The world’s #1 compression software is leading the way in flexible file management. Browse, open, manage and share files and folders on your PC, network or cloud services all in WinZip. Open all major compression types, including Zip, Zipx, RAR, 7Z, TAR, GZIP and more. Ensure your files are protected with WinZip’s easy-to-apply FIPS-197 certified 128- or 256-bit encryption.
The new File Management ribbon lets you quickly open and edit files, create folders, wipe files and folders for secure deletion, and much more. Zip large files so they take up less space in the cloud. Apply PDF conversion, photo resizing and watermarking to files on your computer, network or cloud services. Then replace the original with the converted file or save it separately. Sharing is more versatile than ever with support for YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and several instant messaging services, including Twitter IM, Office 365 groups, Google Talk/Google+ Hangouts, Yahoo! Messenger and Jabber.
Plus, you can browse, access and edit files on several leading cloud services, all from within WinZip. The dynamic WinZip interface changes to suit your task, making it easy to find the right files and features when you need them, and you can use WinZip on any touch screen, including the latest 2-in-1 computers and your favorite devices. Experience a flexible new way to manage all your files with protection you can count on in WinZip.
• Compress files to save space and reduce transmission times
• Create Zip, LHA, and new Zipx files – the smallest Zip files ever
• Let WinZip select the “best” compression method based on file type to maximize efficiency
• Compress JPEG image files by 20 to 25% with no loss of photo quality or data integrity
• Open and extract from Zip, Zipx, RAR, 7Z, LHA BZ2, CAB, IMG, ISO, and other archive files
• Experience better performance on most files with LZMA compression
• View international characters in filenames through Unicode support
• Create and read Zip files larger than 4GB
• Secure sensitive data with FIPS-197 certified AES encryption (128- and 256-bit)
• Encrypt and decrypt confidential files and email attachments
• Auto-wipe (“shred”) temporarily extracted copies of encrypted files
• Feel safe knowing Auto-wipe uses the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD 5220.22-M) standard
• Set password policy by controlling complexity requirements
• Set or disable available encryption methods
• Take advantage of hardware support in certain Intel-based computers for even faster AES encryption
Package and Share:
• Bundle files into zipped packages, creating convenient, logical groups of related files
• Organize and secure email attachments, which transmit faster thanks to smaller file sizes
• See the content of Zip file attachments in Outlook 2013 using the Zip file previewer
• Double click on a file in the Zip file previewer for Outlook 2007 to open it for viewing
• View photos in Zip files without extracting, using WinZip’s internal image viewer
• Resize Photos when using Zip and E-Mail
• Quickly create and send Zip files with one-click “Zip & E-Mail”
• Resize photos from a Zip file when sending by email or to a new Zip file
• Use “Send To” to send new and existing Zip files as e-mail attachments
• Use Save As, Rename, and New Folder commands to easily manage Zip files
• Create Self-Extracting Archives with Self-Extractor Personal Edition
• Split Zip files to make large Zip files fit on removable media
• Use Zip from Camera Wizard to quickly transfer, rotate, and compress photos from supported cameras
Backup / Automate:
• Prevent data loss with automated data backup facility
• Burn back-ups to CD or DVD and automatically split them over multiple discs, if necessary
• Upload your back-ups to an off-site server using WinZip’s internal FTP client
• Create custom jobs to automate routine zip tasks
• Schedule jobs to run automatically and unattended
• Utilize predefined WinZip jobs
• Email, FTP upload, or burn Zip files to disc using Job Wizard
• Email log files upon WinZip job completion
• Utilize WinZip’s command line interface for scripting (free add-on)
ENHANCED! MP3 Compression
Keep more music on your phone or on a cloud service, or share playlists more easily, with enhanced MP3 compression. WinZip 21 compresses your MP3 files by 15 – 20% on average with no loss in quality thanks to the enhanced Zipx format.
NEW! Access all your accounts
If you have work and personal accounts on the same cloud or IM services, now you can add and access all of them in WinZip. You no longer need to log in and out depending on which accounts you want to use. Add up to 16 accounts, give them unique names to distinguish them and enjoy easy access to your files for any of the many services supported by WinZip 21.Pro and Enterprise only.
NEW! Combined Address Book
Email and share more easily directly from WinZip’s internal emailer to any of your contacts with the new Combined Address Book. Add contact information from your email accounts, multiple social media services and local contact directories so you no longer need to go outside WinZip to find the address you need.
NEW! Create individual Zip files for streamlined sharing
Sometimes you want to access just one file in a large, multi-file Zip. With WinZip 21, you have the flexibility to move selected files to individual zip files with optional encryption. That means you no longer need to download an entire Zip when using your phone to access files in the cloud, you can simply download the individual zip file that you need.
NEW! Send What feature
Share all or only the selected files you want to send with this handy feature. Once you review or change the contents of your Zip and click Send selected files, you can choose whether to send individually selected files or the entire Zip.
NEW! Share Converted files
Avoid added clutter by sharing files without having to save them first. Previously, when using WinZip’s conversion options, like converting to PDF or adding watermarks, you would need to overwrite the existing file or save the converted file, then find, share and delete it. Now, simply share your converted file by email, IM, social media or the clipboard and the temporary file is
NEW! Add a Network Location
Now you can access a network location from another domain without leaving WinZip. Any network you have access to can be added to the WinZip Files Pane, even if it is not included in the list of available networks in Windows under the Network folder.
NEW! See image information in the Preview Pane
Get all the information you need about an image, right in WinZip 21. Click the new Image Information button in the Preview Pane to view a dialog that includes height, width, pixels per inch, pixel depth/colors, file size and more. Pro and Enterprise only