Mailbird Portable is an intuitive email client that promises to deliver an uncluttered experience and several handy features for managing your email messages. The tool offers support for up to three email accounts and gives you the possibility to work with Gmail, Yahoo!, Outlook.com, iCloud or other IMAP email provider.
Sleek and smart design
The program adopts an intuitive layout with handy features at your fingertips. The interface is inspired by Sparrow, the well-known email client for Mac and iPhone.
Setting up a new account proves to be a piece of cake, as Mailbird is able to automatically detect your server settings, apply them and load the email messages on the fly. Additionally, power users can edit the account settings for the incoming and outgoing servers.
The main panel is divided into three areas: the inbox and labels on the left part of the main window, list of conversations in the middle and full message content on the right. You can also save emails into preset or custom folders.
Write new emails
Mailbird comes packed with basic features for helping you create new email messages, as you change the color, font and size of the text, drag and drop attachments in the Composition window, and check your spelling as you type.
Working with extensions and hotkeys
A special feature included in the package enables you to improve the application’s functionality with the aid of open-source extensions that can be developed by third-parties. The support for hotkeys makes it easier for you to access most of the program’s features.
Several configuration settings to play with
You can group unread conversations at the top and messages into conversations, make the email client run at Windows startup, and show notifications (indicate unread count in the taskbar and system tray, play sound when receiving new message, reveal tray notification when receiving a message).
Furthermore, you are allowed to create identities, connect with Facebook in order to see profile pictures and contact information of your friends, and set up proxy parameters.
Your Inbox. Your Tasks. United.
– With Mailbird and Moo.do, you can now link up your tasks directly.
– Simply drag your emails into your daily task list, and get to inbox zero in no time, while you organize your tasks easily and conveniently.
– Want to quickly see the emails from your task list again?
– Simply click the email task, and Mailbird opens it for you.
Productivity. Scheduling. Anything.
Access the many powerful apps that helps you stay more productive, and integrate your daily communcation with your favorite apps.
– Try the Google or Sunrise calendar apps to easily schedule your meetings and combine multiple calendars.
– The WhatsApp instant messaging app, allows you to stay connected with your business partners, friends and family easily via Mailbird.
– Veeting Rooms app is for business meetings, when you want Swiss hosted secure and encrypted peer-to-peer connection. Includes secure p2p video, chat, whiteboard, and document sharing.
Whatsapp & Email. Side by side.
– With your WhatsApp stream running in Mailbird, you can easily communicate with people via email and instant messaging at the same time.
– Drag and drop attachments from your emails into Whatsapp, to easily share photos, videos and documents.
Create your own layout.
– You can customize the layout to match your preferred way of working. Try it now. Move your mouse over the different layouts below.
Pick your favorite color.
– Feel at home with your favorite color themes. The whole Mailbird experience adapts to your choice, and you can change as often as you’d like.
Full touchscreen support.
– Switch seemlessly between trackpad, mouse and touchscreen, as you swipe your way thorugh your inbox.
– Works with any laptop and touchscreen or touchpad.