with a single click (in the full edition only).