Medicat USB 21.03 (Mini Windows 10 x64)
MediCat USB is a bootable troubleshooting environment that ships with Windows PE boot environment, and troubleshooting tools. The author of MediCat DVD designed the bootable toolkit as an unofficial successor to the popular Hiren’s Boot CD boot environment. Hiren’s Boot Cd has last been updated in 2012, and while it works in many cases, at least some of the software it ships with is outdated and requires updating.
You get to access all sorts of programs right there, and even more if you are using a version of the toolkit that came with PortableApps included (this one). This include many tools that help you troubleshoot issues on a PC; to name a few: EaseUS Partition Master, HDDExpert, NTFS Permissions Tool, backup tools, Dead Pixel tester, CPU-Z, RegAlyzer, Dr.Web CureIt, Kaspersky TDSSKiller, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and Autoruns.
MediCat USB is a complete Hiren’s Boot Disk replacement for modern computers. MediCat USB aims to replace the discontinued and dated Hiren’s Boot Disk. It is geared towards modern hardware, and follows the Ubuntu release cycle with a newly-updated release every 6 months. The author of MediCat DVD designed the bootable toolkit as an unofficial successor to the popular Hiren’s Boot CD boot environment. The menu lists the following options in this regard:
- 64-Bit windows Recovery: Choice of Microsoft or Easy Recovery options for Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.
- Hard Disk Tools: includes currently Acronis TrueImage 2017, GParted, Norton Ghost 11.5, Paragon Hard Disk Manager, PloP Boot Manager, SpinRite, SuperGrubDisk, Darik’s Boot and Nuke.
- Diagnostic Utilities: includes currently Hardware Detection Tool Memtest86+, TestDisk / PhotoRec / LiliPad, Ultimate Boot Cd.
- Scan for Viruses: this launches Comodo Rescue Disk currently only.
- Remove User Account Passwords: Active Password Changer, Daossoft Windows Password Rescuer, Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, PCUnlocker, Boot Kon-Boot CD.
[email protected] BootDisk
AoMei Partition Assistant
EaseUS Partition Master
MiniTool Partition Wizard
Acronis True Image
MiniTool Power Data Recovery
EaseUS Todo Backup
Lazesoft Recovery Suite
Backup and Restore Drivers
USB Flash Drive Format Tool
Dead Pixel Tester
Windows ISO Downloader
Wise Registry Cleaner
Windows Password Recovery
Macrorit Data Wiper
Macrorit Partition Expert
Avira PC Cleaner
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder
VLC media player
… and many more
What’s NEW in MediCat USB 21.03
+ PassMark Memtest86 Pro v9.0 for [ARM64/AARCH64] [UEFI]: Since Ventoy added ARM64/AARCH64 support, I figured it couldn’t hurt to add this version for people with ARM64 hardware. Though I don’t have any ARM64 computers myself, so it’s completely untested by me. Any feedback of it working or not is greatly appreciated.
– Replaced MiniTool Partition Wizard with AOMEI Partition Assistant, as MiniTool wouldn’t launch under WinPE. Please Note: When you launch AOMEI Partition Assistant, it changes the screen resolution to 1024×768, and I’m not sure how to stop it from doing that. It’s just a harmless side effect we’ll have to live with for now.
~ Many PortableApps have been updated.
~ Ventoy to v1.0.38
~ Wabbitemu’s TI-83 Plus OS has been upgraded from v1.13 to v1.19 of the OS.
~ Acronis True Image to v2021 Build 39184 [UEFI] (Huge bug-fix version.)
~ EaseUS Todo Backup to v 13.5.0 [UEFI]
~ AOMEI Backupper to v6.4 [UEFI]
~ NIUBI Partition Editor to v7.4.1 [UEFI]
~ Symantec Ghost x64 to v22.214.171.12431 [UEFI]
~ SystemRescue to v8.01 [UEFI]
~ O&O BlueCon to v18.0.8088 [UEFI]
~ Parted Magic to v2021.02.28 [UEFI]
~ EasyUEFI to v4.5.1 [UEFI]
~ PassMark Memtest86 Pro to v9.0 stable [UEFI]
~ BootIt Bare Metal to v1.70 [BIOS]
# Version info has been updated.
# New wallpaper.
* Edited Lang.ini in the boot.wim of “MiniTool Power Data Recovery v9.2” from Spanish (Language=58) to English (Language=31), so it now boots in English.
* Returned Malwarebytes Bootable to the 2018 WinPE, as scans were unable to be finished by the 2016 WinPE in the v12.01 release.
* Set the “BootIt Bare Metal v1.70” ISO under the “auto_memdisk” section of ventoy.json, so it just boots properly with the press of the ENTER button.
* Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
Requirements: USB stick with minimum 32 GiB.
Note: First thing to do is disable any “real-time scanning” in your antivirus software, including Windows Defender. Otherwise you will have applications get deleted from your USB stick during creation, and things won’t work properly.