Medicat USB 20.06 (Mini Windows 10 x64)
MediCat USB is a bootable troubleshooting environment that ships with Windows PE boot environment, and troubleshooting tools. The author of MediCat DVD designed the bootable toolkit as an unofficial successor to the popular Hiren’s Boot CD boot environment. Hiren’s Boot Cd has last been updated in 2012, and while it works in many cases, at least some of the software it ships with is outdated and requires updating.
You get to access all sorts of programs right there, and even more if you are using a version of the toolkit that came with PortableApps included (this one). This include many tools that help you troubleshoot issues on a PC; to name a few: EaseUS Partition Master, HDDExpert, NTFS Permissions Tool, backup tools, Dead Pixel tester, CPU-Z, RegAlyzer, Dr.Web CureIt, Kaspersky TDSSKiller, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and Autoruns.
MediCat USB is a complete Hiren’s Boot Disk replacement for modern computers. MediCat USB aims to replace the discontinued and dated Hiren’s Boot Disk. It is geared towards modern hardware, and follows the Ubuntu release cycle with a newly-updated release every 6 months. The author of MediCat DVD designed the bootable toolkit as an unofficial successor to the popular Hiren’s Boot CD boot environment. The menu lists the following options in this regard:
- 64-Bit windows Recovery: Choice of Microsoft or Easy Recovery options for Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.
- Hard Disk Tools: includes currently Acronis TrueImage 2017, GParted, Norton Ghost 11.5, Paragon Hard Disk Manager, PloP Boot Manager, SpinRite, SuperGrubDisk, Darik’s Boot and Nuke.
- Diagnostic Utilities: includes currently Hardware Detection Tool Memtest86+, TestDisk / PhotoRec / LiliPad, Ultimate Boot Cd.
- Scan for Viruses: this launches Comodo Rescue Disk currently only.
- Remove User Account Passwords: Active Password Changer, Daossoft Windows Password Rescuer, Offline NT Password & Registry Editor, PCUnlocker, Boot Kon-Boot CD.
AoMei Partition Assistant
EaseUS Partition Master
MiniTool Partition Wizard
Acronis True Image
MiniTool Power Data Recovery
EaseUS Todo Backup
Lazesoft Recovery Suite
Backup and Restore Drivers
USB Flash Drive Format Tool
Dead Pixel Tester
Windows ISO Downloader
Wise Registry Cleaner
Windows Password Recovery
Macrorit Data Wiper
Macrorit Partition Expert
Avira PC Cleaner
Emsisoft Emergency Kit
Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder
VLC media player
… and many more
What’s NEW in MediCat USB 20.6
+ Support to boot .WIM files! (Both Legacy BIOS + UEFI).
+ HDAT2 v7.0 [BIOS]
+ Active@ Data Studio v126.96.36.199 [UEFI]
+ EasyUEFI v4.0 [UEFI]
+ DiskGenius v188.8.131.521 [UEFI]
~ Ventoy to v1.0.12
~ EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard to v13.3 [UEFI]
~ EaseUS Todo Backup to v13.2 [UEFI]
~ O&O BlueCon to v17.1.7103 [UEFI]
~ Active@ Boot Disk updated to v16.0.0 x64 [UEFI]
~ I rebuilt Malwarebytes Antimalware from nearly scratch, and is now bootable under UEFI. It has a new 1920×1080 wallpaper, boots faster, and now has a 64-bit OS.
~ Newer Windows 10 Recovery disc.
~ New 1920×1080 wallpaper for Mini Windows 10, now booting directly from .wim file.
~ Changed out many bootable ISOs to just their .wim files, for faster booting and a smaller footprint:
The remaining ISOs are either Linux-based, or have additional files needed in the ISO to function properly and can’t be dismantled.
* Ranamed the “Malwarebytes Antimalware” folder to “Antivirus”, so people can add their anti-virus and anti-malware distros in here. I include my “Malwarebytes Bootable” version that I manage and maintain, so I’ll just let others add their own bootable antivirus distros. (Most of the ones I find are very old, or can’t update their definitions once booted up, and that’s not helpful for anybody.)
* Renamed the OSImages folder to “Windows_Installers”, so people can drop their Windows installation ISOs in here. (I have read that Install.wim will not boot by itself, as it’s dependent on many other files inside the ISO image, so keep the Windows installer ISOs complete.)
* Renamed the [EFI] distro tags to [UEFI] for more accurate representation and consistency.
* Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.
Requirements: USB stick with minimum 64 GiB.
Note 1: First thing to do is disable any “real-time scanning” in your antivirus software, including Windows Defender. Otherwise you will have applications get deleted from your USB stick during creation, and things won’t work properly.
Note 2: Please use imageUSB and follow the instructions (included) to help you make a bootable USB stick successfully.
Download Medicat USB
medicat.20.06.7z.001 – 4.0 GB
medicat.20.06.7z.002 – 4.0 GB
medicat.20.06.7z.003 – 4.0 GB
medicat.20.06.7z.004 – 4.0 GB
medicat.20.06.7z.005 – 4.0 GB
medicat.20.06.7z.006 – 4.0 GB
medicat.20.06.7z.007 – 4.0 GB
medicat.20.06.7z.008 – 4.0 GB
medicat.20.06.7z.009 – 3.4 GB