Medicat USB 21.06 (Mini Windows 10 x64)
MediCat USB is a bootable troubleshooting environment that ships with Windows PE boot environment, and troubleshooting tools. The author of MediCat DVD designed the bootable toolkit as an unofficial successor to the popular Hiren’s Boot CD boot environment. Hiren’s Boot Cd has last been updated in 2012, and while it works in many cases, at least some of the software it ships with is outdated and requires updating.
You get to access all sorts of programs right there, and even more if you are using a version of the toolkit that came with PortableApps included (this one). This include many tools that help you troubleshoot issues on a PC; to name a few: EaseUS Partition Master, HDDExpert, NTFS Permissions Tool, backup tools, Dead Pixel tester, CPU-Z, RegAlyzer, Dr.Web CureIt, Kaspersky TDSSKiller, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and Autoruns.
MediCat USB is a complete Hiren’s Boot Disk replacement for modern computers. MediCat USB aims to replace the discontinued and dated Hiren’s Boot Disk. It is geared towards modern hardware, and follows the Ubuntu release cycle with a newly-updated release every 6 months. The author of MediCat DVD designed the bootable toolkit as an unofficial successor to the popular Hiren’s Boot CD boot environment. The menu lists the following options in this regard:
- 64-Bit windows Recovery: Choice of Microsoft or Easy Recovery options for Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.
- Hard Disk Tools: includes currently Acronis TrueImage 2017, GParted, Norton Ghost 11.5, Paragon Hard Disk Manager, PloP Boot Manager, SpinRite, SuperGrubDisk, Darik’s Boot and Nuke.
- Diagnostic Utilities: includes currently Hardware Detection Tool Memtest86+, TestDisk / PhotoRec / LiliPad, Ultimate Boot Cd.
- Scan for Viruses: this launches Comodo Rescue Disk currently only.
- Remove User Account Passwords: Active Password Changer, Daossoft Windows Password Rescuer, Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, PCUnlocker, Boot Kon-Boot CD.
[email protected] BootDisk
AoMei Partition Assistant
EaseUS Partition Master
MiniTool Partition Wizard
Acronis True Image
MiniTool Power Data Recovery
EaseUS Todo Backup
Lazesoft Recovery Suite
Backup and Restore Drivers
USB Flash Drive Format Tool
Dead Pixel Tester
Windows ISO Downloader
Wise Registry Cleaner
Windows Password Recovery
Macrorit Data Wiper
Macrorit Partition Expert
Avira PC Cleaner
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder
VLC media player
… and many more
What’s NEW in MediCat USB 21.06
+ Discord Portable has been reinstated and works again. It’s a little slow to startup and update itself, etc… but it does work.
+ DeepL Translator app in the PortableApps menu, for more fluent and smarter translations.
+ WBG Windows Password Reset was added to Jayro’s Lockpick by @AAA3A
+ @AAA3A created a Startup.bat script that loads anything placed into the Y:\System\Startup\ folder once the desktop loads in. This can be useful for opening a custem application you like, or a notepad document, for example.
+ @AAA3A and I have added a custom Wallpaper Changer script to Mini Windows 10. Place your custom background.png into the Y:\System\ directory (Y:\System\background.png) and your custom wallpaper will be set upon the desktop loading in. If you do not have a wallpaper located at Y:\System\background.png, the defaut wallpaper from X:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows\img0.jpg will be provided for you.
+ A Wi-Fi connection generation script was made by @AAA3A, and added to the build. What you do is edit Y:\System\Startup\Wifi.bat with your network’s SSID and Password, and switch the “set generation” flag to a capital ‘Y’. Run the Wifi.bat, and it will generate you a Wifi.xml file. Then edit the “set generation” flag back to a capital ‘N’ and save it. Now it will connect to your Wi-Fi network automatically every time you boot up Mini Windows 10.
+ MON5TERMATT#9999 on the MediCat USB Official Discord server compiled AAA3A’s batch file to an EXE that launches Tor Browser from the PortableApps Menu.
+ OnlyOffice Desktop Editor Portable has been added to the PortableApps Menu.
+ Many, many, MANY applications have been added to the Start Menu. Be sure to check out the entire thing, it’s LOADED with applications now!
+ Exported previous MediCat USB wallpapers to the Themes folders, so you can now choose any of the previous MediCat USB wallpapers.
+ New icon theme for the PortableApps menu, made by Discord user ijahangard#8048.
– Extra copy of ShredOS I forgot to remove in the last version.
~ Many PortableApps have been updated.
~ Ventoy to v1.0.46
~ Jayro’s Lockpick (the WinPE) was rebuilt by me using WinBuilder.
~ Jayro’s Lockpick (the application) was updated by @AAA3A.
~ Mini Windows 10 was rebuilt from the ground up using Windows 10 Pro v2004 in WinBuilder. This brings many improvements, like better Wi-Fi drivers and trackpad support for HP laptops.
~ Malwarebytes Bootable (the WinPE) was rebuilt using WinBuilder.
~ Added a craptop of Apps in the Mini Windows 10 Start Menu. Lots to choose from now.
~ Rescuezilla to v2.2 [UEFI]
~ Macrium Reflect to v8.0.5994 [UEFI]
~ Mini Windows 10
~ Jayro’s Lockpick
~ Malwarebytes Bootable
# Version info has been updated.
# New Wallpaper
# Better spacing adjustments for the F-key buttons at the bottom, since [F7] was added.
* Better trackpad support in Mini Windows 10, Malwarebytes Bootable, and Jayro’s Lockpick.
* Rebuilt Malwarebytes Bootable – When you update the Virus Definitions, make sure you exit the app in the task tray, and re-open it so the new definitions take hold. Otherwise you may BSOD. And on that note, when running a custom scan, make sure you uncheck all 4 boxes on the left side to mitigate your chances of getting a BSOD.
* Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have be
Requirements: USB stick with minimum 32 GiB.
Note: First thing to do is disable any “real-time scanning” in your antivirus software, including Windows Defender. Otherwise you will have applications get deleted from your USB stick during creation, and things won’t work properly.