Portable Batch Text Replacer 2.15.0
With Batch Text Replacer Portable (formerly TextMage), you have a powerful tool at hand to edit multiple text files simultaneously. The program contains a variety of powerful features to adjust the contents of text files as needed. For example, whole sections within a text can be replaced, inserted or removed. Furthermore, you can add or remove line breaks, change the encoding of text files using the integrated text converter and much more. All functions can be combined and saved as a template for reuse.
The built-in backup function allows you to reverse the changes if necessary. By using the integrated file search of the program, files can be searched for certain keywords in advance, allowing you to narrow down the text files to be edited in a preselection (additionally to the separately usable filter).
With Batch Text Replacer Portable you can:
– clearly presented search and replace text in multiple files at once
– also batch process very large text files (up to a size of 40 MB and two million lines)
– save the settings made as profile for reuse
– edit specific sections of text files (for example, replace, move or swap sections within a text)
– perform line operations – edit lines in a text or within text files e.g., number, indent, replace, insert, swap, move or remove lines
– group functions and apply filter or higher-order functions to them
– search many files for occurrences of a particular term and further process or export the result list, or copy it to the clipboard
– search and replace multiple text phrases at once using CSV files
– change the encoding of text files (e.g., convert UTF-8 to ANSI)
– perform text edits using regular expressions and variables
– use the integrated batch mode to perform text operations via a script file
– preview the impact of each action
– undo changes made using the integrated zip backup
– apply extensive filters to limit the files to be processed (e.g., based on file size or encoding)
VERSATILE TEXT EDITING FUNCTIONS
The batch processing solution contains many useful functions for flexibly editing multiple text files. For example, for searching and replacing text passages, you have several tools at your disposal; among others you can use a CSV file for this task. By being able to combine all functions together in any order, you can perform very complex text operations with Batch Text Replacer.
The effect of the changes will be shown in the preview in real time. This allows an examination of the result in advance. Changed text sections can be highlighted in color for clarity.
- Batch Text Replacer containing much more text editing functions than an ordinary text replacer
- The case of text sections can be changed as desired
- Search and replace by using CSV files
- Search and replace multiple terms at once
- Entries of an imported list can be inserted line by line at any position
- Support for PERL-compatible regular expressions
- Integrated text converter to change the encoding of text files (e.g., convert UTF-8 to ANSI)
- Remove, modify, or add newline characters
- Text editing functions can be combined arbitrarly
SPECIAL FUNCTIONS FOR EDITING LINES
Batch Text Replacer Portable contains many features and powerful filters for editing lines. Using the line filter, lines may be excluded from editing or be exclusively processed. For example, you can remove all lines that begin with a pound sign or a slash in all text files added to edit. Furthermore, it is possible to move a defined range of lines or lines with specific properties to any position or to edit e.g., indent these lines exclusively.
For advanced users, additional options for the flexible editing of lines are available through the use of variables and regular expressions. The use of variables allows, among other things, to store two groups of lines in individually named variables in order to insert these two variables combined at a certain location into the text.
EXTENSIVE OPTIONS FOR FILTERING TEXT, TEXT BLOCKS AND LINES
Batch Text Replacer Portable includes multiple tools to restrict the text to be edited. The text area to be processed can be precisely defined by entering a start and end criterion. This is helpful, for example, in order to replace only the text between two HTML tags. You can use the “Repeat” option to process all subsequent areas that meet the specified criteria. Furthermore, it is possible to exclude files, text areas or lines with certain characteristics from the processing, such as lines that begin with a number or a certain term. Area limiter and filters can be nested across multiple levels.
- Functions can be applied to all matching areas (e.g., HTML or XML elements)
- Numerous types of filters: file filter, text filter, line filter, variable filter, area limiter and variable content filter
- Sections to be processed within a text can be narrowed down exactly
- Filters are flexible nestable with each other
Batch Text Replacer Portable Release Note:
- It is now also possible to save a simple list of folder and/or file names of a specific folder into a variable.