Medicat USB 20.09 (Mini Windows 10 x64)
MediCat USB is a bootable troubleshooting environment that ships with Windows PE boot environment, and troubleshooting tools. The author of MediCat DVD designed the bootable toolkit as an unofficial successor to the popular Hiren’s Boot CD boot environment. Hiren’s Boot Cd has last been updated in 2012, and while it works in many cases, at least some of the software it ships with is outdated and requires updating.
You get to access all sorts of programs right there, and even more if you are using a version of the toolkit that came with PortableApps included (this one). This include many tools that help you troubleshoot issues on a PC; to name a few: EaseUS Partition Master, HDDExpert, NTFS Permissions Tool, backup tools, Dead Pixel tester, CPU-Z, RegAlyzer, Dr.Web CureIt, Kaspersky TDSSKiller, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and Autoruns.
MediCat USB is a complete Hiren’s Boot Disk replacement for modern computers. MediCat USB aims to replace the discontinued and dated Hiren’s Boot Disk. It is geared towards modern hardware, and follows the Ubuntu release cycle with a newly-updated release every 6 months. The author of MediCat DVD designed the bootable toolkit as an unofficial successor to the popular Hiren’s Boot CD boot environment. The menu lists the following options in this regard:
- 64-Bit windows Recovery: Choice of Microsoft or Easy Recovery options for Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.
- Hard Disk Tools: includes currently Acronis TrueImage 2017, GParted, Norton Ghost 11.5, Paragon Hard Disk Manager, PloP Boot Manager, SpinRite, SuperGrubDisk, Darik’s Boot and Nuke.
- Diagnostic Utilities: includes currently Hardware Detection Tool Memtest86+, TestDisk / PhotoRec / LiliPad, Ultimate Boot Cd.
- Scan for Viruses: this launches Comodo Rescue Disk currently only.
- Remove User Account Passwords: Active Password Changer, Daossoft Windows Password Rescuer, Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, PCUnlocker, Boot Kon-Boot CD.
AoMei Partition Assistant
EaseUS Partition Master
MiniTool Partition Wizard
Acronis True Image
MiniTool Power Data Recovery
EaseUS Todo Backup
Lazesoft Recovery Suite
Backup and Restore Drivers
USB Flash Drive Format Tool
Dead Pixel Tester
Windows ISO Downloader
Wise Registry Cleaner
Windows Password Recovery
Macrorit Data Wiper
Macrorit Partition Expert
Avira PC Cleaner
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder
VLC media player
… and many more
What’s NEW in MediCat USB 20.09
+ An extensive collection of 68 ransomware decryption tools is now available in the PortableApps Suite, under it’s own category “Ransomware Decryption”.
+ Atheros, Broadcom, and Netgear drivers added to System\Drivers\Networking to help get you connected online under Mini Windows 10. (If they are problematic for you, just remove them.)
+ Shortcut to Malwarebytes and PortableApps launcher on the Mini Windows 10 desktop.
+ MiniTool ShadowMaker Pro Ultimate 3.5 [UEFI]
– “M e d i C a t USB” logo on the Background.png, switching to theme-generated text instead that reads “MediCat USB v20.09”. This text will be used going forward.
– Needless files for Memtest86 v8.3 that got left behind. Now only the Memtest86 v8.3 .EFI file is there.
– PLoP Linux. Took up too much space. Might make a return in a future 64GB build, but it’s gone for now.
~ Ventoy to v1.0.20, adding experimental .img booting support. (Now boots 90% of the distros on distrowatch.com!)
~ Malwarebytes virus definitions to v2020.08.30.04
~ Parted Magic to v2020_08_23 [UEFI]
~ Acronis True Image to v2021 Build 30480 [UEFI]
~ NIUBI Partition Editor to v7.3.6 [UEFI]
~ AOMEI Partition Assistant to v8.9 [UEFI]
~ MiniTool Power Data Recovery to v8.8 [UEFI]
~ EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to v13.6 [UEFI]
* Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
Requirements: USB stick with minimum 32 GiB.
Note 1: First thing to do is disable any “real-time scanning” in your antivirus software, including Windows Defender. Otherwise you will have applications get deleted from your USB stick during creation, and things won’t work properly.
Note 2: Please use imageUSB and follow the instructions (included) to help you make a bootable USB stick successfully.
Download Medicat USB
medicat.20.09.7z.003 – 4.0 GB
medicat.20.09.7z.005 – 4.0 GB
medicat.20.09.7z.004 – 4.0 GB
medicat.20.09.7z.007 – 983.0 MB
medicat.20.09.7z.002 – 4.0 GB
medicat.20.09.7z.006 – 4.0 GB
medicat.20.09.7z.001 – 4.0 GB