The world’s #1 compression software is leading the way in flexible file management. Browse, open, manage and share files and folders on your PC, network or cloud services all in WinZip. Open all major compression types, including Zip, Zipx, RAR, 7Z, TAR, GZIP and more. Ensure your files are protected with WinZip’s easy-to-apply FIPS-197 certified 128- or 256-bit encryption.
The new File Management ribbon lets you quickly open and edit files, create folders, wipe files and folders for secure deletion, and much more. Zip large files so they take up less space in the cloud. Apply PDF conversion, photo resizing and watermarking to files on your computer, network or cloud services. Then replace the original with the converted file or save it separately. Sharing is more versatile than ever with support for YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, and several instant messaging services, including Twitter IM, Office 365 groups, Google Talk/Google+ Hangouts, Yahoo! Messenger and Jabber.
Plus, you can browse, access and edit files on several leading cloud services, all from within WinZip. The dynamic WinZip interface changes to suit your task, making it easy to find the right files and features when you need them, and you can use WinZip on any touch screen, including the latest 2-in-1 computers and your favorite devices. Experience a flexible new way to manage all your files with protection you can count on in WinZip.
• Compress files to save space and reduce transmission times
• Create Zip, LHA, and new Zipx files – the smallest Zip files ever
• Let WinZip select the “best” compression method based on file type to maximize efficiency
• Compress JPEG image files by 20 to 25% with no loss of photo quality or data integrity
• Open and extract from Zip, Zipx, RAR, 7Z, LHA BZ2, CAB, IMG, ISO, and other archive files
• Experience better performance on most files with LZMA compression
• View international characters in filenames through Unicode support
• Create and read Zip files larger than 4GB
• Secure sensitive data with FIPS-197 certified AES encryption (128- and 256-bit)
• Encrypt and decrypt confidential files and email attachments
• Auto-wipe (“shred”) temporarily extracted copies of encrypted files
• Feel safe knowing Auto-wipe uses the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD 5220.22-M) standard
• Set password policy by controlling complexity requirements
• Set or disable available encryption methods
• Take advantage of hardware support in certain Intel-based computers for even faster AES encryption
Package and Share:
• Bundle files into zipped packages, creating convenient, logical groups of related files
• Organize and secure email attachments, which transmit faster thanks to smaller file sizes
• See the content of Zip file attachments in Outlook 2013 using the Zip file previewer
• Double click on a file in the Zip file previewer for Outlook 2007 to open it for viewing
• View photos in Zip files without extracting, using WinZip’s internal image viewer
• Resize Photos when using Zip and E-Mail
• Quickly create and send Zip files with one-click “Zip & E-Mail”
• Resize photos from a Zip file when sending by email or to a new Zip file
• Use “Send To” to send new and existing Zip files as e-mail attachments
• Use Save As, Rename, and New Folder commands to easily manage Zip files
• Create Self-Extracting Archives with Self-Extractor Personal Edition
• Split Zip files to make large Zip files fit on removable media
• Use Zip from Camera Wizard to quickly transfer, rotate, and compress photos from supported cameras
Backup / Automate:
• Prevent data loss with automated data backup facility
• Burn back-ups to CD or DVD and automatically split them over multiple discs, if necessary
• Upload your back-ups to an off-site server using WinZip’s internal FTP client
• Create custom jobs to automate routine zip tasks
• Schedule jobs to run automatically and unattended
• Utilize predefined WinZip jobs
• Email, FTP upload, or burn Zip files to disc using Job Wizard
• Email log files upon WinZip job completion
• Utilize WinZip’s command line interface for scripting (free add-on)
NEW! Set Expiration Dates for Files and Folders
Don’t let old files clutter your storage. Now your local and network files and folders, including Zip files can be scheduled for deletion. From “Expire Files”, pick the files and folders you want to schedule, specify the number of days before expiration, and click “Schedule”. WinZip will remove them for you upon expiration. Scheduling cloud files and folders for deletion requires either WinZip Pro or Enterprise.
NEW! Option to view password entry
Prevent password typing errors. WinZip’s new “Eyeball” icon allows you to show or hide your password when typing it into the password field. You choose when to make the password entry visible.
NEW! Drag and Drop ‘Add to Zip’ in WinZip’s Files Pane
Easily add files to Zip files displayed in WinZip’s Files pane. Simply drag and drop your files onto a Zip file in the WinZip Files pane and it gets added- just like that!
NEW! Remove additional EXIF data from files
Stop sharing personal information accidentally. Remove hidden personal data (EXIF) from files before they are shared. Use WinZip to secure any of the following file types to ensure they do not contain hidden personal data: DOC/DOCX, GIF, JPG (JPEG), PDF, PNG, PSD, PPT/PPTX, and XLS/XLSX.
NEW! View Date taken and Date Modified
Sort your pictures by date taken. When previewing images, you can now view them by date taken or date modified. This helps you distinguish between the date the files were copied and the date the photo was taken.
NEW! Rename multiple files at once
Don’t rename your files one-by-one. Use WinZip’s “Group Rename” to rename a group of files in a single action.
NEW! Direct Access Technology for faster display and unzipping
WinZip’s Direct Access Technology provides a noticeable reduction in time to display and unzip large Zip files stored in the cloud.
NEW! Automate WinZip Express
Name and save your favorite WinZip Express settings and reuse them at a later time. Reuse the settings as often as you wish without having to remember which settings you previously used. WinZip Pro and Enterprise users can also schedule WinZip Express to run automatically using saved settings.
NEW! Share using Windows Charms
Extend WinZip’s sharing capabilities for Email, Social Media, and Instant Messaging to include using Windows Charms feature. (Windows built-in sharing services).
NEW! Shorten shared URLs
Don’t let text wrapping in messages break your shared file links. Using the ZipShare service, WinZip can automate the process to optionally shorten URLs to shared files before WinZip inserts the URL into an Instant Message, Social Media message, or Email message.
NEW! Slide to Hide Files and Action Panes
Tablet and Notebooks users, see more information in the Zip pane. With the new ability to slide the Files pane and Actions pane out of the way, more information can be displayed in the Zip pane.
ENHANCED! Schedule File and Folder Clean Up using Background Tools
Set your own schedule and execution for WinZip’s background tools. Let them work on your system when you aren’t.
ENHANCED! Manage Files with WinZip’s built-in File Management
WinZip’s File Management features are now easier to understand and more effective. Now, when you are in WinZip’s File Management, the Ribbon buttons and Actions pane buttons focus on file/folder operations.
ENHANCED! Get a link to My Cloud File
A convenient way to share files stored in the cloud – when “Save link in the clipboard” checkbox is checked in the Save to Cloud dialog, a link to the uploaded (saved) file is placed on the Clipboard. The link can then be pasted into other apps, such as Skype or Word.